Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Board Management > Playbook

New Thread?

Playbook

Old 02-09-2008, 03:35 AM   #1
flashalexb
Camp Scrub

New Thread?

No, I am not sorry about posting this, but if one feels that it is important to start a new thread about something and someone else feels it is not, then let it be. It's not like there is a ton of spam on this site and for the most part, people who post have a legit reason. It's a blog for Christ-sake, read what you want and not what you dislike. For example, if someone wants some advice on what other people think about another player becoming a redskin, let it be. Isn't this the place for it to be asked? Or is he/she supposed to keep it to their self. The whole idea about a site like this is input from others. I don't know, maybe it is just me, but I am just as tired as seeing posts from these 1000+ posters when in return all they say is BS things like "please delete" "I agree" or "lock it mods". That's is all crap, unless you have something to contribute to this site, don't say anything at all and save me sometime on scrolling down. (Go ahead and ban me, if you feel this is inappropriate!)
flashalexb is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-09-2008, 03:39 AM   #2
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Re: New Thread?

Lock it mods

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 03:47 AM   #3
Hijinx
The Starter

I believe it is a matter of clutter there are only so many posts that can stay on each page and the more dumb ass threads,(like this one) that get started the more that interesting things get pushed out of the way. I have seen a lot of forums for many different things and this is one of the most organized. And its not like this by accident. It takes a lot of work by the mods.

One of the reason I have came here is to easily find info I want about my team. I can do this because the site is "mostly" clutter free. Until some fool posts some crazy crap, like how we should trade Brandon Lloyd and 2 bits of string for Chad Johnson.
Hijinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 04:11 AM   #4
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Lock it mods
...................word.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 04:57 AM   #5
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Dude seriously, comments like this belong in the middle of the "thread probation" thread to begin with. If you really feel this strong about your statement then you're free to leave at any time. I understand that ES's is a lot more leinant when it comes to posting threads. As for me I've had enough of people that start new threads off of comments that belong in existing threads and on top of the a lot of other uneccesary threads that have been posted lately. All you have to do is look around and you'll find threads like "the real reason the patriots lost", "Now for something different", and "the reason the Giants won". And beyond that is an endless sea of 'Gibb's 2.0 sucks', 'bring back Ramsey/Lavar', and my personal favorite 'I'm drunk- the Redskins lost- so heres my chance to bitch about it' threads.

I mean how stupid would it be for me to take this post and use it to start another thread? The mods have their reasons, and personally on this issue I've sided with them. If anything a lot of them have been a little to leinant when it comes to that issue, but ironically thats part of what I think makes this site great.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 05:47 AM   #6
sancho2613
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashalexb View Post
No, I am not sorry about posting this, but if one feels that it is important to start a new thread about something and someone else feels it is not, then let it be. It's not like there is a ton of spam on this site and for the most part, people who post have a legit reason. It's a blog for Christ-sake, read what you want and not what you dislike. For example, if someone wants some advice on what other people think about another player becoming a redskin, let it be. Isn't this the place for it to be asked? Or is he/she supposed to keep it to their self. The whole idea about a site like this is input from others. I don't know, maybe it is just me, but I am just as tired as seeing posts from these 1000+ posters when in return all they say is BS things like "please delete" "I agree" or "lock it mods". That's is all crap, unless you have something to contribute to this site, don't say anything at all and save me sometime on scrolling down. (Go ahead and ban me, if you feel this is inappropriate!)
you're not going to get good reputation points for this
Old 02-09-2008, 07:52 AM   #7
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

This is just another example of how the internet removes common sense and common courtesy. "Because I feel like posting, no one should object to my posting."

One, this is not a blog, it's website for the exchange of ideas about a certain topic. If you wish to post, then show courtesy to others with your posting and thread starters.

Two, again - not a blog, it's website with rules about posting and run by a small group of people. These people are actually quite fair minded and open to intelligent debate. Of course, they also expect people to treat the site and fellow posters with respect.

Three, once again - not a blog, you want to spout off about the Skins, feel free to start your own blog about it. There your stream of conscience thoughts can, in fact, be spewed to your heart's content. Here, however, you are part of a semi-public debate and, just like in any public or semi-public setting your speech is, can be and should be regulated and, out of courtesy to others, should be governed by some type of self-restraint.

Sorry, but just 'cause you think it, doesn't mean you should say it.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:13 AM   #8
rypper11
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
One of the reason I have came here is to easily find info I want about my team. I can do this because the site is "mostly" clutter free. Until some fool posts some crazy crap, like how we should trade Brandon Lloyd and 2 bits of string for Chad Johnson.
I'd be for it at vet minimum.
Seriously though, the mods do a great job and it is not an easy one. On one hand you have to allow a free exchange of thoughts but on the other some thoughts are pretty shallow and ineffective.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:20 AM   #9
PFunk26
Special Teams

to go with JoeRedskins thought, to be honest we don't run the site the mods do, they spend the time keeping it up improving it and making it great, so if they want it run a certain way then thats the way it should be run, they don't have to spend there time making a place for us to say our opinions but they do, I know if I spent the time to make a website and it wasn't going how I wanted I'd be pretty motivated to quit. And comments like those above really have no grounds since as posters (unless we've donated) really haven't put any of our valuable time or money into it to say what should and shouldn't be allowed. my .02
Old 02-09-2008, 09:14 AM   #10
Monksdown
The Starter

I appreciate their work. And more so, i appreciate that they havent locked this thread yet. Let your voice be heard my friend, right or wrong. ( i don't agree with you, but i should have to listen)
Monksdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 09:24 AM   #11
dmek25
MVP

to a point, i kind of agree. there are certain people around here that will jump all over posters, if its about something they care less about. but we do need to use common sense
Old 02-09-2008, 09:38 AM   #12
MTK
\m/

Sorry, our rules, play by them or go somewhere else.

We're not trying to bust balls, we're just trying to keep things under control.