What Shows Are You Watching?

Parking Lot

Old 01-28-2020, 01:08 PM   #1321
mredskins
MVP

Re: What Shows Are You Watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I'm usually not into fantasy stuff but I like The Witcher so far.
really? I guess i need to keep plugging. I am a bit confused with it. I have just watched one episode

Advertisements
Old 01-28-2020, 03:37 PM   #1322
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
really? I guess i need to keep plugging. I am a bit confused with it. I have just watched one episode
I guess I need to keep plugging as well. ive only watched 1 episode ...
Old 02-14-2020, 10:07 AM   #1323
MTK
\m/

I thought after Escobar went down that Narcos would take a nosedive but I think season 3 is my favorite so far
Old 03-29-2020, 11:41 AM   #1324
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

So with all this down time been watching a lot more tv. As some know, ima big music so I’ve been watching some documentaries on Amazon prime about music:

Hired Gun
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4026034/

About session musicians who play on albums or fill in when they go on tour. Pretty good, all these guys/girls can really play.

Pink Floyd: Making of Wish You Were Hear.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2296909/

Big Floyd fan, this is more than just the album review but the history of Syd Barrett and the band. They don’t have the most intriguing personalities, but when they come together the talent as a unit is second to none.

My favorite of the 3

The Rainbow
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10795414/

Doc about the sunset strip’s iconic venue about the owners and musicians who are they patrons

Think I’m gonna start the Ken Burns documentary on Country Music..

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 11:45 AM   #1325
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

What Shows Are You Watching?

Youtube has a documentary about the wetlands preserve in nyc. Iconic venue that i frequented in the 90’s.
Finally started Ozark on netflix.
Also the Rainbow on Amazon another documentary on iconic venue in Hollywood. I was fortunate enough to sit at the bar one night next to Lemmy and have a beer. We were the only two at the bar. Needless to say I didn’t dare disturb him. Just sat n drank my beer.

Also Chico CBGB on netflix is pretty great.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 11:15 PM   #1326
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Watched all of the Tiger King episodes just to see what all the hype was about, literally think everybody involved with that show is batshit crazy and Netflix should be penalized for giving them free publicity.

Started watching Ozark after that, I'm 5 episodes in. It's a good show and interesting but I feel like it ends with Marty Byrde dying at the end to save his family, or they all die too. There won't be a happy ending for anyone involved.
Old 04-05-2020, 06:58 AM   #1327
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Youtube has a documentary about the wetlands preserve in nyc. Iconic venue that i frequented in the 90’s.
Finally started Ozark on netflix.
Also the Rainbow on Amazon another documentary on iconic venue in Hollywood. I was fortunate enough to sit at the bar one night next to Lemmy and have a beer. We were the only two at the bar. Needless to say I didn’t dare disturb him. Just sat n drank my beer.

Also Chico CBGB on netflix is pretty great.
Yeah I’ve seen that wetlands doc...never went but had a good friend who use to roll there. The Rainbow I mention above is awesome.

He Gets Us
Old 04-10-2020, 11:40 AM   #1328
SunnySide
Playmaker

Black Mirror - watched 3 episodes yesterday, its good. Im about 6 episodes in now ..
Old 04-10-2020, 11:46 AM   #1329
MTK
\m/

Watched this over the weekend, kinda disturbing

Old 04-12-2020, 08:41 AM   #1330
Giantone
Gamebreaker

FOX showing a football game today Easter Sunday at 3:oopm if anyone is interested.
Old 04-15-2020, 10:50 AM   #1331
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8420184/

The Last Dance

This is the first show in a long time, where I've put a calendar reminder on my schedule. Michael Jordan forever changed me as a sports fan...he is an all time favorite athlete of mine...I just love the guy and his competitive demeanor. I'm sure if he played these days people would hate him because he not a coward like Lebron who has to get the best help in the league to win or he didn't try to present a faux persona so many athletes work to contrive these days. Jordan and Bulls were universally loved...not like the Pats or Yankees or Golden State where when you have a dynasty, people eventually grow to dislike or hate....NEVER happened with the Bulls.

But he is greatest all time period and he did it on his terms...he bent to no one's will. He would be considered way too tough these days.

He Gets Us
Old 04-15-2020, 11:07 AM   #1332
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8420184/

The Last Dance

This is the first show in a long time, where I've put a calendar reminder on my schedule. Michael Jordan forever changed me as a sports fan...he is an all time favorite athlete of mine...I just love the guy and his competitive demeanor. I'm sure if he played these days people would hate him because he not a coward like Lebron who has to get the best help in the league to win or he didn't try to present a faux persona so many athletes work to contrive these days. Jordan and Bulls were universally loved...not like the Pats or Yankees or Golden State where when you have a dynasty, people eventually grow to dislike or hate....NEVER happened with the Bulls.

But he is greatest all time period and he did it on his terms...he bent to no one's will. He would be considered way too tough these days.
Looking forward to that. I was a big Jordan fan too, haven't paid much attention to the NBA since he retired. Those Bulls teams were just so much fun to watch.
Old 04-15-2020, 11:33 AM   #1333
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Looking forward to that. I was a big Jordan fan too, haven't paid much attention to the NBA since he retired. Those Bulls teams were just so much fun to watch.
When the Bulls played the Knicks, Pacers or Pistons it used to be cant miss TV. Those gritty games were always full drama and were heated.

You never see a heated game in the NBA, bunch of losers collecting huge paydays.

Soft ass Lebron and Steph Curry trash...they would be laughed off the court. Curry coulda never have played back then cause they woulda knock his teeth out.

He Gets Us
Old 04-15-2020, 11:55 AM   #1334
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
When the Bulls played the Knicks, Pacers or Pistons it used to be cant miss TV. Those gritty games were always full drama and were heated.

You never see a heated game in the NBA, bunch of losers collecting huge paydays.

Soft ass Lebron and Steph Curry trash...they would be laughed off the court. Curry coulda never have played back then cause they woulda knock his teeth out.
Yeah it was like watching two gangs face off in the street

I miss the days of hard fouls lol, back then you had to be tough to drive the lane
Old 04-27-2020, 09:38 AM   #1335
MTK
\m/

Almost forgot how good Rodman was, the guy was a monster on the boards and one of the best defensive players the NBA has seen.