Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

The Haskins Threat 2.0

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Your opinion on Haskins heading into next season?
Promising, he looks like he could be a player 43 72.88%
Still on the fence 15 25.42%
He's a bust 1 1.69%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2020, 09:35 AM   #151
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: The Haskins Threat 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
I’m taking QB with Number 2 .. if we dont I envision why the heck did we not draft Tua when we had chance during and after every game in future .. I’m not sold on Haskins at all .. we shall see .. as far as Chase goes even if he has 16 sacks it will not overcome a bad offense.. we now have the bottom O in the league and have done nothing to improve it ..
I could also see a trade down and get more picks to help build that O.

Advertisements
Old 04-07-2020, 10:15 AM   #152
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I could also see a trade down and get more picks to help build that O.
Of course we could still draft CY and focus primarily on the offense the rest of the way. I would like that very much!

If we were to get a second round pick or two third round picks for TW, I think that would lock us into Chase Young as our pick at #2.
Old 04-07-2020, 10:26 AM   #153
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Of course we could still draft CY and focus primarily on the offense the rest of the way. I would like that very much!

If we were to get a second round pick or two third round picks for TW, I think that would lock us into Chase Young as our pick at #2.
I think that ship is about sunk, Trent is still on the team and we are 3 weeks from the draft.. The price is going to drop, plus is T class is pretty deep..
Old 04-07-2020, 10:58 AM   #154
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I think that ship is about sunk, Trent is still on the team and we are 3 weeks from the draft.. The price is going to drop, plus is T class is pretty deep..
I have a feeling it will be either give him away or what till someone has an in season need.
Old 04-07-2020, 05:46 PM   #155
Ohioskins
Special Teams

Yeah, take Tua with the Number 2 pick and when he breaks like a China doll after a few big NFL hits ( and with our offensive line, those hits ARE coming), then see where you are. What a stupid idea, take an injury prone QB witht he Number 2 pick when you already have a QB from your use of your first round pick last year. Thank goodness you are not in our front office.
Old 04-07-2020, 07:25 PM   #156
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohioskins View Post
Yeah, take Tua with the Number 2 pick and when he breaks like a China doll after a few big NFL hits ( and with our offensive line, those hits ARE coming), then see where you are. What a stupid idea, take an injury prone QB witht he Number 2 pick when you already have a QB from your use of your first round pick last year. Thank goodness you are not in our front office.
To be fair he's only had 1 season of injuries and that was this yr. I think hes as good as Burrow or better but we need so much that drafting tua won't help. I'd be happy with chase but I'd be thrilled with more picks. We aren't competing this year, let's all face it so stock up picks and build

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2020, 07:59 PM   #157
MTK
\m/

lol to be fair, yeah he only blew out a hip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2020, 08:23 PM   #158
rocnrik
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohioskins View Post
Okay expert ...
Old 04-07-2020, 08:41 PM   #159
rocnrik
Playmaker

Speaking of experts .. DHall who actually knows football .. does not even believe that Haskins can beat out Kyle Allen ..hmmmm .yea we are set at QB ! No need in looking to upgrade that position .. but in the end none of us know what will happen now do we? So I’m not gonna get on here and call people stupid and all that .. it’s a forum to toss around ideas and have fun..
Old 04-07-2020, 10:36 PM   #160
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
lol to be fair, yeah he only blew out a hip

He's 100% cleared per reports, not saying he's Iron Man now but still..

As for the prospects, Haskins was great in college too so until these guys lace it up in the league it's all irrelevant.. Tua is the better QB but there have been plenty of college studs that fail...
Old 04-07-2020, 10:52 PM   #161
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
Speaking of experts .. DHall who actually knows football .. does not even believe that Haskins can beat out Kyle Allen ..hmmmm .yea we are set at QB ! No need in looking to upgrade that position .. but in the end none of us know what will happen now do we? So I’m not gonna get on here and call people stupid and all that .. it’s a forum to toss around ideas and have fun..
You are right, none of us really know what's happening.. I don't see Tua at all now with the Allen trade but like you said we'll see what happens. Again I hope for a trade down but if they take Chase I'd lie if I said I'd be upset. He's a great prospect with a huge upside.
Old 04-08-2020, 04:07 AM   #162
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
I think there are is a good group of TE prospects in the draft. We may get one or even two of them via the draft. Check out some film on Cole Kmet, Harrison Bryant, Adam Troutman and Thaddeus Moss. I like all of them, FWIW.

The problem with the TE draft prospects for the Redskins this draft, is that by our third round pick - all the best picks will be gone. So , we missed on Hooper. We’ve picked up some mediocre TE FA and we’ll add some unknown TE draft picks and UDFA. Last year Kyle Smith did the same thing with our WR and we hit pay dirt. Can he do the same thing with the TE group this year? Let’s see what happens?

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Old 04-08-2020, 08:47 AM   #163
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
The problem with the TE draft prospects for the Redskins this draft, is that by our third round pick - all the best picks will be gone. So , we missed on Hooper. We’ve picked up some mediocre TE FA and we’ll add some unknown TE draft picks and UDFA. Last year Kyle Smith did the same thing with our WR and we hit pay dirt. Can he do the same thing with the TE group this year? Let’s see what happens?

Strongly disagree.There will be a good TE prospect available at #66. All of them need some development so most of them won't go in the first two rounds. FWIW I think Adam Troutman, Brycen Hopkins, Harrison Bryant, Cole Kmet, Albert O., Thad Moss and Josiah Deguara all have something to offer the Skins. That's seven decent prospects off the top of my pointy head.
Old 04-08-2020, 09:22 AM   #164
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Thad Moss is like Cris Carters son... Name carries wait, his tape is nothing special. Give me Bryant or Kmet
Old 04-08-2020, 09:25 AM   #165
MTK
\m/

Man the TE panic is real