2011 Draft Thread Round 1

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-29-2011, 12:52 PM   #1096
Terpfan76
Special Teams

Re: 2011 Draft Thread Round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
The sad part is you've actually made yourself think that its true. Who would ever compare two mediocre position players like them with Kaepernick who is 6'5" and has freakish athletic ability to go with great mobility? I'm not saying he is a day 1 starter. However I think he can be a good quarterback for us and saying he is a wasted pick is absurd!
Unless they could get him later, I agree that it would more than likely be a wasted pick. We have too many other spots to try and fill than to take a big risk on a qb that may be good, but just as likely and perhaps more than likely, will never be the franchise qb that we desperately need. This class just lacks that type of qb. Next year looks to be the better draft qb wise.
Terpfan76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-29-2011, 01:18 PM   #1097
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I have news for them. They're not. Their defense got taken apart by Green Bay. This guy better be in the class of a T.O. or Randy Moss. Otherwise they got taken. Way too many picks to give up for a rookie wr.
Hey, I was not arguing that they are just one player away. I simply argued that they seem to think so. I agree with you.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:51 PM   #1098
Son Of Man
Impact Rookie

As much as I approve as the trade down, pick up a stud in Kerrigan and an extra 2nd round pick.....

I HATE TENESSEE!!!!!!!!!!! $#%*y(u&*%&#%#^
Old 04-29-2011, 02:18 PM   #1099
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Of Man View Post
As much as I approve as the trade down, pick up a stud in Kerrigan and an extra 2nd round pick.....

I HATE TENESSEE!!!!!!!!!!! $#%*y(u&*%&#%#^
I love Bud Adams right now. He made the blunder so we won't have to.

He'll be flipping off Locker from the owner's box by week 6.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:39 PM   #1100
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
The sad part is you've actually made yourself think that its true. Who would ever compare two mediocre position players like them with Kaepernick who is 6'5" and has freakish athletic ability to go with great mobility? I'm not saying he is a day 1 starter. However I think he can be a good quarterback for us and saying he is a wasted pick is absurd!
Whose to say Kaepernick is going to be good, because those guys coming out of college had those measuables that Kaepernick has that makes you want him.

The thing I don't like about Kaepernick, is the offense he played in, the competition he went against, and the fact that he can't read defenses. He reminds me of an Alex Smith, Nate Davis type of QB.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:27 PM   #1101
REDSKINZ-RIDEORDIE
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post

Kaepernick is a wasted pick when we can get someone like Rodney Hudson or Wisnewski to protect a decent QB of the future

Totally agree, I WANT A CENTER, and I dont want to pick up one in the 7th round or some UFA. Grab a high tier center if he is available. Rabach has to go. Our interior line needs help, and center would be a perfect position to address. I dont want Mallet or any of these other suspect QBs. The next QB we draft needs to be a stud, no more Patrick Ramseys and Jason Campbells to waist 3 years on trying to figure out if they got IT or not.
REDSKINZ-RIDEORDIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:41 PM   #1102
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINZ-RIDEORDIE View Post
Totally agree, I WANT A CENTER, and I dont want to pick up one in the 7th round or some UFA. Grab a high tier center if he is available. Rabach has to go. Our interior line needs help, and center would be a perfect position to address. I dont want Mallet or any of these other suspect QBs. The next QB we draft needs to be a stud, no more Patrick Ramseys and Jason Campbells to waist 3 years on trying to figure out if they got IT or not.
We run a ZBS, so a guy like Kelce is totally possible.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:43 PM   #1103
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINZ-RIDEORDIE View Post
It doesn't seem like there are any available. Though technically we do have a fourth round pick Center in Kory L (drafted by Shanny the year he was fired). So the real solution might be finding a Guard that allows Kory to move back to his natural position. And if you look at the history of Shanahan lineman rounds 3-5 are the sweet spot.

Dan Neil 3rd round 96
Matt Lepsis Undrafted 96

Lennie Friedman G 2nd round last pick 1999

Cooper Carlisle Round 4 2000

Ben Hamilton Guard Round 4 2001

George Foster Tackle Round 1 2004

Chris Meyers Round 4 2005

Chris Kuper Round 5 2006

Kory Lichtensteiger 2008 Round 4

Ryand Clady 2008 Round 1

Ryan Harris 2007 Round 3

Trent Williams 2010 Round 1

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote