Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

Uswnt..........

Other Sports

Old 07-04-2019, 05:23 AM   #1
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Uswnt

One more game to go...........

Not real happy with the Capt and her mouth but I love the team and the way the're playing right now. The match against the Netherlands should be a good one.

Advertisements
Old 07-04-2019, 08:14 AM   #2
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Re: Uswnt..........

Definitely sick and tired of every athlete thinking they need to spew their political views. The rampant liberalism in the NBA is kind of baffling when you realize a lot of leading Democrats want to snag 70% of their paycheck and that doesn't count state and local taxes. I have a feeling most athletes don't even know politics as well as the average Joe. Also what the hell is up with the acronym USWNT, why does everything have to have an abbreviation these days? It is amazing how our women's team dominates and our men can't even qualify for the World Cup.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 09:22 AM   #3
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Definitely sick and tired of every athlete thinking they need to spew their political views. The rampant liberalism in the NBA is kind of baffling when you realize a lot of leading Democrats want to snag 70% of their paycheck and that doesn't count state and local taxes. I have a feeling most athletes don't even know politics as well as the average Joe. Also what the hell is up with the acronym USWNT, why does everything have to have an abbreviation these days? It is amazing how our women's team dominates and our men can't even qualify for the World Cup.
I agree, I know I'm old put I remember when Sports was all about Sports!
Old 07-04-2019, 09:32 AM   #4
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I agree, I know I'm old put I remember when Sports was all about Sports!
You want politics with your sports try ESPN radio. I used to like to listen to it at work, but can't stand it anymore. Bomani Jones and Dan Lebatard can't go 5 minutes without spewing their leftist views. Lebatard always calls the Redskins the Washington racial slurs.

I remember a couple seasons ago they were interviewing the president of ODU before a football game, he went on for 5 minutes about global warming and never mentioned any sports.
Old 07-04-2019, 11:31 AM   #5
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Bruh I really don't want to turn this into a political thread but this is just flat-out false. AOC's 70% marginal tax rate means you only get taxed at the level once you reach a certain income threshold of 10 million dollars a year. And that first 10 million isn't even touched at that level, anything above it is. And btw, she came up with that idea because from WW2 to Reagan the marginal tax rate was between 94-70%. Reagan bumped it down to 50% in 1982, and then down to 38.5% in 1987. It has hovered between 39-37% since then.

Source:
https://www.taxpolicycenter.org/stat...come-tax-rates

But thanks for sticking up for those poor hard working Americans who make over 10 million a year. I'm sure they appreciate your help.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 02:30 PM   #6
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Bruh I really don't want to turn this into a political thread but this is just flat-out false. AOC's 70% marginal tax rate means you only get taxed at the level once you reach a certain income threshold of 10 million dollars a year. And that first 10 million isn't even touched at that level, anything above it is. And btw, she came up with that idea because from WW2 to Reagan the marginal tax rate was between 94-70%. Reagan bumped it down to 50% in 1982, and then down to 38.5% in 1987. It has hovered between 39-37% since then.

Source:
https://www.taxpolicycenter.org/stat...come-tax-rates

But thanks for sticking up for those poor hard working Americans who make over 10 million a year. I'm sure they appreciate your help.
I mentioned NBA players who many are making $30 million + a year. Sorry but stealing 70% of their money is just wrong. Sorry that you don't understand me, I am about doing what is right and not always about what is best for me.
While were at it why do Democrats seem to prop up minority women who are dumb as rocks and give them so much air time. Since AOC arrived we haven't heard a peep out of Maxine Waters. Maybe you did not notice.
Old 07-04-2019, 06:00 PM   #7
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
You want politics with your sports try ESPN radio. I used to like to listen to it at work, but can't stand it anymore. Bomani Jones and Dan Lebatard can't go 5 minutes without spewing their leftist views. Lebatard always calls the Redskins the Washington racial slurs.

I remember a couple seasons ago they were interviewing the president of ODU before a football game, he went on for 5 minutes about global warming and never mentioned any sports.
That's when I change the channel, not a big deal.
Old 07-04-2019, 06:34 PM   #8
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

ESPN is getting out of politics because the liberal opinion leanings has killed viewership. The espn President said so earlier in the year. Disney has listened for years for anyone who’d want to buy it...wasn’t a good investment.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 06:38 PM   #9
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Anyways, back to this thread...l love this team and have wanted to bang out Alex Morgan for years. She is a smoke show.

I don’t mind the celebrations...the tea one was an all timer. Hoping we finish this up Sunday with a win.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 09:05 PM   #10
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
ESPN is getting out of politics because the liberal opinion leanings has killed viewership. The espn President said so earlier in the year. Disney has listened for years for anyone who’d want to buy it...wasn’t a good investment.

Nice try on your own personal slant ,it has nothing to do with anything "liberal," ...it has to do with ...sports and people watch sports to get away from it regardless of whatever the political view point .
Old 07-05-2019, 08:09 AM   #11
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Maybe on TV, but they still have the liberal spewing idiots on the radio and I don't think they have toned it down. In fact I forgot his name but a couple months ago a guy on in the morning went on a rant about being sick and tired about people saying Espn is overly involved in politics and leans left. What is it with these liberals that are in denial about who they are? Then about an hour after his angry rant he starts talking about Colin Kaepernick and the flag kneeling movement. I guess these guys are so use to mixing politics in sports that don't even realize they are doing it anymore.
Old 07-05-2019, 08:16 AM   #12
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Nice try on your own personal slant ,it has nothing to do with anything "liberal," ...it has to do with ...sports and people watch sports to get away from it regardless of whatever the political view point .
Most of your political rants by sports casters and sports talk hosts are liberal view points. That is fact. I don't want to hear any of their political views, but right leaning ones aren't that common. In fact they are so rare to me they stand out. I think the last one I heard that rivaled Bob Costas and his gun control rant that came from the right was Mike Ditka giving a long winded opinion of people who knelled for the flag.
Old 07-05-2019, 08:24 AM   #13
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:

Quote:
That's when I change the channel, not a big deal.
Easy for you to say. I live in Beaverdam Virginia, their aren't any other channels to change it to if I want to listen to sports talk or a ball game while working. With interference from machinery only the ESPN FM station comes in.
Radio stations in my area have weak signals and short range. I do most of my listening to sports while driving.
Old 07-05-2019, 08:52 AM   #14
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Easy for you to say. I live in Beaverdam Virginia, their aren't any other channels to change it to if I want to listen to sports talk or a ball game while working. With interference from machinery only the ESPN FM station comes in.
Radio stations in my area have weak signals and short range. I do most of my listening to sports while driving.
What about satellite radio?
Old 07-05-2019, 09:54 AM   #15
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Super excited for this game. Also have no problem with the women speaking their mind. They have been given a platform and they are using it to push for equal pay for them with the men’s team and also state their political opinions. Politics and sports have been intertwined forever and has never been separated. If you don’t like it just enjoy the game and not worry about anything else.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote