Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

World Cup

Other Sports

Old 06-24-2014, 02:46 PM   #76
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Re: World Cup

Italians got robbed by the refs with the no call on Suarez. A red card for Marchisio , for nothing for Suarez, who bit Chiellini.

Uruguay's Luis Suarez appears to bite Italy's Giorgio Chiellini - ESPN FC

FIFA needs to suspend him for the rest of the World Cup. Fuck this guy. It's his third incident with biting, and lets not forget his handball that cost Ghana a trip to the semi-final. The guy is a all around piece of shit and has no business in this profession.

After looking at it again, that red card on Marchisio was legit.

"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-24-2014, 03:59 PM   #77
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I agree... but I said that if AP TRAINED for soccer he could probably do it and get down to around 180lbs or so. Chris Johnson is another guy that could probably do it. Their training would be more for endurance. Now the skill part of it is a different story and that's what's in these videos. Handling the ball with your feet and so forth, they'd obviously have serious issues there as that's a skill that's developed over time. But we're talking about who's the better athlete.
B/c the muscular coordination, vision, dexterity, short area quickness, and foot speed of soccer players soccer players has nothing to do with their athleticism.
Old 06-24-2014, 05:56 PM   #78
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Jozy is going to be gone the rest of the WC.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 06-24-2014, 06:29 PM   #79
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
One thing I've notice some pretty amazing smokin hot female fans in the stands for the World Cup. I've been impressed.
Well it is Brazil
Old 06-25-2014, 07:54 AM   #80
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Cool Re: World Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I'd watch preseason NFL over any World Cup games.
And we have a winner.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 07:56 AM   #81
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Ruhskins is right. Watching Premiere League/La Liga/Serie A is totally different than watching the World Cup. Premiere League/La Liga/Serie A is like us watching the our favorite teams in football. Some teams suck, some teams are stacked. Probably won't mean much if you aren't a fan of the sport or one of those teams.

World Cup soccer on the other hand is amazing. The competition is spread throughout the teams and anything can really happen in the games as we've seen so far. When two NFL/NBA/MLB teams play each other, what are they playing for other than a mere "win" in the column? The World Cup is national pride, and it feels great when your home country wins a game against other countries. I've never walked away with the same feeling about a win from the Redskins as I have when the US team wins in the WC. It's not even remotely close. National pride trumps all. The closest would be if the Skins beat the Cowboys to win the division (like 2012) or if they win the SB.

The World Cup TV ratings have surpassed that of the NBA Finals and the World Series. That's saying a lot.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/24/bu...ings.html?_r=0

I'm ashamed of you Matty. I expected more.

You guys need to get together with some friends at a bar and watch a US world cup match. It's electric when the whole place goes apeshit after a score. Sat with a guy who has never watched a WC game until Sunday and he loved it. Knew nothing about it, but walked away being a fan of WC soccer.

To be fair the NBA finals and World Series were pretty boring the last 2 years. Except the 2013 NBA Finals.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:44 AM   #82
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Well it is Brazil
true, i just never thought they would be so far ahead of the SEC football games.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:32 AM   #83
HoustonSkinsFan
Camp Scrub

I'm liking the US chances of advancing tomorrow; I think they'll be able to hold their own against Germany (maybe a1-0 loss) and I think Portugal will beat Ghana, but not by the 5 goals they need. Ghana will be without arguably their best player so far, Mubhari, who got his second yellow against Germany and has to miss the Portugal game.
HoustonSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:53 AM   #84
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonSkinsFan View Post
I'm liking the US chances of advancing tomorrow; I think they'll be able to hold their own against Germany (maybe a1-0 loss) and I think Portugal will beat Ghana, but not by the 5 goals they need. Ghana will be without arguably their best player so far, Mubhari, who got his second yellow against Germany and has to miss the Portugal game.
Portugal will still be short handed against Ghana so not sure they make it past them to be honest, and highly doubtful they get the goal count needed even if they do.

Also, this guy needs psychiatric help.

Old 06-25-2014, 10:46 AM   #85
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Disciplinary proceedings opened against Luis Suarez - FIFA.com

Hopefully they ban this clown for a while.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:19 PM   #86
over the mountain
Playmaker

big WC fan.

Hard to understand how a sports fan couldnt be.

Its like sports fans who dont like football (nfl), just hard for me to understand but to each his own.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 06:15 PM   #87
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonSkinsFan View Post

I back the USA ,I would love for them to move on but without Altidore and Dempsey playing with a broken face and while I think he has done ok Bradley I don't think can handle Germany, I just can't see it .If the USA keeps it to 2-0 for Germany it will be amazing.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:35 PM   #88
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 09:36 AM   #89
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

BBC Sport - World Cup 2014: Boateng and Muntari expelled by Ghana

Don't see this often, but it hurts their slim chances of advancing.

Also, your excused absence for the game today.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:39 AM   #90
HoustonSkinsFan
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Portugal will still be short handed against Ghana so not sure they make it past them to be honest, and highly doubtful they get the goal count needed even if they do.
Why will Portugal be short handed? I must've missed something. Other than injuries they already have. They'll get Pepe back as well, but he's a knucklehead.

My earlier post I meant Muntari (not Mubhari, brain fart), who has been suspended and sent home along with Kevin Prince-Boateng. Interesting development, and I like Portugal there. Hopefully Ghana has enough pride to keep it close, but Muntari was a huge part of the draw against Germany.

The X factor is Ghana boycotting the match, and who knows what happens then! I doubt that will happen though.
HoustonSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote