Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

World Champions

Parking Lot

Old 07-01-2005, 05:18 PM   #1
ST21
Impact Rookie

World Champions

JUST WANTED TO GIVE A SHOT OUT TO MY SAN ANTONIO SPURS, FOR WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP, TO ALL THE CRITICS WHO SAID WE WERE TO :thumb: HERES A DIFFERENT FINGER FOR YOU
ST21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-01-2005, 05:19 PM   #2
ST21
Impact Rookie

Re: World Champions

Feels Good To Be In A City Were There Are World Champions.....now Only If The Redskins Can Win...then I Can Rip
Old 07-01-2005, 06:03 PM   #3
Riggo44
The Starter

Congrats from a Lakers fan. The Lake show will be back to challenge you guys again in a year or two.
Old 07-01-2005, 06:07 PM   #4
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

yeah i guess congrats from a wizards fan, next year d.c. will have championships in all the major leagues.
Old 07-01-2005, 06:21 PM   #5
Riggo44
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby
yeah i guess congrats from a wizards fan, next year d.c. will have championships in all the major leagues.

I hope so for the Redskins sake.
Old 07-01-2005, 06:30 PM   #6
saden1
MVP

As a Sonics fan I'm torn. On one hand they beat the Sonics and on the other we got beat by the best team in the NBA. Congrats. The NBA is getting more exciting and now that there’s an age limit the future looks bright.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 09:46 PM   #7
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Saden - why is the NFL getting more exciting because of the age hike. Who are two of the most exciting players in the game. LeBron and Carmelo. I think Carmelo was 19, LeBron 18. Young players can light up the NBA, others sit on the bench. Players having to be 19 to enter doesn't make Tim Duncan any more exciting to watch.

On a side note, refs should start making him call backboard.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:54 PM   #8
jacobyfan
Special Teams

I don't think anything could make Tim Duncan more exciting to watch. The man's hair could be on fire and he'd still have that same dopey look on his face. I'm not saying he's not really good, I'm just saying for being as good at basketball as he is, he's the most boring human being I've ever seen.
jacobyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 10:28 PM   #9
wolfeskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal
Saden - why is the NFL getting more exciting because of the age hike. Who are two of the most exciting players in the game. LeBron and Carmelo. I think Carmelo was 19, LeBron 18. Young players can light up the NBA, others sit on the bench. Players having to be 19 to enter doesn't make Tim Duncan any more exciting to watch.

On a side note, refs should start making him call backboard.

you ever watch a high school basketball game ? they are boring as hell and thats what the nba is slowly becoming. they needed an age limit.
Old 07-04-2005, 12:34 AM   #10
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

You ever watch the basketball factory high school games? They're better than most college games. If you're watching Oak Hill academy you're seeing a polished team. High Schools are plagued by the fact that most of the time they don't have 5 people that are headed to college to play, and most college kids don't make the pros. You think 1 year will make that big of a difference? LeBron tore it up as a rookie out of high school, granted I think he may very well be the best player the world will ever to see (Upseating Pistol Pete) but still. Comparing an ordinary high school to the NBA is wrong, and I'm sorry, if these kids didn't have first round talent they wouldn't be drafted there. Sometimes they're taken on as projects (Kobe) or sometimes as a franchise player (LeBron) but either way aren't hurting the league.

The most boring players in the game aren't even the young ones. Many of them are very exciting. The Karl Malones, Tim Duncans, etc guys are boring. People that have the fundamental skills down to a science. I'm not saying they're not talented or effective; however, that doesn't make them exciting by any stretch.
Old 07-04-2005, 02:05 AM   #11
ST21
Impact Rookie

Thanks To All The Guys Who Sent A Shoot Out To Me......
Old 07-04-2005, 10:19 AM   #12
wolfeskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal
You ever watch the basketball factory high school games? They're better than most college games. If you're watching Oak Hill academy you're seeing a polished team. High Schools are plagued by the fact that most of the time they don't have 5 people that are headed to college to play, and most college kids don't make the pros. You think 1 year will make that big of a difference? LeBron tore it up as a rookie out of high school, granted I think he may very well be the best player the world will ever to see (Upseating Pistol Pete) but still. Comparing an ordinary high school to the NBA is wrong, and I'm sorry, if these kids didn't have first round talent they wouldn't be drafted there. Sometimes they're taken on as projects (Kobe) or sometimes as a franchise player (LeBron) but either way aren't hurting the league.

The most boring players in the game aren't even the young ones. Many of them are very exciting. The Karl Malones, Tim Duncans, etc guys are boring. People that have the fundamental skills down to a science. I'm not saying they're not talented or effective; however, that doesn't make them exciting by any stretch.

say what you want but the nba sucks compared to how it was about 10, 12 years ago. i remember back in 1992 the nba was a close 2nd to the nfl in terms of my favorite sport but as all the greats ( barkley, thomas, bird,hakeem, stockton,jordon, etc....etc...) started retiring , the nba has gotten steadily worse and worse. partley because of the loss of those players but also because the nba started drafting high school kids on a more and more consistant bassis. the nba gained some fans in the 13-19 years of age but lost fans in the 26 and up and who were the ones buying the tickets and going to the games ? that right , the 26 and up crowd. the nba is an embarrasment, just look at the last olympic team.