Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum


Trade deadline approaching...

Locker Room Main Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2023, 09:49 PM   #76
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 14,258
Re: Trade deadline approaching...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
No team is going to give up a good starting LT for a DE.
This.


No way, no how. It would have to be a stud DE to make that happen.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-28-2023, 09:53 PM   #77
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 14,258
Re: Trade deadline approaching...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Since DE’s don’t grow on trees, I would sign both, trade Payne next year for a high 1st, draft OL, MLB and another DT.
ROFL. This ain't fucking Madden.

You wouldn't even net a 2nd rounder for Payne, especially with that contract he has. LOL@ remotely thinking of a first. Some of you guys live in fantasy land. Payne was never worth that contract to begin with, as I mentioned before.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 10:31 PM   #78
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 15,164
Re: Trade deadline approaching...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
ROFL. This ain't fucking Madden.

You wouldn't even net a 2nd rounder for Payne, especially with that contract he has. LOL@ remotely thinking of a first. Some of you guys live in fantasy land. Payne was never worth that contract to begin with, as I mentioned before.
Let me guess you probably think Javon Hargrave is a better player than Payne. Hargrave was the most coveted FA this offseason and got a similar
Contract to Payne’s (6 mil less). Their stats are pretty similar and Payne is younger than Hargrave. I agree, no one is worth that much, it takes one idiot owner to set the market. And yes Indy gave a 1st rounder for Buckner and Payne is on par or better.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 01:20 AM   #79
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 14,258
Re: Trade deadline approaching...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Let me guess you probably think Javon Hargrave is a better player than Payne. Hargrave was the most coveted FA this offseason and got a similar
Contract to Payne’s (6 mil less). Their stats are pretty similar and Payne is younger than Hargrave. I agree, no one is worth that much, it takes one idiot owner to set the market. And yes Indy gave a 1st rounder for Buckner and Payne is on par or better.
I guess it's always possible that some moron would give up a 1st for Payne. I mean look what the Broncos gave up for Russ or what Browns gave up for Watson. Sure, you might get some dumbasses out there that would do it, but for the most part it's not going to happen. I agree with you that all it takes is one idiot owner to set the market.

That said, no, there isn't a comparison between Buckner and Payne. Payne has totaled 26 sacks in his first 5 years in the league. Buckner had a total of 38. Yeah, the two aren't close IMO. Payne had ONE fantastic year and the rest were pretty meh if that. Sure he's been a good run stopper but didn't generate enough pressure up the middle IMO. Buckner was also 1st team all-pro in 2020.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 05:02 PM   #80
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 52
Posts: 23,039
Re: Trade deadline approaching...

Sell. Sell. Sell. Lets build draft capital. Gibson, Samuel and Fuller on their last years. Trade em all. Trade Sweat or Young. Certainly not for a third like the Falcons offered for Sweat. Trade em but do not get fleeced.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 05:22 PM   #81
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: UNITED STATES
Age: 37
Posts: 35,999
Re: Trade deadline approaching...

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Sell. Sell. Sell. Lets build draft capital. Gibson, Samuel and Fuller on their last years. Trade em all. Trade Sweat or Young. Certainly not for a third like the Falcons offered for Sweat. Trade em but do not get fleeced.

If put everyone on the block. Why not?

This year is over and the more we lose the better


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
“Mediocre people don’t like high achievers, and high achievers don’t like mediocre people.”
― Nick Saban
skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 05:23 PM   #82
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 33,935
Re: Trade deadline approaching...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
If put everyone on the block. Why not?

This year is over and the more we lose the better


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree
__________________
My pronouns: King/Your ruler

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 05:26 PM   #83
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 52
Posts: 23,039
Re: Trade deadline approaching...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
If put everyone on the block. Why not?

This year is over and the more we lose the better


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would too, but Im not trading anyone for less than they are worth. That is a bad formula.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 05:30 PM   #84
PorkSkins
Playmaker
 
PorkSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,982
Re: Trade deadline approaching...

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I would too, but Im not trading anyone for less than they are worth. That is a bad formula.
+1000
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 05:53 PM   #85
That Guy
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: VA
Age: 41
Posts: 17,504
Re: Trade deadline approaching...

there has to be a buyer - who's giving us anything of value for gibson? I'd be surprised if we see much movement. Anyone we get rid of has to be replaced with (ideally) equivalent talent (and there's a cost to that). DL is a bit overbooked, so if there's someone they don't plan to sign long-term, maybe there's a trade there. outside of that, I don't really see it.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 06:12 PM   #86
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 52
Posts: 23,039
Re: Trade deadline approaching...

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
there has to be a buyer - who's giving us anything of value for gibson? I'd be surprised if we see much movement. Anyone we get rid of has to be replaced with (ideally) equivalent talent (and there's a cost to that). DL is a bit overbooked, so if there's someone they don't plan to sign long-term, maybe there's a trade there. outside of that, I don't really see it.

Plenty of teams who could use depth at rb and he can return kicks. Id take a fourth for AG.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 06:22 PM   #87
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 14,258
Re: Trade deadline approaching...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
If put everyone on the block. Why not?

This year is over and the more we lose the better


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would. The only people I would keep would be Dotson/Terry/Howell/Allen......the rest would be expendable.


If the next GM were smart, he'd do what the Cowboys did a decade ago. Draft OL in the first round three years in a row. It went on to solidify that line for over a decade, and make bums like Dak look good. The game is won on the front. Until a GM gets that, we'll never be worth a shit. If you're drafting RBs in the first round, you've already lost.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 06:30 PM   #88
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 52
Posts: 23,039
Trade deadline approaching...

Edit:

Wrong thread
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 07:06 PM   #89
skinsfan69
Living Legend
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 17,138
Re: Trade deadline approaching...

Chase most certainly should be on the trading block.
Not giving him a new deal or franchising him. He reminds me of Orakpo. Plays well against bums but against the best guys he is a no show.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 07:07 PM   #90
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: UNITED STATES
Age: 37
Posts: 35,999
Re: Trade deadline approaching...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I would. The only people I would keep would be Dotson/Terry/Howell/Allen......the rest would be expendable.


If the next GM were smart, he'd do what the Cowboys did a decade ago. Draft OL in the first round three years in a row. It went on to solidify that line for over a decade, and make bums like Dak look good. The game is won on the front. Until a GM gets that, we'll never be worth a shit. If you're drafting RBs in the first round, you've already lost.

I’d put Terry , Allen and Dotson in there too.

All 3 are good but not franchise type players. None of those 3 are All pro. Allen maybe on his best season.

KC needs a WR BAD too… I’d definitely call and offer one for a 2nd


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
“Mediocre people don’t like high achievers, and high achievers don’t like mediocre people.”
― Nick Saban
skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Commanders or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.19700 seconds with 10 queries