Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Board Management > Playbook

So, is there freedom of speech here or what?

Playbook

Old 11-25-2007, 09:54 PM   #31
paulskinsfan

Re: So, is there freedom of speech here or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
It's not a discussion that really belongs in the locker room.

Not sure how that makes your point at all, unless your point is you're an ass but we all know that.

Besides, the thread is still open, isn't it?

I wouldn't want to trample on your precious freedom of speech.

I know its hard to admit that Gibbs 2.0 was a failure for those of you who adamently stood by the man through thick and thin. The point of the thread was "its over." Let's get on the same page for once, stop drinking the kool aid and lets work for change.
paulskinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-25-2007, 09:57 PM   #32
MTK
\m/

Yawn.

Are you done yet?
Old 11-25-2007, 09:59 PM   #33
paulskinsfan

Quote:
Yawn.

Are you done yet?

No Matt, Im not. You can wipe your chin from the Kool Aid, and YAWN all ya want, but the fact of the matter is that you and all the Kool Aid Drinkers have been 100% wrong. You supported an old man with old coaching methods refusing to criticize him at any point in time. Now its over and this team is left in the shitter, so you'll just blow off any criticizms, and jump back on the Snyder approval bandwagon, agreeing with each and every move he makes. God forbid someone challenges your ideas and then proves them wrong.
paulskinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 10:21 PM   #34
MTK
\m/

Whatever dude. Grow up. Or better yet take a hike. Nobody cares about your opinions or your shitty attitude. You can wipe your chin with my ass for all I care.

And for the record I still support Gibbs. Always have, always will. My support in him doesn't waver when times are tough. That's what support is all about. Something you obviously know nothing about. I don't agree with everything the team does. If that's what you think you obviously haven't read all of my posts or you need to sharpen up on your reading comprehension skills.

Kool-Aid to me refers to blind homers who never have anything bad to say. I honestly don't think we have very many of those types here. But to you unless you're pissed off at the world then anything else isn't good enough it seems.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:15 PM   #35
EternalEnigma21
Assistant Regional Mod

Quote:
You can wipe your chin with my ass for all I care.

you totally should have said wipe your chin with my shitty ass... that would've been awesome...
Old 11-25-2007, 11:16 PM   #36
MTRedskinsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulskinsfan View Post
No Matt, Im not. You can wipe your chin from the Kool Aid, and YAWN all ya want, but the fact of the matter is that you and all the Kool Aid Drinkers have been 100% wrong. You supported an old man with old coaching methods refusing to criticize him at any point in time. Now its over and this team is left in the shitter, so you'll just blow off any criticizms, and jump back on the Snyder approval bandwagon, agreeing with each and every move he makes. God forbid someone challenges your ideas and then proves them wrong.
The freedom of speech thing is not the issue here IMO, so I sincerely think you're barking up the wrong tree. Take a minute and look at the members pages within the site and you'll find something very odd. The vast, vast majority of members have posted just a couple of times and are never seen or heard from again. What does that tell you? The opinion's expressed here are very limited. Most Skins fans visit, think this will be fun and join up, but obviously get discouraged or just plain uninterested in the content.

The result is what we see day to day: a small handful of contributors (including the mods) that totally dominate the style and direction of every thread, every time, period. Most of them are Gibbs supporters, and some of them actually seem like bigger Gibbs' fans than Skins' fans. But that doesn't make it a bad site or a useless one. It just is what it is.
MTRedskinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 11:24 PM   #37
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTRedskinsFan View Post
The freedom of speech thing is not the issue here IMO, so I sincerely think you're barking up the wrong tree. Take a minute and look at the members pages within the site and you'll find something very odd. The vast, vast majority of members have posted just a couple of times and are never seen or heard from again. What does that tell you? The opinion's expressed here are very limited. Most Skins fans visit, think this will be fun and join up, but obviously get discouraged or just plain uninterested in the content.

The result is what we see day to day: a small handful of contributors (including the mods) that totally dominate the style and direction of every thread, every time, period. Most of them are Gibbs supporters, and some of them actually seem like bigger Gibbs' fans than Skins' fans. But that doesn't make it a bad site or a useless one. It just is what it is.
Take a look around any message board and you'll find that is the norm. More often than not many people choose to read rather than interact.

Opinions here are not suppressed and the direction of the conversations are not controlled in any manner. To suggest otherwise is just ignorant.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:38 PM   #38
MTRedskinsFan

Quote:
Take a look around any message board and you'll find that is the norm. More often than not many people choose to read rather than interact.

Opinions here are not suppressed and the direction of the conversations are not controlled in any manner. To suggest otherwise is just ignorant.
Nothing was suggested... and somehow that caused you to start hurling insults about ignorance?

Judging by your exteme defensiveness it seems you must believe you've done something wrong or unjust, expecially in light of the fact that nothing like that was suggested.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:42 PM   #39
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Nothing was suggested... and somehow that caused you to start hurling insults about ignorance?

Judging by your exteme defensiveness it seems you must believe you've done something wrong or unjust, expecially in light of the fact that nothing like that was suggested.
Nothing was suggested??

You only "suggested" that we have limited opinions here and that "a small handful of contributors (including the mods) that totally dominate the style and direction of every thread, every time, period."

Sorry but that's just wrong, ignorant and frankly insulting.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:43 PM   #40
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:

I agree. I think threads here are supervised to prevent things like the Amnesty thread from happening. Cause come on, it'd be different if the guy was joking and everyone knew he was joking. But I think the entire thread was just a way to patronize everyone who supports Gibbs. I don't even entirely support Gibbs and I thought it was patronizing. If you wanna be taken seriously that wasn't the right way to go about it.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 11:50 PM   #41
MTRedskinsFan

Quote:
Nothing was suggested??

You only "suggested" that we have limited opinions here and that "a small handful of contributors (including the mods) that totally dominate the style and direction of every thread, every time, period."

Sorry but that's just wrong, ignorant and frankly insulting.
Once again the insults come hurling in. I've been given warnings about insults (which weren't even insults) when my opinion differed from the mods but somehow it's totally fine for all mods to hurl insults. And that goes right back to my original point: the pool of contributors here is very limited because of that kind of thing exactly AND as logic would follow the content also becomes very limited. Again, I did not say it made the site bad or useless, I simply said that it is what it is.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:53 PM   #42
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Once again the insults come hurling in. I've been given warnings about insults (which weren't even insults) when my opinion differed from the mods but somehow it's totally fine for all mods to hurl insults. And that goes right back to my original point: the pool of contributors here is very limited because of that kind of thing exactly AND as logic would follow the content also becomes very limited. Again, I did not say it made the site bad or useless, I simply said that it is what it is.
How have I hurled insults??

If the word "ignorant" is insulting to you then you are really touchy.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:54 PM   #43
MTK
\m/

Quote:
By the way you were given an warning for inappropriate language, not from insulting someone.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:56 PM   #44
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
I just flew home and boy are my arms tired.

Seriously though, I locked the thread because it was turning into a bunch of name calling all around. The thread was headed nowhere and I decided to put a stop to it before it got out of control. We know what your intent essentially was ("to patronize" as DynamiteRave pointed out). And we all know that had we won the game and there was a thread offering "Amnesty" to people like you, then you'd be pissing all over the thread.

Now for the last time, I don't think everything is perfect with the team or with Gibbs. There is a lot the team and Gibbs has to improve on. No one is blind to that. But if you're done with the team, then quite frankly you should be done with the site.

And I'm changing my sig.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:58 PM   #45
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
I know its hard to admit that Gibbs 2.0 was a failure for those of you who adamently stood by the man through thick and thin. The point of the thread was "its over." Let's get on the same page for once, stop drinking the kool aid and lets work for change.
PSF...what tune are you going to be signing when we back our way into the playoffs at 8-8, and get to travel to Seattle in January?

Will you still be so down on Gibbs? I mean, there will be reason to be so, 8-8 isn't great, but will you celebrate the playoff birth.

See, I don't think you will. I don't think you will be willing to admit you were wrong about the season being over, since you aren't usually willing to admit your incorrectness about anything else.

You've pretty much painted yourself as a total hypocrite thus far. Everybody else should prematurely admit to being wrong so that you don't have to in the future when you are. So when a hypocrite opens a thread that serves a limited view of a single event and demands "amnesty" from far more thoughtful posters...you are going to get whats coming.

I mean, I'm pretty sure you can see that as is, but people who try to hide their wrongdoings behind "freedom of speech" tend to push my buttons in a way that few other events can. Consider yourself added to my sh-tlist.