Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

What kind of production does Doctson need in 2019 to stay with on them team ?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-02-2019, 07:05 PM   #61
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Re: What kind of production does Doctson need in 2019 to stay with on them team ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
https://www.espn.com/blog/washington...ost/_/id/38665

"I think I'm hitting free agency next year. I won't be the first, won't be the last," he said. "It's nothing to be sad about, be mad about. Someone wants you there, so it's all love."

So.. Is he even going to make the team? LMAO.
After seeing that article they should just release him now.....if by week 6 Doctson has something like 9 catches for 126 yards and 1 td the team should cut ties....because Doctson will be on his way to yet another below average year.

Advertisements
Old 07-02-2019, 09:40 PM   #62
Schneed10
A Dude

Re: What kind of production does Doctson need in 2019 to stay with on them team ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
After seeing that article they should just release him now.....if by week 6 Doctson has something like 9 catches for 126 yards and 1 td the team should cut ties....because Doctson will be on his way to yet another below average year.
Only if they need the roster spot to fill a hole that may pop up due to injury.

Like him or not he’s still definitely one of our top six WRs - as sad a state of affairs as that is.
Old 07-03-2019, 07:47 AM   #63
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I'm over the dude, time to move on. Rather have Sims and Harris take his role
Old 07-03-2019, 09:05 AM   #64
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

in the article

"We just have to get hopefully more production for [Doctson] and he gets more opportunities," Redskins coach Jay Gruden said. "I can't promise he's going to get a ton of opportunities with the group of guys that we have. With Jordan Reed and Chris Thompson healthy, they're still going get their opportunities. With watching Terry play, he's going to get his, and we haven't even talked about Paul. Trey Quinn is going to get some. The whole intent of this offense is to spread the ball around."

Find your role in the offense. This how other teams have to operate when you don't have a Julio Jones type talent at the #1

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 12:15 PM   #65
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
in the article

"We just have to get hopefully more production for [Doctson] and he gets more opportunities," Redskins coach Jay Gruden said. "I can't promise he's going to get a ton of opportunities with the group of guys that we have. With Jordan Reed and Chris Thompson healthy, they're still going get their opportunities. With watching Terry play, he's going to get his, and we haven't even talked about Paul. Trey Quinn is going to get some. The whole intent of this offense is to spread the ball around."

Find your role in the offense. This how other teams have to operate when you don't have a Julio Jones type talent at the #1
Jordan Reed healthy? Pipe Dream.
In what world does Gruden live in?
This is why our team has issues. Our head coach and FO are actually counting on Jordan Reed to be healthy. What a joke. Reed will have a concussion and strained leg muscle by game 3. If they even let him play. Chances are they will not play him in training Camp and Preseason and wait until game 1 to play him in full contact football.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 12:46 PM   #66
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Jordan Reed healthy? Pipe Dream.
In what world does Gruden live in?
This is why our team has issues. Our head coach and FO are actually counting on Jordan Reed to be healthy. What a joke. Reed will have a concussion and strained leg muscle by game 3. If they even let him play. Chances are they will not play him in training Camp and Preseason and wait until game 1 to play him in full contact football.
Yeah I keep seeing articles saying how important Reed is to the 2019 team... If they are banking on his glass made self we are screwed.
Old 07-03-2019, 02:28 PM   #67
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Yeah I keep seeing articles saying how important Reed is to the 2019 team... If they are banking on his glass made self we are screwed.
I just don't get why he is still on the roster with a 2019 cap hit of $9,674,125.
It is only $3,600,000 cap hit if we release him right now.
That would save us $6,074,125 in cap space and I would sign sign a real LG or a back up LT or a real blocking TE.
Reed's cap hit in 2020 will be $10,300,000.
His cap hit if we release him then will only be $1,800,000.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 12:10 AM   #68
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
I just don't get why he is still on the roster with a 2019 cap hit of $9,674,125.
It is only $3,600,000 cap hit if we release him right now.
That would save us $6,074,125 in cap space and I would sign sign a real LG or a back up LT or a real blocking TE.
Reed's cap hit in 2020 will be $10,300,000.
His cap hit if we release him then will only be $1,800,000.
He hasn't been traded because no one would be interested in him....he hasn't been cut because the coaches still have a glint of hope that he will be more than productive in 2019.....or they could be looking to cut him during the preseason when the first signs show that he is being outshined by three or four other WRs.....
Old 07-09-2019, 12:36 PM   #69
MTK
\m/

Reed is still here because until else someone steps up, he's easily our most proven target (when healthy of course).
Old 07-10-2019, 02:00 AM   #70
Warthog
The Starter

Let's face it - Doctson is a draft bust. The only reason he's still on the team is because we keep letting 1,000 yd WRs move on to other teams. It will be tough to watch DeSean Jackson play against us, back with the Eagles, when we could have kept him. Instead, we keep waiting for the mystical miracle of Doctson playing to his "supposed potential".

He won't be here next year, because he doesn't have what it takes to be a good or even very good WR in the NFL.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 03:34 PM   #71
Burgold
Special Teams

This is it for Doctson,put up or get out,another wasted draft choice.
Burgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 02:52 PM   #72
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
in the article

Exactly, "Spreading it around" means that Doctson won't get much of a chance to excel, even if he had the talent. His time to shine was last season and he just doesn't have it. 2019 is his last year as a Redskin and another WR draft choice down the drain.

Flyboy.

Old 07-13-2019, 03:36 PM   #73
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Fuck Josh Doctson

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 02:18 AM   #74
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Fuck Josh Doctson
You said it! I want to see some of the other WR get some playtime. One or more will have a breakout season. Playing Doctson is just a waste.

Flyboy.

Old 07-18-2019, 11:03 AM   #75
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Reed is still here because until else someone steps up, he's easily our most proven target (when healthy of course).

Same goes for CT. Both guys will probably account for 10-16 missed games this year but when on the field, they are elite.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote