Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2020, 01:51 PM   #751
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Re: Trent Williams ends season-long holdout, rejoins Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
"I think the only true trade partner is Minnesota but I'm told they do not want to deal anything higher than a 4" Keim
That's a starting point. So work out a deal, take what you can get, get rid of the malcontent and sign a veteran FA LT on a one year deal. Move on, RR. Move on!

Advertisements
Old 04-19-2020, 01:55 PM   #752
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I'd take their LT and a 4th screw it
Old 04-19-2020, 02:23 PM   #753
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
I'd take their LT and a 4th screw it
And no working out a contract with Trent beforehand for Minn. The deal with the Skins needs to be done now, before the draft. For little more than a paltry 4th, they take Trent and his current contract and good luck to them on any extension.

If Trent doesn't like it, too bad for him. The Skins don't need to involve him or his agent on any trade.
Old 04-20-2020, 09:36 AM   #754
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Peter King is reporting the team is looking to move Williams during the draft but at the right offer and he also says them met with Utah State QB Jordan Love this past weekend
Old 04-20-2020, 10:09 AM   #755
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Peter King is reporting the team is looking to move Williams during the draft but at the right offer and he also says them met with Utah State QB Jordan Love this past weekend
Yeah, I feel like after the first round and dust will settle on which teams were able to address their Left Tackle need. I'm watching these teams as top trade potential:

Chargers, Browns, Vikings, Jets, and Tompa Bay

The Giants, Jacksonville and Miami are teams that could steal a OT in the first, but wouldn't be a trade partners imo. These are the teams we should be routing for to take 1st round Tackles.

He Gets Us
Old 04-20-2020, 11:01 AM   #756
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Great to hear. Think Love is another smokescreen. Think it will be Chase and primarily offense as it should be, especially olinemen. Starting to get excited the Williams mess may soon be behind us. Eager to see what we net.
Old 04-20-2020, 11:07 AM   #757
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Maybe things are eminent people!! Fingers crossed. #byetrent

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...l-draft-report
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
Old 04-20-2020, 01:11 PM   #758
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

"Complicating that matter is Williams' desire for a new contract. He will turn 32 in July and hasn't played a full 16-game season since 2013."

As I've said before, at his point the Redskins shouldn't give dam about Williams' desire for a new contract. Just trade him and let him deal with the other team after he is traded. That looks like the plan and that's good.

"Of disgruntled players, Rivera famously said during his Panthers tenure, 'If they're not all in, if they're not willing to do it your way, it's time to f----- get rid of those guys'."

That's right, Ron! He reminds me of Joe Gibbs in that aspect of his management ethos. Do us all a favor, Ron, and don't let Williams set foot in Redskins Park again.
Old 04-20-2020, 01:19 PM   #759
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
"Complicating that matter is Williams' desire for a new contract. He will turn 32 in July and hasn't played a full 16-game season since 2013."

As I've said before, at his point the Redskins shouldn't give dam about Williams' desire for a new contract. Just trade him and let him deal with the other team after he is traded. That looks like the plan and that's good.

"Of disgruntled players, Rivera famously said during his Panthers tenure, 'If they're not all in, if they're not willing to do it your way, it's time to f----- get rid of those guys'."

That's right, Ron! He reminds me of Joe Gibbs in that aspect of his management ethos. Do us all a favor, Ron, and don't let Williams set foot in Redskins Park again.
But the team that is trading for Williams will care about this, which in turn could affect the trade. No team is going to be stupid enough to trade him for a year's worth play.

I really think teams need to realize they are no longer dealing with Bruce Allen, and should compensate the Redskins if they want Trent. And Trent needs to have reasonable expectations regarding his contract with his new team. I still think the Redskins should hold out until they get reasonable compensation for Trent.

Honestly, both Trent and whatever teams are interested in him are up against the clock here. And both of them need to budge if they want this trade to happen.
R.I.P. #21
Old 04-20-2020, 03:32 PM   #760
Irrefutable
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
But the team that is trading for Williams will care about this, which in turn could affect the trade. No team is going to be stupid enough to trade him for a year's worth play.

I really think teams need to realize they are no longer dealing with Bruce Allen, and should compensate the Redskins if they want Trent. And Trent needs to have reasonable expectations regarding his contract with his new team. I still think the Redskins should hold out until they get reasonable compensation for Trent.

Honestly, both Trent and whatever teams are interested in him are up against the clock here. And both of them need to budge if they want this trade to happen.
Bingo! How much time is there in the second round? ....not enough time to agree on a contract
Old 04-20-2020, 04:05 PM   #761
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post

Agree 100% reasonable compensation he is a 7x Pro Bowler they don't come cheap.
Old 04-20-2020, 06:33 PM   #762
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrefutable View Post
Bingo! How much time is there in the second round? ....not enough time to agree on a contract
His agent should be having contract talks with the likely players so that it can be finalized if the Skins tell him they have a deal.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Old 04-20-2020, 06:50 PM   #763
Warthog
The Starter

Trent won’t be traded UNTIL the First Round of the Draft is OVER. There are about 4-5 excellent OT prospects that will go in the first round. Then the OT talent starts to drop off significantly. That’s when teams who DIDN’T get one of these first rounders, start to look at Trent.

Trent is a known quantity and worth far more that a second or lower draft pick, many of which will bust out. However, the Redskins ARE NOT going to get a second round pick. I think they will end up getting a third and a fourth rounder. Or maybe a third rounder and a depth player / project player that RR or Kyle Smith likes.

Bruce Allen left us with this crappy situation. We could have got a first round draft pick last year, if Allen had one decent NFL brain cell in his body. Instead he made this personal and RR is just trying to salvage something from this mess. I thought Trent might come back to the Redskin’s this season, but there’s too much bad blood, Trent’s salary expectations are too high and finally Rivera doesn’t want discontented players on this team. So we’ll get a third and maybe a fourth round pick, save some bucks on the cap and finally move on from this bad situation.

Thanks for nothing Bruce!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Old 04-20-2020, 07:15 PM   #764
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Trent won’t be traded UNTIL the First Round of the Draft is OVER. There are about 4-5 excellent OT prospects that will go in the first round. Then the OT talent starts to drop off significantly. That’s when teams who DIDN’T get one of these first rounders, start to look at Trent.

Trent is a known quantity and worth far more that a second or lower draft pick, many of which will bust out. However, the Redskins ARE NOT going to get a second round pick. I think they will end up getting a third and a fourth rounder. Or maybe a third rounder and a depth player / project player that RR or Kyle Smith likes.

Bruce Allen left us with this crappy situation. We could have got a first round draft pick last year, if Allen had one decent NFL brain cell in his body. Instead he made this personal and RR is just trying to salvage something from this mess. I thought Trent might come back to the Redskin’s this season, but there’s too much bad blood, Trent’s salary expectations are too high and finally Rivera doesn’t want discontented players on this team. So we’ll get a third and maybe a fourth round pick, save some bucks on the cap and finally move on from this bad situation.

Thanks for nothing Bruce!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So you would have rather seen a situation where Bruce Allen does the right thing, which may have led him sticking around with the team?

I know it sucks what Bruce did and he was horrendous. But IMO his botching of this situation was one of the reasons he finally got canned. In short, I don't see the reason to beat this dead horse.

And speaking of Bruce, Trent and his agent need to also realize that they are dealing with a new, and respected regime (RR) and that he's not going to win the PR battle. As I said before, instead of bitching to the press, his agent needs to convince interested teams to give the Redskins proper compensation. Otherwise, his ass is going to sit for the 2020 season.
R.I.P. #21
Old 04-20-2020, 08:33 PM   #765
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Per Josina Anderson tweet:

"Just asked a top player on a team that needs an OT --which tackle their team should draft on Thursday. He told me Trent Williams, in a little bit more colorful language though. Lol."
Closed Thread