Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Barrow Cut

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-11-2004, 01:44 AM   #1
offiss

Barrow Cut

If we are entertaining the thought of going to a 3-4, and we are still looking for a LB, I will take barrow over short any day of the week, that guy is a football player, I know he's getting up there in age, but he is one instinctive LB who can still play, and he just might want to meet up with the giant's twice a year after they asked him to take a pay cut, the one guy who really was the heart and soul of that defense, and gave everything he had to the G-men, I will tell you this barrow is defiently every thing gibb's want's in a player, no doubt!
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-11-2004, 11:15 PM   #2
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Even if we do go with a 3-4, I think we would be about done with shopping for linebackers.

Plus, we've already given a past-his-prime, former Giant linebacker a shot. His name was Jessie Armstead. At times he was serviceable, but overall, I would characterize his brief career in Washington as less than satisfactory.

EDIT: Well, looks like the Skins FO disagrees with me. Read this:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2004Mar11.html

"According to a source familiar with the situation, the Redskins want to sign linebacker Micheal Barrow, who was released by the New York Giants on Wednesday because of salary-cap reasons. New York hoped to retain Barrow, but only if he would slash his $3.5 million salary. According to a source, Barrow wants at least $2 million a year, which was more than the Redskins could afford before the Butler decision."

Is it just me, or does anyone else think we should spend just a little more time with the defensive line rather than sending more and more linebackers into Redskin Park?

Last edited by Beemnseven; 03-11-2004 at 11:29 PM.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 08:36 AM   #3
cpayne5
Playmaker

Armstead was a solid player during his time here. He didn't really have huge plays (except for the safety in the Atl game), but he didn't give up huge plays either.
cpayne5 is offline   Reply With Quote