Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-18-2010, 12:23 AM   #1066
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: Week 6:Redskins vs. Colts Gameday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
Alright, I was in the wrong this time.

However, my first comment in the review thread was brone out of seeing more sense spoken in the thread than I have seen elsewhere.
Review thread? Brone? What are you talking about?

Advertisements
Old 10-18-2010, 12:24 AM   #1067
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

I do think this is a playoff team, and just like 5 out 6 games this year I think we will be in the NFC East race all the way unitl the end of the season with a good chance to win it.

Donovan is a good QB and is making a huge difference on our football team. I would take him 10 of 10 times in the trade.

We are going to need AH next week against the running attack of the Bears.

I think tonight we played such a wierd style of Defense all night. It was more of a 2-4-5 scheme all night. Definately wierd.

Doughty as much as I like him needs to be replaced. He just doesnt have big play ability. AND Moore made some big mistakes on the turnover front again.

One thing about this team is we constantly put ourselves in position to win. We had to shots tonight to tie the game in the final 2 1/2 minutes against the AFC Superbowl team last year.

If we play the Colts again in the Super Bowl we will win! Mark it down.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:25 AM   #1068
Gtothearry
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Seriously? I took it more as aggravation with the question then with him missing in the game.
Buchannon for sure. Now, Moss acted a little aggrevated with the question.
Gtothearry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:25 AM   #1069
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
Nope. If you paid attention, I was correcting an eariler poster. But, you were obviously too busy being negative, so stop harboring so much attention on me. Its not flattering.
Well, not to pick nits, but... what I said was technically correct. One of the turnovers led to a field goal, another went nowhere. I neglected to mention the Torain run after the sack and strip by Orakpo, but the point was that even with all of the missed opportunities by our D, our O still has to convert those into points -- in this case, more points than they did, obviously.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:26 AM   #1070
LavaRnChad
Special Teams

Re: Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins89moss View Post
You must be a Bitch Azz Dallas fan HuH?
Or he/she could be a Skins fan that doesn't live on fantasy island. Some of us speak about what we SEE, not what we WISH.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:27 AM   #1071
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Review thread? Brone? What are you talking about?
The Bleated Reviews thread. Borne. That's what I get for typing too fast.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:28 AM   #1072
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
I just like the fact that this year's team doesn't dejected early and quit. They fight to the end. Mistakes and missed opportunities happen in football, just a matter of how you respond to them
I agree, and I think that's the biggest change this year over the last two. It's frustrating to see us play well enough to win against a team like the Colts only to come up short. Rogers and Moore hang on to those early INTs, and it's a different ballgame. I was encouraged by some REALLY hard running by Torain, seeing Fred Davis get some PT, and our special teams play. But we couldn't get quite enough of a push to really unsettle Manning (who I think is from another planet), and McNabb had just a little too much pressure for us to consistently generate offensive rhythm. I am also a bit concerned about our kicking game -- Gano's kicks weren't as deep as they've been, and the miss was unfortunate.

I think we're a good team, and coming closer to being a great one. But we're not yet in the league of the top tier teams, although on any given Sunday we can pick them off.

We need to go on the road and have two convincing wins against the Bears and Lions (both playing better than folks expected) and then go to the bye week and scheme for a run at the playoffs. (I think we will manage that, by the way.) If we cannot, than the best we'll likely do is middle of the pack -- which after last year's 4-12 debacle, is actually pretty respectable.

Hard fought game today and a close one. I love this team.
calia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:34 AM   #1073
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
The Bleated Reviews thread. Borne. That's what I get for typing too fast.
You mean belated, not bleated. And the fact is there were several threads and posts after the Packers game (after every game) where people talk about our mistakes, weaknesses, and where we need to improve. Yet somehow you keep assuming everyone is living in a fantasy world where we believe the skins have no flaws.

No knock on Tripp but plenty of sense is made outside his review threads. We just don't all have time to sit and write long essays
Old 10-18-2010, 12:35 AM   #1074
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

Quote:
I just like the fact that this year's team doesn't dejected early and quit. They fight to the end. Mistakes and missed opportunities happen in football, just a matter of how you respond to them
I believe this is the Donovan Mcnabb effect.

Jason didnt have the juice that DM does.

Mike Shanahan has some effect on this as well but I really think it starts with Donovan. These guys all know what he has been able to do over the years and respect him immensly.

As this team gells on Offense they could be really good. We all have to remember that we now have 4 out of 5 new pieces on the oline playing together for only 2 games. We have a new offense and defense. We have a new QB learning a new offense. As this team gells it will only get better and these tight games we are in now will be big boosts of confidence coming down the stretch as it all comes together.

If we make it to the bye week at 5-3 or even 4-4 we have a good chance being much better in the second half of the year and really making some noise not only in the division but also in the playoffs. If we get to the playoffs we can win some games with the heart this team plays with.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:38 AM   #1075
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

For all Redskins bashers and non believers:
four of the Redskins five games have been decided on the very last play.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:41 AM   #1076
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

5 of 6 Fred
Old 10-18-2010, 01:00 AM   #1077
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmonkforhallofamein07 View Post
5 of 6 Fred
If you wanted to be pc we should say 5 of 6 have been decided in the last 2 minutes. I think this game was decided on the 2nd to last play when McNabb threw that pick (seriously that was a miraculous catch by Fransisco), not when the Colts kneeled down to end the game.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 01:04 AM   #1078
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

lol... sorry guys you are right.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:13 AM   #1079
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

We really need to start looking forward to next week. The guys will be pissed off and hungry going into the Bears game, and based on the way they've been playing we should be able to get plenty of pressure on Cutler next week.

If we can execute and be good on both sides of the ball we can definitely be 5-3 heading into our bye week. A loss to the Colts is nothing to be ashamed about, especially when the Giants got destroyed by them earlier this season. At least we were in the game in the final 2 minutes, which is more than the Giants can say.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 01:15 AM   #1080
Pocket$ $traight

Good effort with your best player on the bench, Shanahan. Time to smarten' the **** up...
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote