Old 10-11-2022, 11:54 AM   #211
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Ron Rivera

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Ideal situation:

- Howell is a keeper.
- Draft a LT to protect him for the next 5-10 years.
- Let Leno and Cosmi battle it out for RT. Loser starts at one of the G spots and/or becomes the swing tackle.
- Spend all other picks on OL, secondary, LB.

Yup. Only one way to find out without possibly wasting a pick. You dont plan around a future backup though. We dont have the time for such lunacy. Lol

PS how could i forget lb. Lb, secondary, oline - draft draft fa fa and draft and fa again for those areas. Pray im the meantime Howell is good enough to be thrown into the fire. SF I believe said he things the guy has that kind of moxie. We need to find out.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-11-2022, 11:55 AM   #212
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: Ron Rivera

Howell is a 5th rounder who looked decent in pre season.

Most 5th rounders look decent in the pre season going against soon-to-be grocery store employees and vanilla defenses.

Wentz will be injured soon enough and Heinike will come in, give us a spark for a few games. Maybe Howell comes in last few weeks .. after hes had a few weeks prepping as the no. 2.

Howell talk 5 games in is unrealistic imo.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 11:55 AM   #213
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njant View Post
are we the worse team in the league ? if we have any chance of having a half way decent season we must win thursday night or its over already.R.R hand picked the players and coaches this is all on him simple as that i don,t even know if mayhew could fire him even if he wanted too i believe ron as cart blache over eveyone but snyder, dan won,t fire him he is trying to stat out of spotlight this year and next but after that then i say he would its going to be another long 2 seasons with this shit show

I think it’s between us and the Raiders. But at least none of our players have pushed down a camera man yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 11:58 AM   #214
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Ron Rivera

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Howell is a 5th rounder who looked decent in pre season.

Most 5th rounders look decent in the pre season going against soon-to-be grocery store employees and vanilla defenses.

Wentz will be injured soon enough and Heinike will come in, give us a spark for a few games. Maybe Howell comes in last few weeks .. after hes had a few weeks prepping as the no. 2.

Howell talk 5 games in is unrealistic imo.

Happens all the time though.
Bailey Zappe looks ok. There are a long listvof guys drafted after the third round that have started their rookie seasons. Many have found success.
Old 10-11-2022, 11:58 AM   #215
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Howell isn't going to make the OL better. No point in putting him in until Cosmi, Larsen and Schweitzer are all back and you have benched Norwell.
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 11:59 AM   #216
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
Howell isn't going to make the OL better. No point in putting him in until Cosmi, Larsen and Schweitzer are all back and you have benched Norwell.

He is much more mobile then wentz and probably doesn’t hold the ball for 7 seconds. He will make it better. Optical illusion or not. Lol
Old 10-11-2022, 12:25 PM   #217
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Bailey Zappe looks ok. There are a long listvof guys drafted after the third round that have started their rookie seasons. Many have found success.
I have to disagree about Zappe. He looks like a late round pick that is going to manage a game and throw on third and long or on prescribed short routes. There is nothing wrong with that Bill is a great coach and will maximize that to its highest potential.

If we had a Bill coach I would, without equivocations, want Howell to start because from what I have seen of him he can do what Zappe is doing but I wouldn't trust him with much else.

I am torn about starting him. Regardless of how he performs I still think we take a QB with the one, but I think starting him buys more time for Ron. The people that would fire him are dumb enough to buy the excuses he will create by starting him. The flip side is you have to see what he can do against defensive players that are currently not working at Del taco or the Apple genius bar so hee needs to play in a regular season game.
Old 10-11-2022, 12:42 PM   #218
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

I'm not going to lose my mind over Howell not starting. But at the pace we're going, I just don't see any reason not to start him for at least half the season. Let the kid play and see what we have. I think he is going to be good. I would hate to not play him all season, then draft another QB, who might not work out, while the whole time sitting on someone that could have been a solid starter for us.

I'm not as high on the QBs in this draft as most seem to be (not necessarily here, just what I've heard in general). I like Stroud, but for whatever reason, OSU QB's just don't pan out in the NFL. So I'd be extremely nervous about picking him even though I think he's a really good QB.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 01:39 PM   #219
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Ron Rivera says he caused a distraction and has talked with Carson Wentz - "I told the guys that I should know better. Shit, I had a bad day."

Haha he's backtracking because he got lit up by the media.
Old 10-11-2022, 05:17 PM   #220
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I have to disagree about Zappe. He looks like a late round pick that is going to manage a game and throw on third and long or on prescribed short routes. There is nothing wrong with that Bill is a great coach and will maximize that to its highest potential.

If we had a Bill coach I would, without equivocations, want Howell to start because from what I have seen of him he can do what Zappe is doing but I wouldn't trust him with much else.

I am torn about starting him. Regardless of how he performs I still think we take a QB with the one, but I think starting him buys more time for Ron. The people that would fire him are dumb enough to buy the excuses he will create by starting him. The flip side is you have to see what he can do against defensive players that are currently not working at Del taco or the Apple genius bar so hee needs to play in a regular season game.

Point taken about our staff. We would fuck up Josh Allen, that being said Ron is a dead man walking. Leaving him out of the equation I need to see what we got with Howell. Zappe was just an example of a late round pick playing his rookie season. Like I said there are others. Hopefully Ron is thinking about the team and its future, like an adult, and not about buying himself time. Even if he is Wentz aint cutting it and Taylor is who Taylor is. You plug Howell in - an RR draftpick - and he plays well - well then you have bought yourself some time …. Maybe.
I would hate to take a qb with the one and find out Howell is a gamer. Best case scenario Howell is the guy and we take lb, lt, or cb with the 1. If there was ever a time to find out it is this season- not only do we stink but the usual hope we win a weak division isn’t an option. This season is over. Play the kid.
Old 10-11-2022, 08:36 PM   #221
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Such as?
Old 10-11-2022, 09:57 PM   #222
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Such as?
There is ah , then also you know and oh oh don’t forget about that other guy. I could go on all day.
Old 10-11-2022, 10:52 PM   #223
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Ron Rivera

Quote:
Such as?

SS said Howell talk five games in is unrealistic. I said it happens all the time, meaning later round picks see starting action at some point in their rookie season- not that they start the season as the 1.

Also when I said “many have found success” i meant that they weren’t ruined by being thrown into the fire - found success eventually not necessarily immediately.

Bad wording on my part.

Last edited by punch it in; 10-11-2022 at 11:17 PM.
Old 10-11-2022, 11:20 PM   #224
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Such as?
Dak Prescott and that's where that ends.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 02:02 AM   #225
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Such as?
Gus Frerotte!
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote