NFL Draft Round 1 Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-24-2020, 08:21 AM   #136
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Re: NFL Draft Round 1 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Rodgers could play another 3, 4 or even 5 years. Don't see how that pick makes any sense.
In the championship game AR just looked like he didn't want to be there. Not motivating his teammates, just about as aloof as it gets. Just a guess but I believe the Packers felt like after that ( plus he's 36) they needed to have a replacement plan in place.

The top organizations always draft QB's. What if GB decided to pass on AR when they had Farve? They definitely wouldn't have someone playing that's better than he is.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-24-2020, 08:24 AM   #137
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Not sure I can take another night of the ESPN nonsense. That was brutal last night.
Old 04-24-2020, 08:27 AM   #138
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
In the championship game AR just looked like he didn't want to be there. Not motivating his teammates, just about as aloof as it gets. Just a guess but I believe the Packers felt like after that ( plus he's 36) they needed to have a replacement plan in place.

The top organizations always draft QB's. What if GB decided to pass on AR when they had Farve? They definitely wouldn't have someone playing that's better than he is.
Difference is when they took Rodgers Favre was already talking about retirement so they had to act... this makes no sense
Old 04-24-2020, 08:33 AM   #139
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Not sure I can take another night of the ESPN nonsense. That was brutal last night.
ESPN is unwatchable. I don't know who thought that was a good idea...too many people. I watched ABC(?)...I believe that who broadcast nationally.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 08:44 AM   #140
OnceWeWereKings
The Starter

Quote:
Difference is when they took Rodgers Favre was already talking about retirement so they had to act... this makes no sense
Maybe that's just who they had as the best available at the time...dont we always talk about how good teams draft bpa, and bad teams draft for need?
Just spitballin here.
Oe possibly theres other issues with ar that only people behind the scenes know. Iono
Old 04-24-2020, 09:09 AM   #141
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
ESPN is unwatchable. I don't know who thought that was a good idea...too many people. I watched ABC(?)...I believe that who broadcast nationally.
Not only were there 100 talking heads from ESPN and NFLN, but I'm tired and burned out of the "we're all in this together" bullshit from every single famous person. Just shut the hell up and get on with the draft. It's not an actual game and they sensationalize it like it was the Super Bowl.
Old 04-24-2020, 09:18 AM   #142
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Not only were there 100 talking heads from ESPN and NFLN, but I'm tired and burned out of the "we're all in this together" bullshit from every single famous person. Just shut the hell up and get on with the draft. It's not an actual game and they sensationalize it like it was the Super Bowl.
Its eye rolling and the commercial's virtue signaling the virus is just beyond enough.

If these companies really gave a flying fuck, move your manufacturing out of China NOW.

He Gets Us
Old 04-24-2020, 09:18 AM   #143
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
I think it was a bad choice. I would put bets on ARod being disgruntled before and even more now. That said, maybe they feel they have him as back up, and if a team needs a qb they trade Love, a la the Patriots.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 09:25 AM   #144
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Green Bay knows A-Rod isn't playing forever. It's also a deep WR class, they will grab one. The value was too great to pass up. Jordan Love has huge upside and now he will sit and learn for a year. Maybe Rodgers has told GB behind closed doors that he's close to being done? We don't know that he has or hasn't. Good teams do this and there's a reason they always have great QB play.

Dallas Will score 28 ppg, you guys need to stop hating on them just because it's Dallas, I'm a realist. I hate them with a passion but on the field they are clearly the best team in the division now and they actually have a legit HC. Their D will fall back some after losing key guys but good luck stopping that Offense.

Cooper
Gallup
Lamb (huge upgrade over cobb)
Zeke

Yikes

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 04-24-2020, 09:34 AM   #145
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Green Bay knows A-Rod isn't playing forever. It's also a deep WR class, they will grab one. The value was too great to pass up. Jordan Love has huge upside and now he will sit and learn for a year. Maybe Rodgers has told GB behind closed doors that he's close to being done? We don't know that he has or hasn't. Good teams do this and there's a reason they always have great QB play.

Dallas Will score 28 ppg, you guys need to stop hating on them just because it's Dallas, I'm a realist. I hate them with a passion but on the field they are clearly the best team in the division now and they actually have a legit HC. Their D will fall back some after losing key guys but good luck stopping that Offense.

Cooper
Gallup
Lamb (huge upgrade over cobb)
Zeke

Yikes

Def agree...couple things to watch tho, Center and left side of Oline. There is a vulnerable there unlike in the past. CY, Allen and Payne will give them problems. The TE position is lacking as well.

He Gets Us
Old 04-24-2020, 09:36 AM   #146
MTK
\m/

Yeah until Dallas shows they can put it all together hating on them is still the thing to do.
Old 04-24-2020, 09:47 AM   #147
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceWeWereKings View Post
Maybe that's just who they had as the best available at the time...dont we always talk about how good teams draft bpa, and bad teams draft for need?

Just spitballin here.

Oe possibly theres other issues with ar that only people behind the scenes know. Iono

There are always exceptions though. I mean im sure there was a qb available for the pats who was bpa over the last 20 years but....
Always has to be a mix of bpa and need. Sometimes that line is easy to see like in this case.

On a side-note I think Goodell should have cued up some boo’s when he came out to announce the picks. That would have been hysterical.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 09:49 AM   #148
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Yeah until Dallas shows they can put it all together hating on them is still the thing to do.

100 percent. They were not a wr from winning anything last year. Fuck them and the horses they always ride in on. One of the most underachieving teams year after year.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 09:52 AM   #149
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Fuck dallas for sure

Old 04-24-2020, 09:53 AM   #150
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
100 percent. They were not a wr from winning anything last year. Fuck them and the horses they always ride in on. One of the most underachieving teams year after year.
and yet this summer I'm sure all the analysts will be falling all over themselves declaring Dallas a SB contender

meanwhile here comes 8-8 again