Eric Bieniemy

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-11-2023, 02:13 PM   #46
Meks
Pro Bowl

Re: Eric Bieniemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Really, Kyle was 6-10 year one ,4-12 year 2, he was in the hot seat in year 3.
The offense with one read RG3 and Alfred Morris was better than it is now, his offense, scheme and coaching abilities will always trump EB who didn't even really call plays in KC.
And if he did, judging by his time here, they may not even had won as much as they did lmao. Guy is a total liability behind the offense the way he currently does things and swears he simply won't change.

Kyle's also been HC for a good while now. Something EB apparently may never be.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-11-2023, 03:00 PM   #47
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
The numbers show the offense has only been marginally better than last year with Scott Turner. The EB hype was seriously overblown.

True, although in fairness, our OL has arguably been worse this year (which I didn't think was possible). Wylie has been an unmitigated disaster, as was Gates before he was replaced. Leno has been average at best and our LG situation has been dreadful too. Cosmi has been the only one that looks reasonably capable. And that's on RR, not EB (although I do wonder whether EB vouched for Wylie -- I assume so).

Also, our offense has not been aided by our dreadful defense which rarely produces turnovers or otherwise delivers a short field.

I cannot wait for this season to be over. And the new regime has really got to get it right quickly -- if the new HC and GM aren't a significant improvement over what we have and we don't see some reason for hope, they're going to risk folks thinking that nothing is different. The sad truth is that after years (decades) of being beat down, folks want to see change quickly and if it doesn't appear that way, whatever bump the franchise has seen since Snyder went away will be short lived.
Old 12-11-2023, 03:45 PM   #48
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
The numbers show the offense has only been marginally better than last year with Scott Turner. The EB hype was seriously overblown.

Yep, the passing stats are higher but the pass attempts are also much higher.

If Heinicke threw it 40 times a game he’d have big numbers too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-13-2023, 01:49 AM   #49
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
EB has a long way to go before he can be mentioned in the same breath as Kyle

In a way you're right......Kyle Shanahan has succeeded as a head coach.......Bieniemy hasn't fulfilled a head coaching position yet.
Old 12-13-2023, 01:50 AM   #50
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Yep, the passing stats are higher but the pass attempts are also much higher.

If Heinicke threw it 40 times a game he’d have big numbers too

Heineke is limited though......Howell is the better QB.
Old 12-13-2023, 02:40 AM   #51
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Although TH would have increased our time of possession, given his passes take so long to get to reach their target...
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 06:53 AM   #52
HTTR
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
True, although in fairness, our OL has arguably been worse this year (which I didn't think was possible). Wylie has been an unmitigated disaster, as was Gates before he was replaced. Leno has been average at best and our LG situation has been dreadful too. Cosmi has been the only one that looks reasonably capable. And that's on RR, not EB (although I do wonder whether EB vouched for Wylie -- I assume so).

Also, our offense has not been aided by our dreadful defense which rarely produces turnovers or otherwise delivers a short field.

I cannot wait for this season to be over. And the new regime has really got to get it right quickly -- if the new HC and GM aren't a significant improvement over what we have and we don't see some reason for hope, they're going to risk folks thinking that nothing is different. The sad truth is that after years (decades) of being beat down, folks want to see change quickly and if it doesn't appear that way, whatever bump the franchise has seen since Snyder went away will be short lived.

All true, but EB is in charge of making the whole offense work effectively, including the OL. He inherited the players, fair enough, but he has been slow to game plan for their strengths and weaknesses. The ‘80s Hogs weren’t considered elite players individually (Mark May was the only first rounder, Jacoby and Bostic weren’t even drafted). The NFL requires constant adaptation and innovation, and I don’t see EB as excelling in that department.

As for how long the new regime has from the standpoint of fans . . . I’m thinking of the renovation (defined as putting us squarely and respectably in the playoff conversation) as needing 2 drafts and FA cycles. So many interdependent parts to assemble, including the QB situation. Just because Dan drove us all crazy doesn’t mean Harris has to start off in the hot seat.

Old 12-13-2023, 07:55 AM   #53
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
Although TH would have increased our time of possession, given his passes take so long to get to reach their target...
That would give the defense more rest. I am no mathematician but based on each of their throwing velocity I'd estimate we would pentuple the rest given to the defense.
Old 12-13-2023, 11:28 AM   #54
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
That would give the defense more rest. I am no mathematician but based on each of their throwing velocity I'd estimate we would pentuple the rest given to the defense.
Why does the D need rest? They've been so bad stopping anything, they're on the field less time than the O as it is!
Old 12-13-2023, 11:31 AM   #55
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTTR View Post
All true, but EB is in charge of making the whole offense work effectively, including the OL. He inherited the players, fair enough, but he has been slow to game plan for their strengths and weaknesses. The ‘80s Hogs weren’t considered elite players individually (Mark May was the only first rounder, Jacoby and Bostic weren’t even drafted). The NFL requires constant adaptation and innovation, and I don’t see EB as excelling in that department.

As for how long the new regime has from the standpoint of fans . . . I’m thinking of the renovation (defined as putting us squarely and respectably in the playoff conversation) as needing 2 drafts and FA cycles. So many interdependent parts to assemble, including the QB situation. Just because Dan drove us all crazy doesn’t mean Harris has to start off in the hot seat.

To put us on a par with Eagles, 49ers, Cowboys etc. I agree 2 seasons minimum. But with the right GM, coaching staff, draft and FA we could easily be a tier 2 team. All hinges on the OL and overhauling the D (plus maybe a top tier WR). The right moves this offseason and we could easily be a playoff team.
Old 12-13-2023, 11:33 AM   #56
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
haha well done
Old 12-13-2023, 08:42 PM   #57
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Bieniemy should be retained only because of Sam Howell's development.....plus this is only Bieniemy's first year and the offense's first year in the offense. The offense needs continuity.....especially Howell
Old 12-13-2023, 10:16 PM   #58
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
Bieniemy should be retained only because of Sam Howell's development.....plus this is only Bieniemy's first year and the offense's first year in the offense. The offense needs continuity.....especially Howell
If he doesn't (and he hasn't seemed to) learn from his mistakes and change his fucking philosophy we're in for more screaming at the TV next year. Guys play calling is HORRID.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 10:48 PM   #59
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
they don't have WRs, that is the issue

I wouldn't be surprised if EB went back
I think this is the most likely outcome.

He might get another HC interview or two, but Rooney Rule is still a thing and I don't know that he's done a good enough job developing Howell to bump him to the next level. We'll see though. Odds of him returning next year are slim. Our record necessitates everybody associated with this dumpster fire gets burned.
Old 12-14-2023, 09:23 AM   #60
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Mahomes praised EB yesterday. Wouldn’t be surprised if they did bring him back