Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins 2018 O/S needs post Alex Smith Trade.

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-01-2018, 01:33 PM   #31
Schneed10
A Dude

Re: Redskins 2018 O/S needs post Alex Smith Trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982 View Post
I have been focused on moving forward as well. This is what I got so far...

Absolute Resign: Zach Brown, Ryan Grant, and Dustin Hopkins.

Possibly resign:

Trent Murphy- I like him as a DE OLB hybrid. My concern is that his breakout year was a drug-induced fluke.

Phil Taylor- Depth at NT

Junior Gallette- He was knocking the rust off as the season continued. I understand the logjam leading to his departure.

Niles Paul- Core Skin and special teams Ace.

Terrelle Pryor?- I think Cousin's playstyle lead to his regression. Pryor is a possession receiver.

Free Agents Targets:

Kyle Fuller- Replace one Fuller with another. Kyle is coming back from injury but I believe he is an upgrade over Breeland.

Andrew Norwell- He is my top free agent target. Norwell is an all-pro left guard that would upgrade the overall line. Give this man the Josh Norman treatment and get him signed.

Jimmy Graham- This is my wildcard, I know no one will agree with this. IMO, we should trade Jordan Reed. His health issues over the last few years make him a financial liability. The Graham-Smith connection would kill day 1.

Draft- This is where I see the most flexibility for us as a team here is my mock (Not full).

Round1: Trade down, pick up a 3rd rounder. Draft Payne or Veta
Round2: Ronald Jones II, Rashaad Penny or Nick Chub
Round3: Dante Pettis WR Washington
Round4: KYLE LAULETTA QB Richmond
Round5: Da'Shawn Hand DE Alabama ( I know a reach)
Spiders baby

Advertisements
Old 02-01-2018, 01:46 PM   #32
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Gross
He has the hunger to prove everyone wrong, kinda like A.S. Guys we could use on this team. Plus it would be fun hearing about him and Josh's battles
Old 02-01-2018, 01:58 PM   #33
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I'd take that for sure.

Also would you guys consider Dez Bryant on a low cost deal?? I would for a prove it year
No effing way. He’s past his prime and is too valuable being on the sidelines causing disruptions within his current team. He simply isnt that good

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 02:00 PM   #34
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
No effing way. He’s past his prime and is too valuable being on the sidelines causing disruptions within his current team. He simply isnt that good
Is he not that good or was it Dak? Seems to me he was balling with Romo just 2 seasons ago, he needs a QB that has the accuracy to get him the ball. I wouldn't say he's done just yet, and hes a damn good RZ target
Old 02-01-2018, 02:08 PM   #35
jamf
Pro Bowl

The biggest need is for the front office to understand that we aren't going to win the division. The Eagles have turned the corner on us and we won't catch them till we put a complete team together. Our best shot is to backdoor the wild card with maybe a 9 or 10 win season at best.

Knowing this, we need to plan to add a franchise QB to the roster. If you don't like the guys available this year then maybe wait till next year but this has to be top priority right now so hopefully we can run Alex Smith out of town like all his teams have done to him because our future is limited with him.

Second biggest need is athleticism.
The team is slow and it shows.
Vernon Davis can't be our stretch the field guy again.
our 4, 5, and 6 WR need to contribute on special teams.
We can't go another year wasting valuable touches (Punt and Kick returns) on Crowder and any bum that is willing to return kicks. We need to address this. It's not like Mike Quick did anything. We need to replace him with a speed burner who can return kickoffs ( Rashad Ross Type).

Last thing, The team needs to stop wasting second round picks and draft someone who can contribute right away.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 02:15 PM   #36
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
The biggest need is for the front office to understand that we aren't going to win the division. The Eagles have turned the corner on us and we won't catch them till we put a complete team together. Our best shot is to backdoor the wild card with maybe a 9 or 10 win season at best.

Knowing this, we need to plan to add a franchise QB to the roster. If you don't like the guys available this year then maybe wait till next year but this has to be top priority right now so hopefully we can run Alex Smith out of town like all his teams have done to him because our future is limited with him.

Second biggest need is athleticism.
The team is slow and it shows.
Vernon Davis can't be our stretch the field guy again.
our 4, 5, and 6 WR need to contribute on special teams.
We can't go another year wasting valuable touches (Punt and Kick returns) on Crowder and any bum that is willing to return kicks. We need to address this. It's not like Mike Quick did anything. We need to replace him with a speed burner who can return kickoffs ( Rashad Ross Type).

Last thing, The team needs to stop wasting second round picks and draft someone who can contribute right away.

There wont be another team for 11 this is his last team, I think it will also be his most successful too, that being said yes we need to draft a QB but not this yr UNLESS you absolutely have the guy u want to take over in 3 years at #13, even then we need so much right now that I would pass on that. There will be FA's out there that can help this team win now, and as far as division goes, man that is a crapshoot..

Look at the last 6-8 years in the EAST, every team has won the division a couple times, injuries and losing guys in FA make huge impacts.. Dallas is better than us Today but wait until the season starts, same with the eagles.

Don't even count out the Gmen just yet either.
Old 02-01-2018, 02:45 PM   #37
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

I’d take Dez just to watch him stick it to the Boyz twice a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 04:10 PM   #38
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Chiefs better hope Mahomes is ready or Reid getting more flack.

@ Alex Smith

sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 04:23 PM   #39
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Ok now that it's been a couple days and we all now understand Alex is the guy to build around for the next 3 years lets look at possibilities via FA and the Draft to help the guy win games like he did in KC/SF.

What are your thoughts on talent to surround him with?

I don't expect a huge FA period for the skins but I can see a couple guys signed.

1. He needs someone else to throw the ball to, Doctson is not a number 1 WR just yet so lets look at guys that we could bring in.

SAMMY WATKINS

RZ threat and good pos wr, had 8 TDS this yr in LA, I doubt he would want to leave the Rams but if they choose to look away he would be a solid cheaper pick up.

ERIC DECKER

Another solid pos guy that we really need over the middle of the field, yeah he's probably not a popular option but he could also be cheap and productive in Jays system.

Finally

JARVIS LANDRY

He would be the big splash guy but IMO he is nothing more than a great slot WR, we already have Crowder who isn't as good but is still young and productive every yr.

I would add RB's but honestly its L Bell or nobody with the group that is available.

Defense I think we can address via the draft, unless we can somehow pry D Lawrence away from Dallas (not happening).

What do you guys think needs to be done now the QB situation is finalized?

I don't see how you can say he is just a great slot WR, he can do more than that, to me he plays like Garcon, tough over the middle deceptive speed, and he can return punts without fumbling (2015 opener he scored on one against us)

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 04:26 PM   #40
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
I don't see how you can say he is just a great slot WR, he can do more than that, to me he plays like Garcon, tough over the middle deceptive speed, and he can return punts without fumbling (2015 opener he scored on one against us)
But mostly he's in the slot catching it over the middle, all things u said are true but Crowder is a top 10 slot wr. If Jarvis would come and be the 1 that would be a different story
Old 02-01-2018, 04:57 PM   #41
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
But mostly he's in the slot catching it over the middle, all things u said are true but Crowder is a top 10 slot wr. If Jarvis would come and be the 1 that would be a different story
That is what Miami asked him to do, top 10 slot WR is being nice with Crowder as there aren't that many slots to begin with but anyone giving you 100 catches consistently is a good to great WR and he is young no doubt in my mind he can be a #1, people were skeptical about Garcon being a #1 also

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 09:24 PM   #42
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Dont matter to me who comes from fa or draft but we need,....
RB
Big ole run stuffer
WR
CB
OG
CB
Probably TE
In that order.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 02:18 PM   #43
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

After analyzing last years performance in Seattle, I believe we should pursue Sheldon Richardson as a 3 technique starter and rotational player.

During this past season, the problem was that we had one true playmaker on the DLine ( Jonathan Allen), when he went down, it completely changed the defense. Having an elite playmaker, like Richardson and drafting a player like Da'Ron Payne to play the NT would greatly strengthen the defense and ease the pressure on the secondary.
Old 02-02-2018, 02:51 PM   #44
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

In the mock drafts ive seen and did myself on fanspeak, all the running backs I would want are gone by round 4. Need to draft a stud in the 1st 2 rounds.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 03:15 PM   #45
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
In the mock drafts ive seen and did myself on fanspeak, all the running backs I would want are gone by round 4. Need to draft a stud in the 1st 2 rounds.
I would make a run at signing RB Carlos Hyde in FA. He could be the feature back here, IMHO. At 6'0" and 235 pounds, he should hold up. I might even try to sign Chris Ivory if I couldn't get Hyde's signature (The Jags are expected to release Ivory).
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote