Falcons pregame thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-29-2021, 11:29 AM   #46
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Re: Falcons pregame thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
We say that every time he's hired a coach since Jim Zorn.
Ron didn't start Haskins because he was prepared and the best QB on the team last year, He started Haskins because that's Dans guy.

Nothing has changed.
Dan is still drafting the top 3 rounds.
I think being new he wanted to give Dan's guy a shot. IMO bad mistake. But I give Ron credit he cut him during the season once he saw we were going nowhere w/ him.

Synder has not drafted anyone after Haskins.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-29-2021, 12:01 PM   #47
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Cosmi, Scherff, Flowers all w PFF grades above 70
Roullier 64
Leno 69
Cosmi was on their team of the week at RT, NOT the rookie team of the week, but the whole NFL. They mentioned his Pass protection is getting better each week (as you would hope) but he is looking like a very solid 2nd round pick at the very least, a looooong time since we had one of those.
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 12:04 PM   #48
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Quote:
T SAMUEL COSMI, WASHINGTON FOOTBALL TEAM
PFF overall grade: 72.3

Cosmi has turned things around in a big way after getting baptized by Joey Bosa in Week 1. Over the last two weeks, he’s allowed only one pressure on 86 pass-blocking snaps. That’s quite the start for the rookie after switching from left tackle to right tackle this year.
Better than any other rookie Tackle, including Slater and Sewell
Old 09-29-2021, 12:05 PM   #49
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Of course not everyone puts any faith in what PFF say, so take it as you like
Old 09-29-2021, 01:27 PM   #50
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

I like the production we are getting from Cosmi. Makes up for the lack thereof we are getting from Davis. I know he is limited in snaps but it is frustrating to see how glaring our LB weakness is and knowing we have to take baby steps with our first rounder.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 01:39 PM   #51
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

"We are not where we need to be and we all need to understand that" RR

Um what does that mean Ron? Are you throwing in the towel already? Or is he just letting us know we will suck this yr
Old 09-29-2021, 01:40 PM   #52
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

I think we hit on Davis, Cosmi, and Juste. They are already looking like at least league average starters. Pretty good after only 3 games.

I still have high hopes for Dyami. But WRs take longer in general, and he wasn't asked to do much in UNCs offense (in terms of route tree). He was a stud running basically 2 routes.

The rest of the guys, the jury is still out (if still on the team).

Last edited by sdskinsfan2001; 09-29-2021 at 02:11 PM.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 01:43 PM   #53
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Yeah, Davis was projected to be the defensive rookie of the year by some. That was a lofty goal in the first place, considering he only had 11 college starts, but it's hard to be the defensive rookie of the year when you are not playing much. Looks like his snap counts are increasing though, so hopefully he can start having the impact many expected. Going to need the guys in front of him to do their part though.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 01:44 PM   #54
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Ron when asked about Kyle Allen taking over if TH struggles " I have not considered that at all"
Old 09-29-2021, 01:45 PM   #55
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post

Um what does that mean Ron? Are you throwing in the towel already? Or is he just letting us know we will suck this yr
I think he means that the team, and the players on the team - especially the defensive players, need to understand that just because the media and others outside of the organization crowned them as a top 5 defense, doesn't mean that they are, or that it happens without putting in the work.
Old 09-29-2021, 03:28 PM   #56
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

He just is not a very good coach. It is why he usually loses more games than he wins. It is why he got fired. It is why his former team is now improved after one year.

If we lose to Atlanta you really have to ask yourself how many games left on our schedule we are capable of winning. I mean if this guy goes backwards and wins 3-4 games this year it might be time for him to walk away.

After Gruden I had extremely high hopes for Ron, but after watching these first 20 games (8-12), I feel like Panther fans are laughing at me. There is a real good chance he has more than twice as many losses as wins here after two years. I dont know how you continue to roll with that into a third year. It fuckin blows. I miss the 80’s.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 03:34 PM   #57
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Ron when asked about Kyle Allen taking over if TH struggles " I have not considered that at all"

Now I would imagine that is Ron trying to give a boost of confidence to TH. Which is fine, except u basically just told your current backup quarterback (who easily could be seeing playing time this year with TH’s injury history) that he is such a turd nugget that you basically forgot he was on the team. How about you say something like “i have faith in both Taylor and Kyle”. Isn’t that like coaching psychology 101?
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 03:47 PM   #58
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
He just is not a very good coach..
I think he is a good Head Coach. A leader of men. A Head Coach doesnt need to be the X and Os guy on offense or defense. RR allocates a good bit to his OC and DC.

We have had mostly bad QB play for the 20 games he has been here. it makes everything so much more difficult.

We tried for Stafford and hoped Fitz would buy us 1 year of serviceable play. While Heinike can scramble, I think he is handicapping the offensive playbook and not seeing the field, not getting the ball out on time as intended. 1/4 of the plays it doesnt matter what Turner called bc Heinike doesnt execute it and reverts to his legs or broken play backyard football.

Lets give RR, Del Rio and Turner the season to see if they can adjust things and improve.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 03:49 PM   #59
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
I think he is a good Head Coach. A leader of men. A Head Coach doesnt need to be the X and Os guy on offense or defense. RR allocates a good bit to his OC and DC.

We have had horrible QB play for the 20 games he has been here. it makes everything so much more difficult.

We tried for Stafford and hoped Fitz would buy us 1 year of serviceable play. While Heinike can scramble, I think he is handicapping the offensive playbook and not seeing the field, not getting the ball out on time as intended. 1/4 of the plays it doesnt matter what Turner called bc Heinike doesnt execute it and reverts to his legs or broken play backyard football.

Lets give RR, Del Rio and Turner the season to see if they can adjust things and improve.
Yep - agreed.
Old 09-29-2021, 03:51 PM   #60
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Now I would imagine that is Ron trying to give a boost of confidence to TH. Which is fine, except u basically just told your current backup quarterback (who easily could be seeing playing time this year with TH’s injury history) that he is such a turd nugget that you basically forgot he was on the team. How about you say something like “i have faith in both Taylor and Kyle”. Isn’t that like coaching psychology 101?
Kyle is the backup for a reason. I assume he understands his place on the team by now. There's really no sense in putting additional pressure on TH by answering that question any other way. The last thing this team needs at this point is the starting QB (who has three NFL starts) looking over his shoulder.