Bills Post Game - Post Here

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-03-2019, 06:19 PM   #16
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Re: Bills Post Game - Post Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceWeWereKings View Post
All that as an aside...he didn't do a lot of work tbh. Ad was running like a freak today...the game was run run run. He was still overthrowing like crazy and def not in any type of sync.
He wasnt terrible...but, let's be honest..he wasn't good.
Agree.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-03-2019, 06:27 PM   #17
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Thought Haskins was pretty solid. Missed some plays as every rookie does.

Bill Callahan was a fucking embarrassment. Never seen a coach purposely try to lose so hard.
Idk about trying to lose, but he definitely wasn't trying to win.

He was coaching like he was trying his damndest to win the game without throwing a forward pass, which is pretty consistent with what we've seen through 3 weeks.

It's obvious he has no faith or trust in Haskins, and I'm guessing it's because Haskins is learning slowly and is far from ready.

The whole time AP was gashing them, I was thinking about how a good coach would use that to set up play action. But Haskins either has no concept of how to run play action or Callahan doesn't trust him to run play action.

Either way it's going to be a long season regardless of who's under center.

Haskins showed me enough today to let him learn under center for the rest of the year. I don't know that Callahan is going to ever be comfortable enough to unleash him a bit though.

Callahan is coaching like a guy who's going to retire at the end of the year, and doesn't care how many he wins or loses before then. I'll be happy when he's gone.

Manusky - what can we say that hasn't been said already? Our defense looks bombed out and depleted. I think we have talent there, although we definitely need more, and I think fans in general underrate how important coaching is. Is Brady Brady without Belichick? Good coaches mask deficiencies and make players better. Bottom line: Is Manusky, or any of his coaches, making anyone better? I think Tomsula is doing good work with the d-line but that's it.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 07:42 PM   #18
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

was the fastest game I've ever seen live, was over at 3:45 ET.

ZERO Offensive Tds now in 3 straight weeks right?

That's all u need to know.

Bills D is damn good and fast, Haskins did what he was told to do and that is manage the game, take low risk throws and he was solid most of the day.
Old 11-03-2019, 08:17 PM   #19
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Haskins didn't turn the ball over after 4 in his first two appearances so that's a win for me.

Playcalling failed to inspire, maybe there's a reason Callahan has been an o-line coach since he got exposed by Gruden 17 years ago.

I didn't see anything Haskins did that can't be fixed with hard work and time. He's just not ready yet. If we're going to take L's for the rest of the year might as well hope he makes the best of the opportunity. I'd probably just leave him in the rest of the year but for whatever reason Callahan won't say it even though it should be the obvious choice. Keenum should only come back in if he's trying to win games, which he clearly isn't with his 80/20 run/pass ratio.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 08:24 PM   #20
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Haskins didn't turn the ball over after 4 in his first two appearances so that's a win for me.

Playcalling failed to inspire, maybe there's a reason Callahan has been an o-line coach since he got exposed by Gruden 17 years ago.

I didn't see anything Haskins did that can't be fixed with hard work and time. He's just not ready yet. If we're going to take L's for the rest of the year might as well hope he makes the best of the opportunity. I'd probably just leave him in the rest of the year but for whatever reason Callahan won't say it even though it should be the obvious choice. Keenum should only come back in if he's trying to win games, which he clearly isn't with his 80/20 run/pass ratio.
They need to take the training wheels off and let him throw downfield... Overall tho, this is what we will see the rest of the way, we won't win another game most likely
Old 11-03-2019, 08:29 PM   #21
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
was the fastest game I've ever seen live, was over at 3:45 ET.

ZERO Offensive Tds now in 3 straight weeks right?

That's all u need to know.

Bills D is damn good and fast, Haskins did what he was told to do and that is manage the game, take low risk throws and he was solid most of the day.
I don’t know about the Bills D being damn good, sucked against the run.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 08:30 PM   #22
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I don’t know about the Bills D being damn good, sucked against the run.
LBers and DBs are as good as it gets as far as groups go. They are stout and don't give up many big plays.
Old 11-03-2019, 08:34 PM   #23
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
LBers and DBs are as good as it gets as far as groups go. They are stout and don't give up many big plays.
They got killed by Philly and us against the run.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 11-03-2019, 09:00 PM   #24
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
They got killed by Philly and us against the run.
they did but what did we do in the 2nd half? Nothing
Old 11-03-2019, 09:02 PM   #25
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
they did but what did we do in the 2nd half? Nothing
They put everyone in the box and we blew plays.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 11-03-2019, 09:21 PM   #26
skinsfan69
Living Legend

The Bills aren't really even a good team. Look who they've beaten. All losing teams. The fact that we could not score a TD against them is just pathetic. You can design plays where Sims can have 4 routes and try and get him in space. You can throw some back shoulder passes to McLaurin. I saw so many give up plays. Just total loser football on offense.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 09:23 PM   #27
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
They put everyone in the box and we blew plays.
Exactly! The Bills' D is okay, but let's not make them to be some juggernaut. They can be ran on as well. A better team would've won today's game. Simple.
Old 11-03-2019, 09:24 PM   #28
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
The Bills aren't really even a good team. Look who they've beaten. All losing teams. The fact that we could not score a TD against them is just pathetic. You can design plays where Sims can have 4 routes and try and get him in space. You can throw some back shoulder passes to McLaurin. I saw so many give up plays. Just total loser football on offense.

+1 per your post.
Old 11-03-2019, 09:29 PM   #29
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceWeWereKings View Post
Let's be honest, haskins was below average. I get we want to see what's up, but 9 passes at the half? I know what everyone wants to thinkm..and I'm not saying bust or any such thing....but he wasnt great. It still seems like the game is too fast for him right now. That may improve and get better, it may not. But the game is still too fast for him and theres alot of work he has to do. I am up in the air as to if I want to see guice. I think rob is on our def need list...dont trust guice, and ad is not going to be around forever.
D did good. Finally seeing sweat doing some work. Matty I was around the ball all day. Norman is garbage and dinbar seems to be regressing...
If there was a percentage higher than 100, I would disagree with this that much. The playcalling gave him no chance to be very successful. Made some good throws and had no turnovers. Considering what Callahan let him do, I think he did pretty damn well. Callahan coached like a loser.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 09:38 PM   #30
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Idk about trying to lose, but he definitely wasn't trying to win.

He was coaching like he was trying his damndest to win the game without throwing a forward pass, which is pretty consistent with what we've seen through 3 weeks.

It's obvious he has no faith or trust in Haskins, and I'm guessing it's because Haskins is learning slowly and is far from ready.

The whole time AP was gashing them, I was thinking about how a good coach would use that to set up play action. But Haskins either has no concept of how to run play action or Callahan doesn't trust him to run play action.

Either way it's going to be a long season regardless of who's under center.

Haskins showed me enough today to let him learn under center for the rest of the year. I don't know that Callahan is going to ever be comfortable enough to unleash him a bit though.

Callahan is coaching like a guy who's going to retire at the end of the year, and doesn't care how many he wins or loses before then. I'll be happy when he's gone.

Manusky - what can we say that hasn't been said already? Our defense looks bombed out and depleted. I think we have talent there, although we definitely need more, and I think fans in general underrate how important coaching is. Is Brady Brady without Belichick? Good coaches mask deficiencies and make players better. Bottom line: Is Manusky, or any of his coaches, making anyone better? I think Tomsula is doing good work with the d-line but that's it.
Agree with everything here 99.99%.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote