Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2019, 01:37 PM   #136
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Trent Williams ends season-long holdout, rejoins Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Whether it's Trent fault or the Redskins, who comes out looking bad? I have never seen an NFL team that fails at PR like the Redskins do.
This is all on Bruce...we could put together a Chappelle Show-like "When Winning Off the Field Goes Wrong" series. Its comical.

He Gets Us

Advertisements
Old 11-08-2019, 03:27 PM   #137
Schneed10
A Dude

Looks like we're going for the nuclear option. Bruce just doesn't get it. Trent is no angel in this entire situation, but this headline is the kind that grabs the attention of the 53 guys in the locker room (some of whom we might want to sign to long term contracts someday), and grabs the attention of every other potential free agent around the NFL.

When you act like a dick, people will treat you like one, Bruce.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ams-51m-salary
Old 11-08-2019, 04:03 PM   #138
Irrefutable
The Starter

What is Trent's cap number this year?
Old 11-08-2019, 05:00 PM   #139
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Looks like we're going for the nuclear option. Bruce just doesn't get it. Trent is no angel in this entire situation, but this headline is the kind that grabs the attention of the 53 guys in the locker room (some of whom we might want to sign to long term contracts someday), and grabs the attention of every other potential free agent around the NFL.

When you act like a dick, people will treat you like one, Bruce.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ams-51m-salary
Bruce/the Skins are gonna get crucified for this, but Trent won't play ball either. I can't support someone who would accuse the team of doing some heinous shit like he is saying, and then ask for the investigation to be called off. If they were truly negligent he'd want to expose them.

Besides, there's a metric fuck-ton of other reasons to hate Bruce and Dan anyways. Also, if we're being totally honest as long as the current regime is in place we're probably going to be disliked by any player looking for more than a payday. Our training staff probably has a terrible reputation, we play in a shitty stadium filled with opposing fans, our practice facility is ancient in league years, and we're ran by one of the worst owners in the NFL and his #2 is regarded as the worst exec in the NFL.
Old 11-08-2019, 05:32 PM   #140
kct1975
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post

Besides, there's a metric fuck-ton of other reasons to hate Bruce and Dan anyways. Also, if we're being totally honest as long as the current regime is in place we're probably going to be disliked by any player looking for more than a payday. Our training staff probably has a terrible reputation, we play in a shitty stadium filled with opposing fans, our practice facility is ancient in league years, and we're ran by one of the worst owners in the NFL and his #2 is regarded as the worst exec in the NFL.

You did an excellent job of listing everything wrong with the Redskins!

And I agree with your assessment that Free Agents are going to stay away from the Redskins.

The Redskins will also be hard pressed to find a decent coach, unless they make Bill Callihan the Head Coach next season.

I really hate being Doom and Gloom about the Redskins, but honestly with Dan Synder and Bruce Allen at the helm, I really don't see too many bright spots.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Old 11-08-2019, 07:27 PM   #141
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Keim has an interesting article, with more from TW. I found this paragraph interesting

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...mpression=true

Quote:
After visiting an oncologist in Chicago recommended by Redskins owner Dan Snyder, Williams returned to his hometown of Houston for another doctors visit. They told him they couldn't get him in for seven to 10 days. When the Chicago oncologist heard this, Williams said he was told there was no guarantee the cancer wouldn't spread. So he returned to Chicago for the surgery. All along he rode on Snyder's plane. After the surgery, though, Williams said he spent $200,000 on travel costs.
Williams said he requested a trade or to be released in a two-hour spring conversation in Houston with Redskins president Bruce Allen. The Redskins did not aggressively shop Williams, though they did have discussions with several teams during the season, hoping to land a playmaker. Multiple sources said some teams backed off when they learned the lineman wanted more money, whether in the form of guarantees in his final two years -- he currently has none -- or in an extension.
All this continues to BA/FO being the problem due to arrogance, but still shows Snyder doing positive things for the individual player. TW looks bad too in my opinion, but the bottom line is still BA needs to be gone, preferably the whole front office.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Old 11-09-2019, 07:33 AM   #142
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct1975 View Post
You did an excellent job of listing everything wrong with the Redskins!

And I agree with your assessment that Free Agents are going to stay away from the Redskins.

The Redskins will also be hard pressed to find a decent coach, unless they make Bill Callihan the Head Coach next season.

I really hate being Doom and Gloom about the Redskins, but honestly with Dan Synder and Bruce Allen at the helm, I really don't see too many bright spots.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Where as many veteran free agents will take less than market rate to play for a well run winner with a good shot at a ring, the Redskins are the opposite of that. Only the guys all about the money will come here and the Redskins will have to over pay to get them. They will continue to build their damn good culture with the Albert Haynesworths of the NFL.
Old 11-09-2019, 11:54 AM   #143
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Whether it's Trent fault or the Redskins, who comes out looking bad? I have never seen an NFL team that fails at PR like the Redskins do.
Think of all the recent disgruntled players Ramsey, clowney , AB, Zeke to name a few. The FO either worked it out if they knew they could or moved them, some old Casey Stengel addition by subtraction. Not the Skins tho.
Old 11-09-2019, 01:59 PM   #144
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Interesting article:

https://thefandc.radio.com/trent-wil...silent-anymore

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 11-09-2019, 04:20 PM   #145
rocnrik
Playmaker

200,000!in travel expenses.. WTF
Old 11-09-2019, 05:01 PM   #146
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
200,000!in travel expenses.. WTF
Maybe he flew via jetpack. My last trip to Chicago cost me $220 roundtrip.
Old 11-09-2019, 05:39 PM   #147
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Trent is a ho

He Gets Us
Old 11-09-2019, 05:59 PM   #148
skinsfan69
Living Legend

The worst could have easily occurred here. That would have been a real mess for the Redskins. Apparently the hole in his head was the size of a softball. WTF? The Redskins no matter what are guilty in the court of public opinion. Bruce, the doctors, trainers, coaches, all need pink slips.
Old 11-10-2019, 03:08 AM   #149
Warthog
The Starter

It doesn’t matter whether this medical issue was mishandled or f-up by TW. TW said before the training camp Started that he WOULD NOT PLAY AGAIN FOR THE REDSKINS AND WANTED A TRADE. This is a fairly common occurrence now in the NFL. OTHER teams either work it out with the star player OR MORE LIKELY TRADE the premium player for the best deal. Simple. The team looks proactive, the player moves to a new team and EVERYONE IS HAPPY!

What does Bruce Allen do? Ignores all calls about a trade. Doesn’t even see what they are offering!! Plays chicken with the best player on the team. States, “He’ll play here this season”. Holds him hostage for the season. “My way or we won’t trade you”. ALL THE TEAMS THAT WERE CALLING (for a trade) EVENTUALLY FILLED THAT HOLE. BA waited until the next to last day before he talked about a trade. Nothing. So BA bold prediction about TW playing this season was wrong. He looked stupid for saying it. His game of chicken failed. He punished Trent in front of the whole NFL and both sideS LOST OUT. Instead of getting rid of deadwood players like Miami did, in order to stockpile draft picks, BA did nothing, proving either he is happy with a single-win season OR he has NO PLAN.

It doesn’t matter WHY TW wanted leave. He made it extremely clear he wanted to be gone. We could have received a First Rounder OR BETTER with an easy trade. Problem solved!

But BA once again decided to do it his way!! He looks bad (again). The team looks as if it likes to punish its best player, a team captain and possibly a future HOFer.!
What does that tell the other players on the team? Or players who might want to play here?

The value of TW is going to be down after the season is over. We have a stop gap 36 year old player in his spot. Scherff is not negotiating anymore. Moses is going to set a record for penalties for an OT. That’s 3 holes in the. OL. Good job Bruce!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Old 11-10-2019, 10:27 AM   #150
OnceWeWereKings
The Starter

I, actually, kind of like the way it was handled. I'm not a fan of a player holding a team hostage with the "pay me or I'm not playing" adage. I talked a ton of shit about zeke when he did it and I will continue to talk shit about any player that signs a contract and then later decides they dont like the terms they agreed to before. I like that the fo showed that you cant make your own rules. Who knows how much this is about health and how much is about money. Try to hold the team hostage, fuck it. Enjoy 0 pay. I wish more teams would employ this type of tact when the player starts saying they deserve more. Then maybe you shouldn't have signed a contract. And since it's worked for a few players, more and more are going to try. It would be a total nightmare with the players who have a few years left on their contracts f the skins bowed down and did whatever tw wanted. Everyone would be threatening to not play or want a trade or more money. Fuck exactly all of that. I'm not a fan of snyder/allen...but I'm glad they set a precedent like this.