Eagles Post game

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-16-2019, 08:33 AM   #31
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Eagles Post game

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
-Honestly yesterday's game was kinda my "dream" scenario: the team looked competitive... but collapsed at the end of the game in the most classic embarrassing Redskins way.
To me that reeks of awful coaching.

-Even the Defense's performance shouts "shitty coaches" IMO: blown assignments in both the run and pass games, missed tackles etc... But they did made some stops, I mean they had the tools to stop the Eagles' offense, just too many huge mistakes at crucial times.

-One more positive I didn't see mentioned: I thought Wes Martin played well, way better than earlier this season. With Brandon Scherff having been virtually gone for several weeks, having a decent replacement on the roster would be a nice.
I agree, I surprisingly thought he played fairly well. This could be a succession plan honestly...the more I think where this team "is" talent wise, it may be wiser to Franchise Tag Schreff for a year and let him move on rather than lock him up to an over the top contract with younger guys growing together on the defense and offense.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-16-2019, 08:38 AM   #32
GridIron26
Playmaker

Looks like I picked a heck of game to miss.. Based on the comments at here and game highlights, it seems like Haskins played better yesterday.. This is a good progress and it seems the more Haskins plays, the more he gets better. I cannot help but wonder how far Haskins would be had if we chose to play Haskins early in the season.. If Haskins continues to show positive progress in next two games, Redskins should use this offseason to build around Haskins, not scouting the QBs who will come out in draft.

I hope Sims and Harmon will spend entire offseason training with McLaurin. McLaurin didn't get to this point with his talents alone, I have read few articles and watched a couple videos on McLaurin, he has intense work ethics.. Sims and Harmon would be smart to study McLaurin.

Defense.. Well, are we really surprised by this?
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 08:52 AM   #33
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
-Honestly yesterday's game was kinda my "dream" scenario: the team looked competitive... but collapsed at the end of the game in the most classic embarrassing Redskins way.
To me that reeks of awful coaching.

-Even the Defense's performance shouts "shitty coaches" IMO: blown assignments in both the run and pass games, missed tackles etc... But they did made some stops, I mean they had the tools to stop the Eagles' offense, just too many huge mistakes at crucial times.

-One more positive I didn't see mentioned: I thought Wes Martin played well, way better than earlier this season. With Brandon Scherff having been virtually gone for several weeks, having a decent replacement on the roster would be a nice.
I did mention Wes Martin on the opening thread and Danny Johnson. Kyle Smith’s eye for talent has been showing the last couple of games, he’s the only front office guy who knows what he’s doing. Some here have said clean house, it would be a huge mistake to fire him. One more thing, KOC did a pretty good job calling plays since Callahan loosened the cuffs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 08:55 AM   #34
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Looks like I picked a heck of game to miss.. Based on the comments at here and game highlights, it seems like Haskins played better yesterday.. This is a good progress and it seems the more Haskins plays, the more he gets better. I cannot help but wonder how far Haskins would be had if we chose to play Haskins early in the season.. If Haskins continues to show positive progress in next two games, Redskins should use this offseason to build around Haskins, not scouting the QBs who will come out in draft.

I hope Sims and Harmon will spend entire offseason training with McLaurin. McLaurin didn't get to this point with his talents alone, I have read few articles and watched a couple videos on McLaurin, he has intense work ethics.. Sims and Harmon would be smart to study McLaurin.

Defense.. Well, are we really surprised by this?
I would almost call it a break out game for Haskins, huge leap forward.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 08:57 AM   #35
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

The offense had a break out game but lets also remember how bad the eagles are on defense, especially the back side. Still nothing taken away from Haskins, he was very good and the ROOKIE wrs all stepped up. It was a great outcome To be honest, young guys balled out and got confidence, Josh Norman was burned for the GW which solidifies that he's done in DC and Urban Meyer got to see the young talent we have to work with
Old 12-16-2019, 09:01 AM   #36
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
The offense had a break out game but lets also remember how bad the eagles are on defense, especially the back side. Still nothing taken away from Haskins, he was very good and the ROOKIE wrs all stepped up. It was a great outcome To be honest, young guys balled out and got confidence, Josh Norman was burned for the GW which solidifies that he's done in DC and Urban Meyer got to see the young talent we have to work with
totally agree and we got the lost to help our draft pick.

first game i fully watched this season, i thought Haskins looked pretty good. He literally has zero weapons and a crap o line and still produced.
Old 12-16-2019, 09:09 AM   #37
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
totally agree and we got the lost to help our draft pick.

first game i fully watched this season, i thought Haskins looked pretty good. He literally has zero weapons and a crap o line and still produced.
I would say Terry is a legit #1 , Sims is coming on too but yeah after that the weapons are scarce especially at TE
Old 12-16-2019, 09:16 AM   #38
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Redskins players who could/should be released/traded in 2020 and the cap savings(plus replacement options):
Norman: $12.5M - FA/Moreau
Williams: $12.5M - Draft
Kerrigan: $11.75M - FA
Reed: $8.5M - FA/Draft
Moses: $4.85M - FA/Christian
Richardson: $2.5M - FA/Draft

$52.6 savings

*This is from Hogsheaven*
Wow that's a lot. The TE free agency market should be pretty strong. That would be my number one priority.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 09:18 AM   #39
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
On the other hand the Redskins have played other bad defenses and not done much offensively, I will take it.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 09:53 AM   #40
skinsfan69
Living Legend

The draft pick thing is kind of overrated. The Browns have lived in the top 5 of the draft and they still suck. Just cause a player is dominant in college doesn't mean it will translate in the pros.
Old 12-16-2019, 09:56 AM   #41
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
The draft pick thing is kind of overrated. The Browns have lived in the top 5 of the draft and they still suck. Just cause a player is dominant in college doesn't mean it will translate in the pros.
That is very true , it is a crap shoot
Old 12-16-2019, 10:21 AM   #42
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Ionnadis,McLaurin, Martin, Harmon, Sims (FA) are perfect examples.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 10:22 AM   #43
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
I would say Terry is a legit #1 , Sims is coming on too but yeah after that the weapons are scarce especially at TE
I think Adrian Peterson has been a solid contributor.

Right now, I'm looking at what I think the young weapons can become versus where they are at this point in their careers. With that in mind, I'm very impressed with what Kelvin Harmon has done so far. I believe he'll become a very solid #2 receiver to pair with Terry McLaurin.

I have a problem with Steven Sims. I think he is afraid of hard contact. He drops too many passes, especially over the middle where I think he's hearing the footsteps. He failed to make a critical first down late in the game by tap dancing rather than going straight for the first down line. Was he subconsciously trying to avoid in hit? Also, he should be a much better kick returner, IMO. He takes the ball, slows down, looking for an opening, rather that picking a lane and going for it. Is he concerned about contact? He's in the NFL now. He needs to toughen up and get what he can out of each opportunity.

In the wishful thinking category, IF both Derrius Guice and Bryce Love could get and stay healthy, then I think they could be one helluva pair of running backs.

Last edited by KI Skins Fan; 12-16-2019 at 11:21 AM.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 10:42 AM   #44
skinsfan69
Living Legend

The only thing I felt was wrong with the offense was I felt they should have kept the pedal down more on the passing game. Not enough deep shots I felt.

Eagles o-line was dominant. Idk how many yards they ran for but I know it was a lot. I just don't like this defense at all.

There have been a lot of arguments on the 3-4 vs 4-3. I have NEVER been a fan of asking your best pass rushers to play coverage and I have seen too much of that. Sweat isn't a coverage guy. Why ask him to do that crap? Let's say we draft Young. Who wants to see him dropping back in coverage? That's bullshit. Dexter Manley was a great pass rusher, way better than Kerrigan. Never once did I see him have to cover a TE.

And Landon Collins? lol. Whomever decided to give him the money they did should be fired. He is so not worth the money.
Old 12-16-2019, 11:08 AM   #45
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

I have no respect for the NFL as a league. That roughing the passer call on 2nd and 22 was just blatant fucking cheating. And if not cheating, utter incompetence. And nothing will be done about it.

I loved how Payne played the violin after the 2nd BS roughing the passer when he hit him in the shoulder pad area. That was pretty hilarious.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote