Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Around the League Week 3

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-22-2023, 08:32 AM   #46
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Re: Around the League Week 3

From what I was watching, I totally agree with the line the 9ers are well coached.

The Giants have virtually no running game without Barkley. Their line is like tissue paper, though that may have a fair bit to do with facing the Cowpukes and 9ers pass rush, as much as their being bad. Giants again seem to have no receivers, and those that are there can't seem to catch (Waller had a shocker).

The 9ers didn't go deep often because they had no need. They played ball control very effectively. Their backs and Samuel repeatedly got more yardage out of plays than expected. And Purdy didn't throw many risky balls, not least because he didn't need to. But his 2nd TD was a beauty. Kids picking up where he left off pre injury.

Giants are very beatable if you play solid D. We need our DL to come out of the blocks running when we play them, as it's arguably better than 9ers. Have DJ running for his life.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-22-2023, 08:43 AM   #47
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Tranny Dymes threw 15 touchdowns last season in 16 games

That’s it

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 09:01 AM   #48
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Was a one score game in the fourth though.
True, but then the Giants players quit.

That's not the worst part. The worst part is that the Giants coaches quit on the players before the game even started. That was a pathetic excuse for a game plan, if they had a game plan. Apparently, the coaches decided before the game that they wouldn't be able to run or throw deep against the 49ers so they came up with the least creative and dinkiest short passing plan they could. When the 49ers doubled Waller, it was over.

No Giants coach or player gets a pardon for this uninspired performance.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 09:10 AM   #49
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Everyone is having the issues with Amazon's showing right? At times screens all blurry like a storm is messing up the satellite coverage...sound is all over the place...it's just mine right?
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 09:40 AM   #50
Are Jay
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins247 View Post
Everyone is having the issues with Amazon's showing right? At times screens all blurry like a storm is messing up the satellite coverage...sound is all over the place...it's just mine right?
Maybe a wifi issue? Mine was just fine last night.
Are Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 10:49 AM   #51
calia
Playmaker

Chiefs w/o EB this season - 20 and 17 points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2023, 11:01 AM   #52
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
Chiefs w/o EB this season - 20 and 17 points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is kinda apparent to me…it’s been interesting to hear the talking heads avoid the topic.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 02:55 PM   #53
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Around the League Week 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
This is kinda apparent to me…it’s been interesting to hear the talking heads avoid the topic.

Don’t think they are avoiding it. They don’t play their guys in preseason. Plus Kelce was hurt and they lost Hardman and Schuster. Kelce and Schuster were the two main targets last year. Throw in the fact that Toney has dropped 47 balls. If it continues they will certainly talk about it. Losing EB certainly doesn’t help but they have been down some weapons from last year.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 02:59 PM   #54
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post

That's not the worst part. The worst part is that the Giants coaches quit on the players before the game even started. That was a pathetic excuse for a game plan, if they had a game plan. Apparently, the coaches decided before the game that they wouldn't be able to run or throw deep against the 49ers so they came up with the least creative and dinkiest short passing plan they could. When the 49ers doubled Waller, it was over.

LOL.............
Old 09-22-2023, 03:02 PM   #55
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Tranny Dymes threw 15 touchdowns last season in 16 games

That’s it

Ran for 7 too. Without Barkley he is not able to run as effectively though. They are in trouble if his “high” ankle sprain lingers.
Old 09-22-2023, 03:03 PM   #56
calia
Playmaker

True, but they scored fewer points with Kelce in week 2 than they scored without him in week one. Their WR situation admittedly isn't as good as last year, although Hardman and Smith-Schuster aren't exactly world-beaters (Hardman has 1 catch for 6 yards for the Jets and Smith-Schuster has 9 catches for 61 yards in two games for the Pats). Those guys had good numbers last year because of Mahomes, I would argue.

Point being that EB's departure does seem to be having an effect.
Old 09-22-2023, 03:52 PM   #57
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Around the League Week 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post

I hate the Giants more than anyone here because I live in Giants country. But I have to disagree with this. SF is a juggernaut. Beat down two good teams on the road. This was a primetime home opener. Giants were overmatched on a short week, and without their best offensive player. Id take their HC and DC in a heartbeat.

Again I hate the Giants. I do not think Jones is as good as their fans do. But that was a tough tough situation playing across the country, against arguably the best team in football, on a short week. Not sure there is a gameplan for that.
Old 09-22-2023, 04:28 PM   #58
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
I hate the Giants more than anyone here because I live in Giants country. But I have to disagree with this. SF is a juggernaut. Beat down two good teams on the road. This was a primetime home opener. Giants were overmatched on a short week, and without their best offensive player. Id take their HC and DC in a heartbeat.

Again I hate the Giants. I do not think Jones is as good as their fans do. But that was a tough tough situation playing across the country, against arguably the best team in football, on a short week. Not sure there is a gameplan for that.
Tak about losing your edge! Fuck the Giants!! They just aren't very good. Their offense is atrocious to watch.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 05:50 PM   #59
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:

It might be a tad early to consider them a juggernaut. They are 3-0, can't take that away from them. But like you said earlier, the Giants game was closer than the score. Also, the Rams win was a one-score game, and the Steelers just aren't a good team.

They will definitely be in the mix all year, but they are beatable.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 06:28 PM   #60
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
It might be a tad early to consider them a juggernaut. They are 3-0, can't take that away from them. But like you said earlier, the Giants game was closer than the score. Also, the Rams win was a one-score game, and the Steelers just aren't a good team.

They will definitely be in the mix all year, but they are beatable.

Yeah the Rams played them well. I think they will be much better than last year. They dominated Seattle in Seattle. The Rams are that dark horse team in the NFC that nobody is talking about.