Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?
Yes - fire him now 11 6.51%
Wait til after the season to decide 38 22.49%
No 120 71.01%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 05:09 PM   #31
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I'd like to join your nutshell sir, that sounds like a decent start. I would look to young up-and-comers for the defensive side of the ball too, doesn't matter if they're 3-4 or 4-3 guys, as long as they have the right pedigree. If that means switching back to a 4-3 I'm alright with that, we'd already have a good pair of bookend DE's in Kerrigan and Rak, plus I'd be more comfortable with Cofield as a DT in a 4-3. Let Riley take over the middle, slide K. Robinson and someone else to outside 'backers and then overhaul our secondary in FA.
I dunno. Switching back to a defensive scheme we're familiar with sounds like too much of a coherent plan.

Time to switch to Tampa 2.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.

Advertisements
Old 10-28-2012, 05:10 PM   #32
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Listen it's not all Mike's fault but this team isn't getting much better by the seasons he's been here which is 3 now. Like I said in the postgame thread, RG3 is making MS look good this year BUT he is also making it easier for a rookie to come in and be effective. Honestly I think Griffin is the type of QB any coach could win with.

3-5 after 8 games which is on pace for 6-10 again. Question is who do u replace Mike with?
Old 10-28-2012, 05:12 PM   #33
ethat001
Impact Rookie

Thread fail
Old 10-28-2012, 05:12 PM   #34
44ever

Old 10-28-2012, 05:13 PM   #35
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Funny, I'm tired of the exact opposite.

Why shouldn't the WR's get raked over the coals for all the drops?
They should Matty as should the turnover issue last week be put on the players. However arent these Shannys guys that are playing like jerks? I dont think its possible to always point to the lack of talent without than pointing to the guy who assembled it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-28-2012, 05:14 PM   #36
redskins5044
Playmaker

Fire all the coaches tomorrow and move the franchise to London.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:15 PM   #37
44ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
They should Matty as should the turnover issue last week be put on the players. However arent these Shannys guys that are playing like jerks? I dont think its possible to always point to the lack of talent without than pointing to the guy who assembled it?

Gotta share the love... Speaking of love Giants 22 Dallas 0.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:16 PM   #38
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44ever View Post
The guys that agreed to bring him on the team.
Hello there. Congratulations for going to the place where nobody wants to go! The land of truth.

Old 10-28-2012, 05:17 PM   #39
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Listen it's not all Mike's fault but this team isn't getting much better by the seasons he's been here which is 3 now. Like I said in the postgame thread, RG3 is making MS look good this year BUT he is also making it easier for a rookie to come in and be effective. Honestly I think Griffin is the type of QB any coach could win with.

3-5 after 8 games which is on pace for 6-10 again. Question is who do u replace Mike with?
This is the other part of my problem. He's only been here 3 years and with a franchise that is/was in rebuilding mode. The last coach that coached here for over 3 years was NORV TURNER and they fired him in 2000. All other coaches have been here for 3 years or less.

To me that's a glaring consistency problem.

Except Zorn. He needed to go.

Old 10-28-2012, 05:19 PM   #40
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
"I broke my finger"
"Take off the whole arm!"
If 3-5 is a broken finger than, never mind. Just never mind.

Old 10-28-2012, 05:19 PM   #41
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Wow, just wow.

Up to today's game I would have said let Mike finish the season, because it is really tough on a locker room to change HCs mid-season. But today, this franchise is at the same low-point it experienced with Zorn. The "moment" came when we sent RGIII out for a pass today, against arguably the nastiest defense in football. We are sooooooo lucky RG3 didn't sustain a concussion, and at this moment I'm sure Snyder is debating whether he needs to "protect" is prized investment.

But like every other game since the season opener, it's not just about one play. The play-calling/play-design was an embarrassment to pro football from the very first series, which really set the tone for the rest of the game btw. This isn't a serious football team, period.

Mike Shanahan is more responsible for his team's failure than any current NFL coach. This was also true last year btw, when we saw a few HCs get canned mid-season. Mike destroyed a very competitive, near elite, defense, and he turned the offense over to Jim Zorn aka Kyle Shanahan.

By the end of the season most of you will want Mike gone, but there's no reason to wait that long. He's bringing embarrassment on the franchise. Time to move on....
Old 10-28-2012, 05:21 PM   #42
44ever

Quote:
Hello there. Congratulations for going to the place where nobody wants to go! The land of truth.

It sure is lonely out here. Thanks for visiting
Old 10-28-2012, 05:22 PM   #43
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Wow, just wow.

Up to today's game I would have said let Mike finish the season, because it is really tough on a locker room to change HCs mid-season. But today, this franchise is at the same low-point it experienced with Zorn. The "moment" came when we sent RGIII out for a pass today, against arguably the nastiest defense in football. We are sooooooo lucky RG3 didn't sustain a concussion, and at this moment I'm sure Snyder is debating whether he needs to "protect" is prized investment.

But like every other game since the season opener, it's not just about one play. The play-calling/play-design was an embarrassment to pro football from the very first series, which really set the tone for the rest of the game btw. This isn't a serious football team, period.

Mike Shanahan is more responsible for his team's failure than any current NFL coach. This was also true last year btw, when we saw a few HCs get canned mid-season. Mike destroyed a very competitive, near elite, defense, and he turned the offense over to Jim Zorn aka Kyle Shanahan.

By the end of the season most of you will want Mike gone, but there's no reason to wait that long. He's bringing embarrassment on the franchise. Time to move on....
You mention the locker room, which makes me wonder...

How do you all think locker room morale is?

With RG3 back there, I think the locker room might be good. Without him, I think chaos.

I'm not saying that the guys are throwing fists back there, but I can't imagine that it's not downright dreary back there some Sundays.

Old 10-28-2012, 05:22 PM   #44
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Wow, just wow.

He just needs two more years to figure it out Goat. Why the long face? Lol.

Old 10-28-2012, 05:24 PM   #45
44ever

Quote:
He just needs two more years to figure it out Goat. Why the long face? Lol.

It's been 2 more years for 20 years now... Ahhh, a new sig idea...
Closed Thread