Government shutdown 2018

Debating with the enemy

Old 01-22-2018, 12:51 AM   #16
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: Government shutdown 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I do not disagree with you but if I remember correctly in 2013 Obama excluded the Military from the shut down,they got paid.

And police officers if im not mistaken. He passed a bill making sure they were paid on time through out the shutdown. That bill expired and it would have been really easy for trump and the republican clown show to pass it again but you know....nothing is easy for trump and the republicans these days. Even with total control of Washington DC. Amazing.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-22-2018, 12:53 AM   #17
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
That sucks Matty, for yours and other gov't workers sake I hope they get it running back up soon. Meanwhile, I'm trying to look at the positives, like the fact Trump is single-handedly saving taxpayers ~roughly~ 3.6 mil by not going to Mar-A-Lago this weekend. That's one victory I'm willing to give Trump all the credit for.

He must be so pent up. A full week in Washington and not a single tweet lately....poor baby. Get him a happy meal stat!
Old 01-22-2018, 08:58 AM   #18
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Trump rejected two bipartisan spending bills from congress. This could've been avoided if he signed either of them.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 09:43 AM   #19
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Good thing 2013 Schumer thinks that the Dems are being irresponsible:

To balance G1's Shepard Smith, On shutdown, Democrats have a lot of explaining to do (Opinion) - CNN

Schumer is going to lose this one, and it will be remembered as the first of many times Dem's broke ranks with an out of control leadership.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 09:47 AM   #20
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Trump rejected two bipartisan spending bills from congress. This could've been avoided if he signed either of them.
um, no.

No bill has gone to Trump's desk for his signature over this. Best as we know there have only been vague outlines of border security, and Dem's have gone back on their word about border security repeatedly.

This shutdown is squarely on the progressive leadership of the Democrats who are willing to hold up regular spending over a fake deadline for DACA.
Old 01-22-2018, 09:54 AM   #21
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
um, no.

No bill has gone to Trump's desk for his signature over this. Best as we know there have only been vague outlines of border security, and Dem's have gone back on their word about border security repeatedly.

This shutdown is squarely on the progressive leadership of the Democrats who are willing to hold up regular spending over a fake deadline for DACA.
Do you remember the shithole comment? That came about when Senator leaders proposed a bipartisan spending bill to Trump and he flat out rejected it.
Old 01-22-2018, 10:15 AM   #22
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Do you remember the shithole comment? That came about when Senator leaders proposed a bipartisan spending bill to Trump and he flat out rejected it.
That's not a bill on his desk to sign, that was negotiations and it was by some reports a lopsided giveaway, no border security and everything DACA.

RIGHT NOW there is a bill on the Senate floor that passed a majority vote, including 5 Democrats, and the House, and Trump has said he will sign it. But Schumer will not allow a procedural vote to occur. That is what caused this shutdown. Yesterday at 9pm, McConnell asked that Schumer remove his objection and let the vote take place, and the bill would certainly have passed, but Schumer upheld his objection, thus keeping the shutdown in place.
Old 01-22-2018, 10:31 AM   #23
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

This shutdown ruined my week, no Drill pay and I was going to be heading to training.. Not happening now
Old 01-22-2018, 10:33 AM   #24
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

You won't get any arguments from me on Schumer. It is the democrats m.o. to ask for very little and expect even less could they have gotten this in writing on Dec 21st? Absolutely.
However I don't see how it was a lopsided give away if republican congressional leadership was on board with a bipartisan proposal. I do not think it is too much to ask to have a set deadline of when to deal with DACA in writing. The republicans keep kicking the can down the road but refuse to say when and the democrats are too big of wimps to put there foot down until it is the wrong time.
Old 01-22-2018, 10:37 AM   #25
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Government shutdown 2018

Quote:
um, no.

Best as “we” as “we who watch Fox”. Lol. The only thing Trump wants is billions for a fake see through wall that will accomplish nothing because it is not the middle ages. And HE is willing to ruin millions of lives just so he can tweet to his base that he keeps his promises. Come on man.
There us no reason to draft a bill and put it on the fools desk if he is clear that it is not what he wants in preliminary discussions.
Trump has said in the past that the buck stops with the President when it comes to shutdowns. And he has a majority! First time ever that a potus who controls all three branches has the government shutdown. And more than one republican or Democrat has said that they aren’t even sure what he wants. Captain chaos is 100% responsible.
Old 01-22-2018, 10:45 AM   #26
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

The fact is the fact. There is a bill that had a majority vote pass in the Senate including senate democrats, that both the house of representatives and Trump will sign. The person holding that bill up, is Schumer. Not because of anything in the bill, but because he wants to try and embarrass Trump.

The mutual animosity between those two is well documented, and Schumer thought he could use the military and children as hostages to his tantrum. I am sure he expected Trump to stick his foot in his mouth, and then would move on, but so far Trump has not bit. To say the least, I'm a bit shocked that there wasn't a torrent of tweets this morning.
Old 01-22-2018, 10:52 AM   #27
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
The fact is the fact. There is a bill that had a majority vote pass in the Senate including senate democrats, that both the house of representatives and Trump will sign. The person holding that bill up, is Schumer. Not because of anything in the bill, but because he wants to try and embarrass Trump.

The mutual animosity between those two is well documented, and Schumer thought he could use the military and children as hostages to his tantrum. I am sure he expected Trump to stick his foot in his mouth, and then would move on, but so far Trump has not bit. To say the least, I'm a bit shocked that there wasn't a torrent of tweets this morning.

Wow. The only one using the military or children as bargaining chips is Trump. And he could have made sure that the military was paid if he had reintroduced the same bill that Obama passed to protect the military. But trump would never do that because his only goal is to erase obamas footprints. It is not Schumer who is trying to embarrass anyone or hold anything up. It is clearly Trump. There are several Republicans who voted against the bill. You got the facts sort of right and the players backwards. Lol
Old 01-22-2018, 10:57 AM   #28
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Wow. The only one using the military or children as bargaining chips is Trump. And he could have made sure that the military was paid if he had reintroduced the same bill that Obama passed to protect the military. But trump would never do that because his only goal is to erase obamas footprints. It is not Schumer who is trying to embarrass anyone or hold anything up. It is clearly Trump. There are several Republicans who voted against the bill. You got the facts sort of right and the players backwards. Lol
Fact: there is a bill that is supported by the majority of the Senate
Fact: Flake who voted against one has said he now supports it,
opinion: I am guessing all the republicans will at 12pm. That means it needs 5 additional democrats to pass a bill to open the government
Fact: The President will sign that bill
Fact: Schumer is the one who has put a procedural roadblock in place on a non-related issue SOMETHING HE CALLED IDIOCY IN 2013.

My facts are right, my players are in the right order.
Old 01-22-2018, 11:13 AM   #29
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I can't believe I will defend trump on this one, that bill or one of them was for FOUR days,I mean really?
Old 01-22-2018, 11:15 AM   #30
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Fact: there is a bill that is supported by the majority of the Senate

Fact: Flake who voted against one has said he now supports it,

opinion: I am guessing all the republicans will at 12pm. That means it needs 5 additional democrats to pass a bill to open the government

Fact: The President will sign that bill

Fact: Schumer is the one who has put a procedural roadblock in place on a non-related issue SOMETHING HE CALLED IDIOCY IN 2013.

My facts are right, my players are in the right order.

Fact: the President would have already signed a bill if kelley and miller weren’t such hardliners who stopped him after he met with Schumer.
Fact: if the President hadnt started insulting black continents this could have been avoided several days ago - but instead that meeting went straight down the “shithole”.
Fact: there has never been a lack of trust like this in Washington DC before and that is because there is a compulsive liar, and career con artist in the Oval Office.
Fact: if the republicans would address DACA instead of offering an IOU on the issue the bill could be passed.
Fact : Trump has absolutely no idea what the hell is going on and therefore all the republicans and democrats are at a stalemate. He had absolutely zero leadership skills. He just tweets divisive lies and blames others. This all after he berated Obama in 2013 and said the buck stops with him!