Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Debating with the enemy


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2024, 10:21 AM   #3331
nonniey
The Starter
 
nonniey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,513
Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

How Biden's regulations are driving up inflation"
https://thehill.com/opinion/4571477-...-up-inflation/

I think this is more of a Dem thing than a Biden thing. Back in 2000 the Clinton administration passed a regulation that required water to have arsenic levels exponentially lower than what occurred naturally. The cost benefit didn't support that regulation (Democrats hate cost benefit studies). Bottolime it ended up costing 100s of millions annually for a benefit that would prevent the death of 6-10 people over 25 years (But what about those people??? Aren't they worth more than money???! Was the rejoinder).
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-03-2024, 03:46 PM   #3332
Giantone
Gamebreaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 13,597
Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
How Biden's regulations are driving up inflation"
https://thehill.com/opinion/4571477-...-up-inflation/

I think this is more of a Dem thing than a Biden thing. Back in 2000 the Clinton administration passed a regulation that required water to have arsenic levels exponentially lower than what occurred naturally. The cost benefit didn't support that regulation (Democrats hate cost benefit studies). Bottolime it ended up costing 100s of millions annually for a benefit that would prevent the death of 6-10 people over 25 years (But what about those people??? Aren't they worth more than money???! Was the rejoinder).
Just want to point out that your link is Opinion and not fact. Pretty much ignores , lack of decent min wage hikes over the last 40 years(not Biden), ignores oil futures and OPEC (not Biden) and ignores the pandemic contribution to inflation. Again not defending Biden just laying out facts that are ignored by many.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 04:50 PM   #3333
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 52
Posts: 23,042
The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

All solid points G-1. Especially about the pandemic. I think alot of anti Biden people flat out refuse to understand how much it had to do with the inflation issues.

Also people need to understand the relationship between the deficit and inflation.

Also, “Inflation is down two-thirds from its peak and annual core inflation is the lowest since May 2021. Wages are rising faster than prices over the last year and since the pandemic.”

Everyone wants to blame Biden, but we have bounced back better than any economy in the world since the pandemic. And we didn’t go off the rails printing money like some other moron with his 7 trillion dollar bullshit bankruptcy loving nonsense. Lol.

Remember that recession that was otw last year? Thanks Joe.

Last edited by punch it in; 04-03-2024 at 05:19 PM.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 07:48 PM   #3334
nonniey
The Starter
 
nonniey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,513
Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Just want to point out that your link is Opinion and not fact. Pretty much ignores , lack of decent min wage hikes over the last 40 years(not Biden), ignores oil futures and OPEC (not Biden) and ignores the pandemic contribution to inflation. Again not defending Biden just laying out facts that are ignored by many.
All those things drive up inflation, but so do unnecessary regulations. Problem we've had since 2009 for new administrations seems to be to completely abandon, reject or out-right undermine all of their predecessors' policies whether they were good, bad, working or not. Bad way of doing things for the country.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 07:55 AM   #3335
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Age: 56
Posts: 21,193
Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

justt asking

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 12:55 PM   #3336
Giantone
Gamebreaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 13,597
Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
All those things drive up inflation, but so do unnecessary regulations. Problem we've had since 2009 for new administrations seems to be to completely abandon, reject or out-right undermine all of their predecessors' policies whether they were good, bad, working or not. Bad way of doing things for the country.
I will disagree with you . Big Companies were running rough shot over the Country. Do you remember Wall Street Crash, ATT before the break up? Just one example. bleeding customers and employees dry. Remember Enron? You say the regulations aren't necessary but give no way of keeping those Companies or Industries in check .You say since 2009 but it's been going on through out the history of this Country, it's what this Country does protect it's Citizens from Private Enterprise that tries to take advantage of the people in it. Do I agree with all of them no but yes they are needed but they aren't the reason for inflation. Shutting Down the Country for two years is a biggest reason and that was on the Republicans and Democrats equally.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 09:52 PM   #3337
Giantone
Gamebreaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 13,597
Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Let's talk about un needed regulations,


https://news.yahoo.com/florida-baffl...215200502.html

USA TODAY
Florida baffles experts by banning local water break rules as deadly heat is on the rise

Sweltering summer heat might have been more bearable for outdoor workers in Miami-Dade County under a proposal that suggested mandated breaks in the shade on the hottest days – but Florida said no.

The county's proposal to establish heat rules for workers has been preempted by a new law: Florida has joined Texas in banning such local rules for outdoor workers. Meanwhile, California, Colorado, Minnesota, Oregon and Washington have passed laws giving more protections to construction workers who work in extreme heat.

Florida's new law has frustrated and angered some experts and advocates for construction workers and farmworkers. As summers get hotter over the years, outdoor workers will need more protections, not fewer, said Luigi Guadarrama, political director of Sierra Club Florida said.





I realize this isn't what you were talking about but it does prove a point.
Nonniey , let me ask you a question, after Enron and Bernie Madoff two things that lost Billions for thousands of people , people went Bankrupt lost their homes . their retirements, don't you think they need to be regulated?


I'm assuming you meaning more alone this line, sad that they are needed.

Federal antitrust laws prevent unfair business practices that reduce competition. The following practices are banned:

Conspiring to fix prices: Competing businesses cannot work together to set prices.

Price discrimination: Businesses cannot charge different prices to different customers for the same product.

Conspiring to allocate markets or customers: Competing businesses cannot agree to split sales areas or customers in an effort to eliminate competition.

Conspiring to or forming a monopoly: Businesses are prohibited from creating a monopoly with the goal of reducing competition.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 12:51 PM   #3338
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hanahan, South Carolina
Age: 40
Posts: 19,406
Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
So the amount that Amon is going to get taxed is now going viral. For years I thought the tax differences between states would effect free agency, but it never really did. Now I think it will be noticed and it is only a matter of time until the NFLs competitiveness is effected. Harris should take that into account and build his stadium in state/City with the lowest income taxes.

https://news.bloombergtax.com/tax-in...-hes-not-alone
Government taking almost half of his money each year, but somehow still 34+ trillion dollars in debt. Fuck our government. A bunch of cunts.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...e908d0d3&ei=95
__________________
Turkish: What's happening with them sausages, Charlie?
Sausage Charlie: Five minutes, Turkish.
Turkish: It was two minutes five minutes ago.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 04:24 PM   #3339
Giantone
Gamebreaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 13,597
Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Government taking almost half of his money each year, but somehow still 34+ trillion dollars in debt. Fuck our government. A bunch of cunts.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...e908d0d3&ei=95
Don't make a blanket statement out of ignorance.


google is your friend.

https://www.fool.com/the-ascent/taxe...tes-pay-taxes/
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 06:48 PM   #3340
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hanahan, South Carolina
Age: 40
Posts: 19,406
Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Don't make a blanket statement out of ignorance.

google is your friend.

https://www.fool.com/the-ascent/taxe...tes-pay-taxes/
This doesn't discount anything my article says. It's absolute bullshit that he has to pay damn near half his salary in taxes.
__________________
Turkish: What's happening with them sausages, Charlie?
Sausage Charlie: Five minutes, Turkish.
Turkish: It was two minutes five minutes ago.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 07:28 PM   #3341
Giantone
Gamebreaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 13,597
Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
This doesn't discount anything my article says. It's absolute bullshit that he has to pay damn near half his salary in taxes.
Point of the artical is all athletes have the same problem, it's the profession they chose. He can always go work at McDonalds in CA and make more money.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 08:57 PM   #3342
nonniey
The Starter
 
nonniey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,513
Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Don't make a blanket statement out of ignorance.


google is your friend.

https://www.fool.com/the-ascent/taxe...tes-pay-taxes/
I don't understand your point. The article you posted doesn't refute what SDskins posted, it actually shows it is even worse.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 05:54 AM   #3343
Giantone
Gamebreaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 13,597
Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
I don't understand your point. The article you posted doesn't refute what SDskins posted, it actually shows it is even worse.
Of course you don't, who said I was refuting any of it? Point is all professional sports people have the same issue. His statement made it seem like one person was being targeted and that's not true. All citizens pay taxes(or should) it's up to them and their advisers on how to keep as much as possible. Yes , it's a down fall of his chosen profession but you don't seem to care if Warren Buffet pays a lot in Taxes

SD,..... "Government taking almost half of his money each year, but somehow still 34+ trillion dollars in debt. Fuck our government. A bunch of cunts."

SD comment, It's arrogant and ignorant.

Please defend him, it's what you do for him and chico.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.

Last edited by Giantone; 05-04-2024 at 08:21 AM.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 09:17 AM   #3344
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hanahan, South Carolina
Age: 40
Posts: 19,406
Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Of course you don't, who said I was refuting any of it? Point is all professional sports people have the same issue. His statement made it seem like one person was being targeted and that's not true. All citizens pay taxes(or should) it's up to them and their advisers on how to keep as much as possible. Yes , it's a down fall of his chosen profession but you don't seem to care if Warren Buffet pays a lot in Taxes

SD,..... "Government taking almost half of his money each year, but somehow still 34+ trillion dollars in debt. Fuck our government. A bunch of cunts."

SD comment, It's arrogant and ignorant.

Please defend him, it's what you do for him and chico.
It's arrogant? WTF are you talking about?

The article was specifically about Amon-Ra St. Brown. So I was talking specifically about him. Not sure how discussing the player actually covered in the article is being ignorant either. And I never said this didn't happen to other players too. But keep just talking out of your ass, per usual.
__________________
Turkish: What's happening with them sausages, Charlie?
Sausage Charlie: Five minutes, Turkish.
Turkish: It was two minutes five minutes ago.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 06:11 PM   #3345
Giantone
Gamebreaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 13,597
Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
It's arrogant? WTF are you talking about?

The article was specifically about Amon-Ra St. Brown. So I was talking specifically about him. Not sure how discussing the player actually covered in the article is being ignorant either. And I never said this didn't happen to other players too. But keep just talking out of your ass, per usual.
Stop, you always make it worse.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Commanders or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.18609 seconds with 10 queries