Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Coronavirus (non political)

Parking Lot

Old 08-20-2021, 11:05 AM   #946
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: Coronavirus (non political)

Good news on the vaccine front. Huge jumps in vaccination rates. Gives me hope.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ine-doses.html
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-20-2021, 11:06 AM   #947
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Coronavirus (non political)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
So you seriously think recognizing that the origin of the virus…the single biggest event since 9/11…is shit talking China?

You rather not speak on a major development of covid because in your mind this isn’t fair to China or something?

I believe it is because this is the non political version not because he has a soft spot for China. Clearly your comment belongs there.

When you are over there in that thread remember one thing Chico. Science is not politics. Scientists do not tell you what you want to hear. They tell you what they know when they know it. They simply follow data. So it is quite possible that at one point they believe one thing than data catches up and they draw another logical conclusion based on it. This is why masks and shots and origins and everything else related to the virus changes. Because data changes. Not because they are “backtracking “ or were lying. It is what you, and millions of other people do not understand and it is the sole reason this has become politicized. Because people like you are chomping at the bit to point fingers. Now when Trump says it is the flu and than you hear a tape recording of him saying its deadly - that is lying. When Trump mocks masks and says the boosters are a cash grab for the pharmaceutical companies- that is lying. Yet here you are blaming CNN and the Libs. You are embarrassing yourself. We can discuss this further in the non political thread but unlike Mooby im unable to leave your comment alone. Sorry Mooby. Lets take it over there Chico.
Old 08-23-2021, 11:07 AM   #948
kppk28
Camp Scrub

70 percent despite i saw that mississippi is one of the worst impacted places on the globe for covid. no matter what happens the south always seems to get screwed.
kppk28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 11:38 AM   #949
MTK
\m/

The south screw themselves.

Good news today the FDA has fully approved the Pfizer vaxx.
Old 08-23-2021, 03:16 PM   #950
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
The south screw themselves.

Good news today the FDA has fully approved the Pfizer vaxx.
It is good news but IMO if the fools that haven't gotten a vaccine shot by now they never will.
Old 08-25-2021, 01:02 PM   #951
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I had to take my dad to one of Northern VA's best ranked hospitals last night after an emergency call from his doctor revealed a blood infection from his test on Monday - probably stemming from his pancreatitis that we've been dealing with since June. 5 hours - just to see a doctor who didn't show up until 1:30 this morning. We walked through the ER on the way to get a ct scan an hour after we arrived (to a full ER waiting room) - literally every available space in the ER had a bed in it and every bed was full. I've never seen anything like it - and this includes the last 4 hospital ER's I've been in with my dad and the 30+ times I've visited him in various hospitals since June. People of all ages and sizes sick, curled up in pain, screaming, thrashing, too weak to move and barely able to complain about their struggles breathing. We had to wait 5 hours just to get a bed in the ER - my dad is still there at the time of this post in the ER waiting for a non-ER bed to open up for him to be admitted.

If you are getting your information from the internet - or from entertainment companies - and not from a legitimate doctor - and you don't have pre-existing conditions that make it uncertain - please get the shot. The FDA would not ruin their credibility approving a vaccine that has no business being approved. This virus is not a partisan virus. It will kill anybody - and there is a vaccine out there that will at least give you a dog in the fight. Help yourself - and help everybody you love and care about. Get the shot.
Old 08-25-2021, 01:41 PM   #952
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I had to take my dad to one of Northern VA's best ranked hospitals last night after an emergency call from his doctor revealed a blood infection from his test on Monday - probably stemming from his pancreatitis that we've been dealing with since June. 5 hours - just to see a doctor who didn't show up until 1:30 this morning. We walked through the ER on the way to get a ct scan an hour after we arrived (to a full ER waiting room) - literally every available space in the ER had a bed in it and every bed was full. I've never seen anything like it - and this includes the last 4 hospital ER's I've been in with my dad and the 30+ times I've visited him in various hospitals since June. People of all ages and sizes sick, curled up in pain, screaming, thrashing, too weak to move and barely able to complain about their struggles breathing. We had to wait 5 hours just to get a bed in the ER - my dad is still there at the time of this post in the ER waiting for a non-ER bed to open up for him to be admitted.

If you are getting your information from the internet - or from entertainment companies - and not from a legitimate doctor - and you don't have pre-existing conditions that make it uncertain - please get the shot. The FDA would not ruin their credibility approving a vaccine that has no business being approved. This virus is not a partisan virus. It will kill anybody - and there is a vaccine out there that will at least give you a dog in the fight. Help yourself - and help everybody you love and care about. Get the shot.
Prayers to your dad, hope he gets out soon healthy.
Old 08-25-2021, 02:42 PM   #953
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

That’s rough…sorry to hear this is going on.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 03:11 PM   #954
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Sorry to hear about your dad Mooby
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 03:14 PM   #955
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

Thoughts and Prayers to your Dad and you!
Old 08-25-2021, 07:57 PM   #956
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

Let us know when he is home safe. Much love brother.
Old 08-25-2021, 09:29 PM   #957
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Thanks guys. Even when he gets out it will be a long and tough road ahead - he has a cyst in his bile duct and he's been on a liquid iv diet for the last 3 weeks that gets injected directly into his arm - so his pancreas will rest and hopefully heal up the cyst caused by a gallstone that was too big to pass. His primary doctor has estimated it could take up to 8 months to return to a normal state where he can eat food again.

The ER - it is hell. My dad was finally able to get a room about 3 hours ago - which is almost 22 hours after arriving at the hospital. Imagine working in that environment - just nonstop patients, no room anywhere, having to prioritize who has higher odds of living, being understaffed and overworked. Meanwhile there are fellow Americans out there accusing you of being some part of a conspiracy to take their freedoms away. This is a situation that is playing out across the country. And it still has the potential to get so much worse.

I long for the days when distrust of leaders only applied to politicians, and not to science. There's nothing sacred anymore.
Old 11-27-2021, 09:38 AM   #958
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.foxnews.com/health/covid...-yet-in-us-cdc

No cases of COVID-19 omicron variant identified yet in US, CDC says
The agency said it expects the variant to be identified quickly if it emerges in the U.S.

New covid variant with mutations identified

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 04:02 PM   #959
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
https://www.foxnews.com/health/covid...-yet-in-us-cdc

No cases of COVID-19 omicron variant identified yet in US, CDC says
The agency said it expects the variant to be identified quickly if it emerges in the U.S.

New covid variant with mutations identified
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-03552-w
Old 11-30-2021, 11:45 AM   #960
MTK
\m/

Only a matter of time before it's here.