Ron Rivera

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-10-2022, 10:35 PM   #196
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: Ron Rivera

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
For what? It isn’t like he is ever getting another HC job? He is supposed to be here to bring stability and class and change the culture so taking responsibility would atleast go a long way there.

I honestly look at him and see a confused, distracted, clueless, mess.
Narcissists don't need a good reason to protect themselves. That's what it's all about 24/7.

Whoever is right, we're all still screwed.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-10-2022, 10:38 PM   #197
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Narcissists don't need a good reason to protect themselves. That's what it's all about 24/7.

Whoever is right, we're all still screwed.

We are both right. He is a narcissist and a clueless fucktard.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 10:52 PM   #198
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
We are both right. He is a narcissist and a clueless fucktard.

Nodding head man is always right.
Old 10-10-2022, 11:47 PM   #199
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

TH sucks , stop saying to put him in. Put in Sam Howell instead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-10-2022, 11:49 PM   #200
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post

Agreed, but he is the backup, not Howell.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 02:51 AM   #201
jamf
Pro Bowl

How long till Riverboat Retard trades 2 first round picks for McCaffrey?
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 07:42 AM   #202
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
I was going to post something similar yesterday but I thought it was the tequila talking.
Jay and McVay understood how to call a complete game and how to setup plays.
Turner has no plan. He is picking plays at random and it shows.

I'm going to double down on this and say Rivera with his coaching staff is the worst we've ever had in modern history.

I'd Take Jay and McVay over this bullshit.
I'd also take Zorn and Sherman Smith/Greg Blache over this shitshow.

Rivera Quiet Quit when he got cancer.
I have thought about this for awhile and agree with the Zorn comment. RR has been a head coach for a long time. Zorn was thrust into the roll through no fault of his own and wasn't ready for that roll yet he actually had a season that was better than anything Ron has put together here.

Plus I have seen him driving around Westminster in his old hippie truck with a J behind his ear. my kind of man.
Old 10-11-2022, 09:00 AM   #203
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

The media is calling Ron out big time over the Wentz bashing. They all see now that he's trying to use everyone as scapegoats
Old 10-11-2022, 09:11 AM   #204
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

It is like he is trying to get fired. F it I say if he is miserable make him coach out his contract. Misery loves company and I can outlast his ineptitude.
Old 10-11-2022, 09:18 AM   #205
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post

They absolutely have to play Howell. We are going to have a top 5 pick, and probably a top 3. The top pick is in play. We need to know what we have in Howell. We are going to wind up not knowing if we need to draft a quarterback with our first rounder and it makes no sense. Fire Ron immediately- he is a confused old man yelling at the clouds.
Old 10-11-2022, 09:27 AM   #206
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
They absolutely have to play Howell. We are going to have a top 5 pick, and probably a top 3. The top pick is in play. We need to know what we have in Howell. We are going to wind up not knowing if we need to draft a quarterback with our first rounder and it makes no sense. Fire Ron immediately- he is a confused old man yelling at the clouds.
I disagree - I say let Howell sit this year, bring in a high first rounder next year and promote Howell to primary backup. We're gonna need him anyways for injury purposes.

Howell might have "it" but you aren't gonna find out if a rookie 5th round qb has "it" 5 games into his rookie season. That's a guy that is going to take multiple seasons to learn and develop. And we're wasting his rookie year on a lame duck head coach - best case scenario next year he has to learn another new system.
Old 10-11-2022, 09:56 AM   #207
njant
Special Teams

are we the worse team in the league ? if we have any chance of having a half way decent season we must win thursday night or its over already.R.R hand picked the players and coaches this is all on him simple as that i don,t even know if mayhew could fire him even if he wanted too i believe ron as cart blache over eveyone but snyder, dan won,t fire him he is trying to stat out of spotlight this year and next but after that then i say he would its going to be another long 2 seasons with this shit show
njant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 10:20 AM   #208
HTTR
Impact Rookie

Ron Rivera

[/QUOTE]Howell might have "it" but you aren't gonna find out if a rookie 5th round qb has "it" 5 games into his rookie season. That's a guy that is going to take multiple seasons to learn and develop. And we're wasting his rookie year on a lame duck head coach - best case scenario next year he has to learn another new system.[/QUOTE]

I agree. We have a long history of mishandling young qb’s and other top prospects. Forget this year. We’ve got to try to get back to a player drafting and development process that isn’t driven by desperation and FO/coaching turnover. Plus whatever Wentz’s problems, play-calling, clock mismanagement and piss-poor OL development are reducing his potential effectiveness by at least 20%.

Last edited by HTTR; 10-11-2022 at 10:24 AM. Reason: display Mooby quote
HTTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 11:45 AM   #209
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Ron Rivera

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I disagree - I say let Howell sit this year, bring in a high first rounder next year and promote Howell to primary backup. We're gonna need him anyways for injury purposes.

Howell might have "it" but you aren't gonna find out if a rookie 5th round qb has "it" 5 games into his rookie season. That's a guy that is going to take multiple seasons to learn and develop. And we're wasting his rookie year on a lame duck head coach - best case scenario next year he has to learn another new system.

But….we might see enough in Howell over 12 games to know we do not need to spend a top 3 pick on a quarterback. It isn’t like we couldn’t use that pick on thevo line or secondary.

I just don’t see the point of letting Howell sit? What is he going to do lose? Guess what we do that with or without him. This season isn’t hanging in the balance. It is gone, done, finished as far as the post season is concerned.
Are we going to ruin his psyche? I mean if the plan is draft a quarterback high next year and make Howell a backup then we are sitting our future backup to protect him? That is a luxury most teams don’t worry about even if they can afford to. We can’t afford to. Nor should we worry about it. Best case scenario is play Howell, like what we see, and spend our top pick on protection or a shutdown corner. To know we have the guy, which is possible over 12 games, and spend those picks to solidify our team is the quickest way to fixing this. If we aren’t sure after 12 games then so be it - we take a top qb and see what happens. I do not think itbis crazy to say Howell can be better then TH or CW. I would honestly take serviceable and other pieces around him then what the hell we have now. Let him develop on the field while we build around him like so many other teams do. It would be a breath of fresh air win or lose to see a young quarterback develope with a plan in place to build around him. Keep TH as the backup. But protecting a guy you consider to be a backup is not an option.

Playing a rookie isn’t mishandling him HTTR, trading a young one away instead of paying him or playing him on a broken leg - that is mishandling him. Pats did it, bears did it, steelers are doing it. Lots of other more successful teams do it and have done it - unless Brady, or Rodgers, or Montana are at the helm. We don’t have that problem. Lol
Old 10-11-2022, 11:50 AM   #210
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
But….we might see enough in Howell over 12 games to know we do not need to spend a top 3 pick on a quarterback. It isn’t like we couldn’t use that pick on thevo line or secondary.

I just don’t see the point of letting Howell sit? What is he going to do lose? Guess what we do that with or without him. This season isn’t hanging in the balance. It is gone, done, finished as far as the post season is concerned.
Are we going to ruin his psyche? I mean if the plan is draft a quarterback high next year and make Howell a backup then we are sitting our future backup to protect him? That is a luxury most teams don’t worry about even if they can afford to. We can’t afford to. Nor should we worry about it. Best case scenario is play Howell, like what we see, and spend our top pick on protection or a shutdown corner. To know we have the guy, which is possible over 12 games, and spend those picks to solidify our team is the quickest way to fixing this. If we aren’t sure after 12 games then so be it - we take a top qb and see what happens. But protecting a guy you consider to be a backup is not an option.

Playing a rookie isn’t mishandling him HTTR, trading one away instead of paying him or playing him on a broken leg - that is mishandling him. Pats did it, bears did it, steelers are doing it. Lots of other more successful teams do it and have done it - unless Brady, or Rodgers, or Montana are at the helm. We don’t have that problem. Lol
Ideal situation:

- Howell is a keeper.
- Draft a LT to protect him for the next 5-10 years.
- Let Leno and Cosmi battle it out for RT. Loser starts at one of the G spots and/or becomes the swing tackle.
- Spend all other picks on OL, secondary, LB.