Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

My Letter to Coach Gibbs

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-25-2004, 11:01 AM   #16
offiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
And if I was Gibbs I would laugh at this letter and say, scoreboard kid- 3 rings.

Howard would have been someone else's mistake that day had we not grabbed him. It's not like we were the only team that wanted him.
Then let him be someone else's mistake, because I know I didn't want him at the time we drafted him, and that was gibb's first hand's on draft, and he never one a ring while he had a major say in the draft, ironically he retired at the end of that same year leaving us with desmond, no D-line and no up and coming all pro reciever, he still hasen't proven himself as a talent evaluater, and let's face it beatherd had a lot to do with those 3 ring's, he was able to do it for shula and was able to get ross and the charger's to the SB, and let's face it who is bobby ross? I believe in gibb's but he's not infalable and he does have some proving to do in the GM department.
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-25-2004, 12:36 PM   #17
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Amen, Offiss!
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 02:57 PM   #18
cpayne5
Playmaker

We also know that Gibbs and longtime GM Bobby Beathard were able to put together teams very, very quickly, like the strike replacement team of 1987. Yes, Beathard was a big part of that partnership, but Gibbs has the eye of a jeweler, too. And because he's a man who coached a team to three Super Bowl victories, because he went to four Super Bowls with three quarterbacks and three running backs, even the harshest critics look at the moves Gibbs is making and say, "Makes sense to me."

--Michael Wilbon in Yesterday's Washington Post
cpayne5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 10:42 PM   #19
Skinsgirl
Camp Scrub

I trust Joe's decisions. I must admit I did want to see Patrick Ramsey start, but that is just sentiment talking. May the best man make the starting position.
Skinsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote