Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 03:46 PM   #1021
skinster
Impact Rookie

Re: Redskins, Cowboys could go “nuclear” over cap mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Alright, let's stay on topic. This thread was painful enough as is.
gotchya. read it a little late.

Advertisements
Old 05-12-2012, 04:13 PM   #1022
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

It's ok to feel if you must win even the most meaningless of games due to "ethics", but don't complain one iota about the pain from the costs associated with it(like lost draft picks for a trade up), because that's a part of upholding said "ethics".
I will be waiting to see how people respond to the first round of the draft in the next couple of years. Someone will probably be moping about not being able to pick in the first round.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:58 PM   #1023
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post

Maybe we should open a thread for fans who just want to argue about nothing at all.

....then you would be exstremskins.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:59 AM   #1024
Bubba305-ST21-
Impact Rookie

i thought about making a new thread about this but i didnt feel like getting bitched at but....what if the penalty nevery happend and we had all of our cap space, what do you think we would have done differently and who would we have targeted? i think we would have surely picked up either grubbs or nicks and brought back LaRon for a cheap 1 year deal
never another.....R.I.P. Sean T #21
Old 05-15-2012, 10:10 AM   #1025
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Eric Winston and Vincent Jackson
Old 05-15-2012, 10:18 AM   #1026
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinster View Post
First of all, 2-14 would have given us the first overall pick because of the tiebreaker.
Second of all, I want to say for a third time in this thread, I'm not saying that the coaches should coach to lose, or the players play to lose, I know that is impossible to pull off and if it wasn't, it would lessen the product of the NFL to have any team tank any game. I'm saying that from a fan perspective it would have been beneficial for us to lose 3 more games. Do you see the difference?
I understand you're getting a little defensive here because nobody agrees with your perspective, but I'm not trying to get into a serious discussion about this.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:23 PM   #1027
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinster View Post
First of all, 2-14 would have given us the first overall pick because of the tiebreaker.
Second of all, I want to say for a third time in this thread, I'm not saying that the coaches should coach to lose, or the players play to lose, I know that is impossible to pull off and if it wasn't, it would lessen the product of the NFL to have any team tank any game. I'm saying that from a fan perspective it would have been beneficial for us to lose 3 more games. Do you see the difference?
you do realize that if shanahan deliberately tanked any games, he'd lose all respect and credibility in the locker room and would lose the team, probably for good. in addition, if word ever got out that the skins deliberately tanked games to get a higher draft pick (and word would get out), i'm pretty sure the league would strip them of draft picks and/or salary cap space.

so no, it would not have been beneficial for us in the long run. everyone is entitled to an opinion, but yours is ridiculously stupid.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:59 PM   #1028
MTK
\m/

This thread has clearly run it's course. We'll have a new one when a decision comes down from the arbitration.