Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Amazon Prime

Parking Lot

Old 01-19-2016, 04:49 PM   #16
That Guy
Living Legend

Re: Amazon Prime

so i mail ordered some food from jet on sunday, got here today. i don't know why mail ordering gatorade 2 day fedex from new jersey is 40% cheaper than buying it locally, but... yeah.

the selection is very hit or miss, and so is the pricing, it's either pretty/really good or terrible, but everything i got was cheap and showed up on time w/o issue.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-20-2016, 08:50 AM   #17
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

anybody have a problem with amazon charging double and refunding stuff...is that normal?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 09:54 AM   #18
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

I haven't, but their customer service is amazing. One thing we've found funny is that if you order something around $15-$20 and you realize you want to return it, they just let you keep it. It seems like the cost of the return is more than what they want to deal with. I'd say we have at least $100+ worth of stuff laying around we wanted to return and they said just to keep it.
Old 01-21-2016, 12:08 AM   #19
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Any one have the echo? Thinking about getting it for my wife.
We have one. Got it on super deal around Xmas. Pretty cool. It's defintely first gen though. Works very well with voice recognition and has some handy features but you can really tell that it is only reaching the tip of its potential. I'll be excited when they can get multiple devices to sync over wifi. That would allow you to play music throughout the home. That is supposedly high on the list of features they're working on for the next gen.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 02:36 PM   #20
metalskins
The Starter

Amazon is definitely a great place for ordering PS4 games! Now if I can just find time to play those games!
Old 02-14-2018, 12:13 PM   #21
Dan73
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
Amazon disciple as well. Totally worth the Prime. Both with the shipping and the video service.
The video service up here is sort of brutal. How is it in the US.

I am looking forward to CBS all access up here.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
Dan73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 02:21 PM   #22
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan73 View Post
The video service up here is sort of brutal. How is it in the US.

I am looking forward to CBS all access up here.

I think it's fantastic. Although, I will say I mostly use AP video to watch my all time favorite show, 24, which is no longer on Netflix in the US. A lot of my son's favorite cartoons are on Amazon as well. Although, I will say, Amazon keeps wanting to up the price every year. Luckily we share the cost with the family which makes it good for us, but if we ever have to pay for prime ourselves, we may have to rethink our strategy.
Old 02-16-2018, 07:05 PM   #23
Dan73
Special Teams

Quote:
I think it's fantastic. Although, I will say I mostly use AP video to watch my all time favorite show, 24, which is no longer on Netflix in the US. A lot of my son's favorite cartoons are on Amazon as well. Although, I will say, Amazon keeps wanting to up the price every year. Luckily we share the cost with the family which makes it good for us, but if we ever have to pay for prime ourselves, we may have to rethink our strategy.
I think the problem with service here in Canada is licensing. If a tv provider owns rights to something it can not be shown on Prime even if they have US rights.

I just got Brit box and it has most of the doctor who's right up to the latest reboot starting with Eccelston.

Old 02-16-2018, 08:30 PM   #24
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
I think the problem with service here in Canada is licensing. If a tv provider owns rights to something it can not be shown on Prime even if they have US rights.

I just got Brit box and it has most of the doctor who's right up to the latest reboot starting with Eccelston.

All of my friends are into Dr. Who. I don't know why I haven't allowed myself to get into it yet.
Old 02-16-2018, 08:35 PM   #25
Dan73
Special Teams

Quote:
All of my friends are into Dr. Who. I don't know why I haven't allowed myself to get into it yet.
Perfect if you want to binge watch something for a few weeks as there are like 30 plus seasons

Old 02-16-2018, 08:37 PM   #26
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

My youngest daughter is a major Doctor Who buff!
Old 02-16-2018, 10:23 PM   #27
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Perfect if you want to binge watch something for a few weeks as there are like 30 plus seasons

Holy Cow! I am supposed to have some jaw surgery soon (if we can get our insurance to cover it) and that might be something good to binge on while I'm off my feet.
Old 02-16-2018, 10:33 PM   #28
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
My youngest daughter is a major Doctor Who buff!
All of my friends love it, but I have yet to see the first episode. Of course, I remember when Smallville was on back in the 90's and all of my friends flocked to it and i never had watched the first episode. Now, about 15 years later, I'm wanting to get into watching Smallville. I think it might be partly longing for the past when I was younger and more carefree, but I'm also trying to catch up on a lot of TV I missed back when I worked nights.
Old 02-16-2018, 10:40 PM   #29
Dan73
Special Teams

Quote:
Holy Cow! I am supposed to have some jaw surgery soon (if we can get our insurance to cover it) and that might be something good to binge on while I'm off my feet.
I am sort of glad they did not have all the streaming services back when I had cancer. I would have never read all the books I did. Now you can just watch all sorts of tv or movies.

Old 03-05-2018, 04:25 PM   #30
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

Prime is worth it for sure. Free 2 day shipping, which sometimes is next day depending on which warehouse has it relative to where you are. Video streaming is great as well. Kindle Borrowing, which I haven't gotten into yet. Echo is on the list as a next tech purchase, may get the echo and dot together.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote