Falcons pregame thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-29-2021, 03:54 PM   #61
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Falcons pregame thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Now I would imagine that is Ron trying to give a boost of confidence to TH. Which is fine, except u basically just told your current backup quarterback (who easily could be seeing playing time this year with TH’s injury history) that he is such a turd nugget that you basically forgot he was on the team. How about you say something like “i have faith in both Taylor and Kyle”. Isn’t that like coaching psychology 101?
Yeah and if you are that sold on TH why did you go all in on Fitz? I just don't think Ron has a clue when it comes to QB needs.. He seems like the kind of coach that thinks he can win with anyone

Advertisements
Old 09-29-2021, 04:02 PM   #62
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Yeah and if you are that sold on TH why did you go all in on Fitz? I just don't think Ron has a clue when it comes to QB needs.. He seems like the kind of coach that thinks he can win with anyone

Guess he has short and long term memory loss. His best season , by far, was with an MVP quarterback. Other than that he has not been very successful.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 04:04 PM   #63
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Falcons pregame thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Kyle is the backup for a reason. I assume he understands his place on the team by now. There's really no sense in putting additional pressure on TH by answering that question any other way. The last thing this team needs at this point is the starting QB (who has three NFL starts) looking over his shoulder.

How is saying “i have faith in both guys” putting any pressure at all on TH? Not only would TH probably understand the answer, but I really doubt he is looking over his shoulder at Kyle Allen regardless of what anyone says. Hell I dont think I would and the last time I played quarterback was with the neighborhood crew when i was 9 years old.

Also of course Kyle Allen is happy to even be a backup and i agree he knows that but if he gets put in a game you don’t want comments like that running through your brain I would imagine.
Old 09-29-2021, 04:57 PM   #64
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

"I have not considered replacing TH with KA at all" is much more of a vote of confidence than "I have faith in both Taylor and Kyle". Both can certainly be true...but as the starter, I'd much rather hear the former.

My guess is both Kyle and Taylor know the coach has faith in them, or they wouldn't be on the team.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 05:00 PM   #65
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
one ugly loss and I feel like we are collectively unraveling around here

I think RR and our situation proves just how hard it is to find a top 15 type Qb. He tried for Stafford, settled for Fitz over the other less than desirable options.

I think RR would give his best pinky for a competent QB right now.

-------------

Im guessing we see Allen before Fitz is cleared to play. Still early. Heinike still gets 2 or so more games but his window is closing. Question is .. does Heinke's grit and off schedule abilities outweigh Allen's ability to get the ball out quickly and to teh right guy.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 05:14 PM   #66
calia
Playmaker

I just read that Matt Ryan is 5-0 against us. Danny Jones was 4-0 against us. They both get their first L against us, finally.

WFT 26
ATL 20

Not a good enough game to cheer many of us up that much, but 2-2 is better than the alternative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-29-2021, 05:15 PM   #67
calia
Playmaker

I should add that if ATL marches down the field for a td in the opening drive, RR should walk over to JDR and slap him silly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-29-2021, 05:46 PM   #68
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
one ugly loss and I feel like we are collectively unraveling around here.
It is more than one ugly loss. It is three butt ugly games by our defense, a starting quarterback getting hurt…again…and we are facing a gauntlet of a schedule. Green Bay had one ugly loss, and their fan base should not unravel. We have been unraveling since the dawn of man it feels like, in other words we have all seen this movie before and we know how it ends. Tears, pain, in fighting on these threads, and pretending we no longer care about football lol.

Sorry. It is too easy to be negative with this team, because I am going to be correct like 80 % of the time and who doesn’t like being correct?

However in the name of hopes and dreams IF we do win Sunday, and clearly we SHOULD be able to we are 2-2 and than you cross your fingers and pray as we run the gauntlet. If we lose to Atlanta than there will be no more talk of hopes and dreams in 2021.

In all actuality this game is as code red as code red gets. It is like fire engine red code red.
Old 09-29-2021, 05:47 PM   #69
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Any word on how Curtis Samuel fared at practice today?
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 07:41 PM   #70
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Any word on how Curtis Samuel fared at practice today?

No news is good news….
Old 09-30-2021, 03:08 AM   #71
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
It is more than one ugly loss. It is three butt ugly games by our defense, a starting quarterback getting hurt…again…and we are facing a gauntlet of a schedule. Green Bay had one ugly loss, and their fan base should not unravel. We have been unraveling since the dawn of man it feels like, in other words we have all seen this movie before and we know how it ends. Tears, pain, in fighting on these threads, and pretending we no longer care about football lol.

Sorry. It is too easy to be negative with this team, because I am going to be correct like 80 % of the time and who doesn’t like being correct?

However in the name of hopes and dreams IF we do win Sunday, and clearly we SHOULD be able to we are 2-2 and than you cross your fingers and pray as we run the gauntlet. If we lose to Atlanta than there will be no more talk of hopes and dreams in 2021.

In all actuality this game is as code red as code red gets. It is like fire engine red code red.
I know "should be able to win" and "should win" are not the same thing.
But I have a hard time with this narration that the Falcons are worse than us. We're coming off a beat down and they are coming off a win. It's a show down between two really bad teams at the moment.
I hope we win, but to me it's a toss up.

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 09-30-2021, 03:12 AM   #72
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
I think he is a good Head Coach. A leader of men. A Head Coach doesnt need to be the X and Os guy on offense or defense. RR allocates a good bit to his OC and DC.

We have had mostly bad QB play for the 20 games he has been here. it makes everything so much more difficult.

We tried for Stafford and hoped Fitz would buy us 1 year of serviceable play. While Heinike can scramble, I think he is handicapping the offensive playbook and not seeing the field, not getting the ball out on time as intended. 1/4 of the plays it doesnt matter what Turner called bc Heinike doesnt execute it and reverts to his legs or broken play backyard football.

Lets give RR, Del Rio and Turner the season to see if they can adjust things and improve.
I do think RR is a good coach, and I want to believe he's a good leader... But he hasn't proven that so far.
It's now 3 weeks in a row that he's saying guys are not doing what they're asked to do, not playing their responsibilities. And it's getting worse.
A good leader either gets these guys in line or finds a way to have them buy into what they're doing. Clearly neither our DEs nor the secondary are.
That doesn't speak to Ron's leadership abilities IMO.

I hope he, and they, shut all us negative Nancys up really quick but...

Old 09-30-2021, 05:42 AM   #73
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
"We are not where we need to be and we all need to understand that" RR

Um what does that mean Ron? Are you throwing in the towel already? Or is he just letting us know we will suck this yr
Is that really an idea you are considering?

It sounds to me like he's saying we're underperforming and everybody needs to understand it.

Don't get the lifeboats ready just yet.
Old 09-30-2021, 08:57 AM   #74
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Too late man, they're clearing the slipway and paging the lifeboat crew as we speak.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 09:01 AM   #75
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
I know "should be able to win" and "should win" are not the same thing.
But I have a hard time with this narration that the Falcons are worse than us. We're coming off a beat down and they are coming off a win. It's a show down between two really bad teams at the moment.
I hope we win, but to me it's a toss up.

I'd prefer to think of it as a meeting between a stoppable force and a moveable object
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote