Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Trade WR

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-05-2004, 01:09 PM   #16
Defensewins
Playmaker

Gardner is a proven talent and has more value on our roster next year than any defensive player we can draft in the third or fourth round. We would have to get really lucky to draft a player in the 3rd or 4th round that has the talent of Gardner. Plus Cerrato/Snyder's draft record in the late rounds has been terrible. We could give up Gardner for nothing if we draft a player that sucks.
I think Gardner will fill the Art MonK role in Gibss offense next year. Gardner's talent did not lend itself to Spurriers terrible college offensive system. Gardner will shine next year.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-05-2004, 01:46 PM   #17
raleighskinsfan
Camp Scrub

Remember the Smurfs and the Skins of 91!

I say we keep all the wide receivers, and start Coles, Gardner and McCants. We can all remember the smurfs and the rings they brought us. And we can also remember the 1991 team who set a then NFL record for scoring. Those teams always had 3 quality receivers. We have that now. Lets keep them. We'll be able to trade down out of the #5 spot and pick up extra picks. Lets all remember, too, that draft picks are a gamble. The press likes to make a big deal out of our lack of draft picks, but in every case, I like what we've given up in draft picks for proven players. The press is just trying to find ANYTHING bad to say about what Washington is doing b/c, for whatever reason, they all dislike Dan Snyder so much. Also, Gardner had a really good year last year. I think he'll be even better this year....
raleighskinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote