Redskins Offseason Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-16-2018, 10:01 PM   #46
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Re: Redskins Offseason Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Exactly. Since when has getting better been an issue with Reed unless we are referring to his health? I do not even consider him part of the team. Moving forward TE is a definite need. If Reed suddenly stays healthy for more than three weeks at a time that is a bonus. Personally though i have seen , or not seen, enough.
You took the words right out of my mouth on that one. Reed just can't stay healthy, and i would hope the skins have a plan for replacing him. No way they are seriously counting on him to be a big part of 2018, not realistically at least.

Advertisements
Old 01-17-2018, 04:10 PM   #47
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
You took the words right out of my mouth on that one. Reed just can't stay healthy, and i would hope the skins have a plan for replacing him. No way they are seriously counting on him to be a big part of 2018, not realistically at least.

There is nobody there i trust to “plan” anything. Lol
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 01:09 AM   #48
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinsfanatic View Post
Would you try and pay someone like Kris Richard (just let go by the Seahawks) to come in at DC if he doesn't get a head job?
He should be a HC candidate, I'd take him in a heartbeat as our DC. Manusky can coach LBs or something.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 06:34 PM   #49
DYoungJelly
The Starter

This is an of season fluff piece, but i still like Bennie Logan at the right price: Need to Know: Five possible Redskins free agent targets | NBC Sports Washington

I thought the team would pursue him last year.
Old 01-19-2018, 08:53 AM   #50
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
This is an of season fluff piece, but i still like Bennie Logan at the right price: Need to Know: Five possible Redskins free agent targets | NBC Sports Washington

I thought the team would pursue him last year.
Cooper would be great , Logan as well.. Pass on the rest, Teddy had a horrible injury and we've had a QB with that before, no thanks but wish the guy well.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:12 AM   #51
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Just saw a stat showing that every NFC team has gone to the NFC championship game at least TWICE since 1995 compared to zero from the Cowboys, Lions, and Redskins who haven't been since 91. Wow.
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 09:15 AM   #52
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins247 View Post
Just saw a stat showing that every NFC team has gone to the NFC championship game at least TWICE since 1995 compared to zero from the Cowboys, Lions, and Redskins who haven't been since 91. Wow.
This is only a result of one of the worst owner in sports, Dan Snyder. We got bought by a buffoon who set the franchise back by twenty years. Sad but true

I just hate to think about Snyder...I just get irate. Really sad what this franchise has become.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 09:21 AM   #53
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
This is only a result of one of the worst owner in sports, Dan Snyder. We got bought by a buffoon who set the franchise back by twenty years. Sad but true
So true. And it's almost like Snyder has copied Jerry Jones model of ownership...minus having Jimmy Johnson, who helped him a lot....but even bringing back Gibbs couldn't save this franchise from Snyder.
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 09:45 AM   #54
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins247 View Post
So true. And it's almost like Snyder has copied Jerry Jones model of ownership...minus having Jimmy Johnson, who helped him a lot....but even bringing back Gibbs couldn't save this franchise from Snyder.
Another clear example, look what discussion rules the Redskins right now, Cousins QB decision looms. Why? Complete mismanagement from the fucking top of the organization, AND LETS BE CLEAR, SNYDER IS a MAJOR Decision maker in who the QB is for this Franchise. His voice is among the highest. And its clear at this point, we have fucked it up from day 1. McC who was the GM said sign him....Bruce and Dan refused...now he will most likely walk without compensation.

This is absolutely ridiculous from a business sense. Complete shit show.

Now lets look at recent history with Dan and Bruce and the QB position:

Completely terrible trade for McNabb who the Coach at the time did not want

Completely terrible draft trade for RG3 for a coach who did not want.

And now this garbage with Cousins, the most competent QB of the Snyder era will walk and people are satisfied with no compensation. Terrible business decision.

He Gets Us

Last edited by Chico23231; 01-19-2018 at 10:20 AM.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 10:04 AM   #55
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

I just hate to think about Snyder...I just get irate. Really sad what this franchise has become.
That stat cracks me up tho because it's the last time Dallas won a sb, y start it at 95? It's a jab at them.

Dallas and Was should both be EMBARRASSED that this shit has lasted that long, its a joke to both fan bases and franchisees who are storied teams.

Unfortunately I dont know if we'll ever see the skins win a SB again, I would say odds are yeah eventually they will get hot and win but man look at GB, they went like 30 plus years w/o winning one, KC has only won 1 since the SB era. Some teams have yet to even make it there.

Vegas has us at 7-9 next yr as of today, which means squat

Washington
Projected 2018 over/under: 7 wins

Arguably the most injury-hit team in football, Jay Gruden's team will hope to get more games -- if not full seasons -- out of impact contributors such as Chris Thompson, Jordan Reed and Trent Williams in 2018. Of course, Washington might be coming back with a totally different team, given that it could move on from Kirk Cousins and cut cornerback Josh Norman, which would slice its most expensive offensive and defensive players off the roster. This total assumes both players stay while Washington allows Bashaud Breeland and Zach Brown to leave in free agency, but much is up in the air.

Last edited by skinsfaninok; 01-19-2018 at 10:21 AM.
skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 03:21 PM   #56
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

Exactly. I dont understand why it is always blame game time and a mystery when things don’t pan out again. There has been one constant and he is responsible for every hire that has been made. Those people, in turn, are in charge of everything else. Seems pretty simple to me.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 03:23 PM   #57
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Exactly. I dont understand why it is always blame game time and a mystery when things don’t pan out again. There has been one constant and he is responsible for every hire that has been made. Those people, in turn, are in charge of everything else. Seems pretty simple to me.
Well it's either gripe about it and deal with it (like a shitty relationship) or move on because Dan is like a woman he is stubborn as fuck and wont leave.
Old 01-20-2018, 11:55 AM   #58
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

This quote by Mike Shanahan is why we can only blame Dan Snyder directly for QB decisions:

"'Dan could care less about the other positions,' the coach (Shanahan) said, by way of explaining why he doesn't consult Snyder about who is playing right guard."

As for the rest of the personnel decisions, I suppose Snyder can only be blamed indirectly for hiring poor executives to work for him.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 12:24 PM   #59
WillH
The Starter

Quote:
Another clear example, look what discussion rules the Redskins right now, Cousins QB decision looms. Why? Complete mismanagement from the fucking top of the organization, AND LETS BE CLEAR, SNYDER IS a MAJOR Decision maker in who the QB is for this Franchise. His voice is among the highest. And its clear at this point, we have fucked it up from day 1. McC who was the GM said sign him....Bruce and Dan refused...now he will most likely walk without compensation.

This is absolutely ridiculous from a business sense. Complete shit show.

Now lets look at recent history with Dan and Bruce and the QB position:

Completely terrible trade for McNabb who the Coach at the time did not want

Completely terrible draft trade for RG3 for a coach who did not want.

And now this garbage with Cousins, the most competent QB of the Snyder era will walk and people are satisfied with no compensation. Terrible business decision.
Based on Kirks comments this year, and Scots, it sounds more like they offered Cousins a contract during the 2015 season, Cousins wanted to but his agent wanted him to wait. After the season, Kirk wanted top be paid a big contract, but based on the talent evaluation of Mccloughan and Gruden they franchised him and said prove it. Cousins played well last year, and than shit the bed when it counted, but the FO still offered him a contract that was a legitimate starting point for negotiations, but Cousins wouldn't negotiate. There is no evidence that Bruce and Snyder interfered. What are you basing that on?

What you are so upset about would make more sense to me if last offseason they had said they were still unsure and wouldn't sign him long-term, but they did try. What should they have done differently?

I agree that if Kirk doesn't want to be here they should try to get compensation for him, and I agree that in hindsight they should have signed him before the first franchise tag, but only because now we now that Cousins would force a second tag, find me one person who said that at the time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 01-20-2018, 01:17 PM   #60
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillH View Post
Based on Kirks comments this year, and Scots, it sounds more like they offered Cousins a contract during the 2015 season, Cousins wanted to but his agent wanted him to wait. After the season, Kirk wanted top be paid a big contract, but based on the talent evaluation of Mccloughan and Gruden they franchised him and said prove it. Cousins played well last year, and than shit the bed when it counted, but the FO still offered him a contract that was a legitimate starting point for negotiations, but Cousins wouldn't negotiate. There is no evidence that Bruce and Snyder interfered. What are you basing that on?

What you are so upset about would make more sense to me if last offseason they had said they were still unsure and wouldn't sign him long-term, but they did try. What should they have done differently?

I agree that if Kirk doesn't want to be here they should try to get compensation for him, and I agree that in hindsight they should have signed him before the first franchise tag, but only because now we now that Cousins would force a second tag, find me one person who said that at the time.
In 2016, I think Snyder and Allen could have locked up Cousins in a 3 year deal around $19.5 mil per year. Instead they lowballed him at $16 mil per year and ended up having to franchise him at $20 mil that year.

They franchised him again in 2017 for $24 mil. The market value per the Stafford, Luck, and Carr contracts is about $25 mil. That's the minimum Kirk's contract will be worth now.

Now they are looking at either paying him $34 mil this year to guarantee him staying, or $28 mil this year and risk someone else taking a gamble on Kirk exceeding that price.

All this versus the Skins FO could have had Kirk locked up at $20 mil the past couple years, and not be looking at the escalating $ tag situation now.... Snyder and Allen screwed up big time.
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote