Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

D.Hall says he's targeting Romo's ribs

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 09:09 PM   #46
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: D.Hall says he's targeting Romo's ribs

So am I correct that people are complaining about a Redskins playing saying that he's going to hurt a Cowboys player? When did this become an issue for Redskins fans? Last time I check, this was supposed to be a rivalry.
R.I.P. #21

Advertisements
Old 09-21-2011, 09:09 PM   #47
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
Miss the Giants game?
I'd lean toward yes. Seems people still don't want to give D.Hall credit for sticking his nose in on physical tackles.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:12 PM   #48
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
So am I correct that people are complaining about a Redskins playing saying that he's going to hurt a Cowboys player? When did this become an issue for Redskins fans? Last time I check, this was supposed to be a rivalry.
This is what I'm saying. It's a rivalry game and a Romo said he's gonna play injured and basically doesn't give an F about getting back to 100%. I don't think the Skins should be trying to splatter his brains on the field. But they should definitely not be trying to put some pattycake hits on him and play nice because he's playing hurt.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:15 PM   #49
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
You are correct and I will give you that, but I can't help but feel from my point of view we've had two weeks of no bs in the media, no dumb stories distracting our lockerroom, just guys going in puttin' in work and going out and playing great games, and now we see that one of the most turbulent Redskins is saying unnecessary things in the media about things we already know.

It's not the fact that he's gonna go out there and occasionally try to hit Romo in the ribs to knock him out, I just wish he was saying that to anybody but the media. Same with Orakpo too, but to a lesser extent. We don't need to go into the game with a bulls eye on our backs, which is what all this talking creates.

And also, our recent track record shows that we have a hard time walking the walk after we talk the talk. Now this team could be different, but all it does is put added pressure on us to perform and back it up.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:23 PM   #50
polywog
Special Teams

D Hall is a dumb-ass. I don't care who thinks otherwise. In the NFL, the one sure way to lose is to get the other team fired up by talking a bunch of smack. I've been a fan of the game too long to not notice.

Everybody remembers the "body bag" game - does anyone remember what we did to the Eagles when we met them in the playoffs?

What goes around, comes around.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:24 PM   #51
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Basically what Mooby said. We've had so few distractions this year (for once). We've just been shutting up and doing our jobs (by we I mean them of course), and so far we're undefeated
Old 09-21-2011, 09:25 PM   #52
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
I complain, mainly because I want to see it on the field. Personally, as I said before, our last MNF game - against the eagles last year - lingers in my mind. I even imagine the MNF crew will remind the national audience of what happened last time we were on. And part of my mind remembers the LL and Hall were talking trash before that and we know how it went. Play the game, show it on the field, and talk smack afterwards!
Old 09-21-2011, 09:32 PM   #53
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
You are correct and I will give you that, but I can't help but feel from my point of view we've had two weeks of no bs in the media, no dumb stories distracting our lockerroom, just guys going in puttin' in work and going out and playing great games, and now we see that one of the most turbulent Redskins is saying unnecessary things in the media about things we already know.

It's not the fact that he's gonna go out there and occasionally try to hit Romo in the ribs to knock him out, I just wish he was saying that to anybody but the media. Same with Orakpo too, but to a lesser extent. We don't need to go into the game with a bulls eye on our backs, which is what all this talking creates.

And also, our recent track record shows that we have a hard time walking the walk after we talk the talk. Now this team could be different, but all it does is put added pressure on us to perform and back it up.
I personally don't think that D. Hall is as turbulent as some fans paint him to be, but I do agree that he is that. However, my point was that more of the complaints here are because it was him saying that, and of course the media is making it a big deal (because this is a big rivalry).

I could be wrong, but I heard a number of times during the Cards/Skins game that Darnell Dockett was upset because alledgedly Hightower had guaranteed a win. Since TH is a new Redskins and it wasn't a big rivalry game, this wasn't hyped up by the media and no one mentioned this here. If D. Hall had said something like that, there would have been a 2000-post thread about it.

In my book, D. Hall or anyone saying they are going to bust Romo's ribs is not anywhere close to the circus that Haynesworth or McNabb were last year.

Found some links about the Hightower story...

Dockett reacts to Hightower's 'guarantee' - Rich Tandler's Real Redskins

Redskins' Hightower looks forward to reunion
R.I.P. #21

Last edited by Ruhskins; 09-21-2011 at 09:36 PM.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:34 PM   #54
polywog
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I complain, mainly because I want to see it on the field. Personally, as I said before, our last MNF game - against the eagles last year - lingers in my mind. I even imagine the MNF crew will remind the national audience of what happened last time we were on. And part of my mind remembers the LL and Hall were talking trash before that and we know how it went. Play the game, show it on the field, and talk smack afterwards!
I completely agree. That game haunts me, because I was a fan during Gibbs 1 and in those days, we settled scores on the field. We stood up and punched the bad guys in the mouth.

"Chicago ready, if Redskins show up." I'll never forget that article. It came out before the 86 playoff game at soldier field. Chicago was 14-2, and we beat the living crap out of them. Gibbs hung that article up for the players to see. We did that a lot in those days....we made the bad guys pay!

Quote:
I personally don't think that D. Hall is as turbulent as some fans paint him to be, but I do agree that he is that. However, my point was that more of the complaints here are because it was him saying that, and of course the media is making it a big deal (because this is a big rivalry).

I could be wrong, but I heard a number of times during the Cards/Skins game that Darnell Dockett was upset because Hightower had guaranteed a win. Since TH is a new Redskins and it wasn't a big rivalry game, this wasn't hyped up by the media and no one mentioned this here. If D. Hall had said something like that, there would have been a 2000-post thread about it.

In my book, D. Hall or anyone saying they are going to bust Romo's ribs is not anywhere close to the circus that Haynesworth or McNabb were last year.

I don't care if one of our players says that we are going to win - I do care if they say something stupid and classless.

Last edited by polywog; 09-21-2011 at 09:37 PM.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:43 PM   #55
firstdown
Living Legend

2nd Qtr Hall ints Romo then as Romo try to save a TD Hall lower his head and hits him right in the ribs. Int, knocks Romo out of game, and a TD all in one play.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:47 PM   #56
MTK
\m/

Complete non-story. This stuff happens all the time.

Last edited by MTK; 09-21-2011 at 09:55 PM.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:47 PM   #57
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

It's the Redskins vs. Cowboys on Monday Night. It's a big deal. That said, I don't notice "the media" making an extra big deal out of this
Old 09-21-2011, 09:49 PM   #58
44ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
2nd Qtr Hall ints Romo then as Romo try to save a TD Hall lower his head and hits him right in the ribs. Int, knocks Romo out of game, and a TD all in one play.
^^^ Genuine Skins Fan right here!
Old 09-21-2011, 09:50 PM   #59
GusFrerotte

It is a dumb thing to say and will probably be a dumb thing to do in reality. Why do I say that? Romo is the Dallas golden boy. Like it or not Dallas and Oakland sell a lot of merchandise outside of their respective markets, and Romo is the poster boy for one of those lucrative markets. Remember the NFL front office gets a big wad of $$$$$$$$$$ from anything that sells with that NFL shield on it, and they want to see Dallas at least stay somewhat competitive to keep those Romo jerseys selling. If D. Hall goes for Romo's ribs, you can expect the yellow hankies to come out often. How Romo goes, Dallas goes.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:58 PM   #60
GusFrerotte

The NFL is going to protect Romo at all costs. A revenue generator, can't be put in jeopardy!!!!!! Anything that looks like a cheap shot to the ribs is going to be called. You can count on it.
Closed Thread