Problem with posts or censorship?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-13-2020, 07:14 AM   #31
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Re: Problem with posts or censorship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
1. America is the best country in the world, imo the best the world's ever seen. We are a melting pot. The best does not equal perfect. We're a country of humans, we sin daily, can't eliminate sin from humans in any country or religion. We can be even better. But our work in progress is still fucking amazing.

2. This is beyond unacceptable to me. We're gonna PC people to death? This pisses me off. American's have died so PC people feel good about themselves. Sending people that can't do the job out to do the job they can't do is awful.
Agree on both accounts SD.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-13-2020, 08:28 AM   #32
TheGuyFromOverThere
Impact Rookie

Personal opinion incoming:

I disagree with the "best country in the world" sentiment.

Not because I think the country I was born in (Germany) or the one I live in (Austria) or any of those I ever visited (England, Scotland, France, Italy, Poland, U.S., Spain, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Croatia, Serbia, India, South Africa, Romania and that´s just from the top of my head) is the best country in the world.

No, I think there is no best country in the world.

The U.S. has things that I think are great, absolutely great - football, freedom of speech, amazingly different countryside, a lot of great people that I met in my two visits. A ton of other things.

The U.S. also has things that I think are abysmally bad - the health care system, the lack of gun control, the system of voting for judges, coroners and sheriffs. A ton of other things.

But that´s the thing - every country has good and bad things. Yes, some countries have more goods than bads, Sweden, Finland spring instantly to mind for me. Some have a ton more bads than goods - North Korea, Saudia Arabia for example.

But "my country is best" is, in my opinion, nonsense.
TheGuyFromOverThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 08:31 AM   #33
rocnrik
Playmaker

Yep .. we are not as FREE as we thought we were !! And what is bad is the hypocrisy about it all .. let’s be clear the NFL does not care one bit about anybody’s cause .. especially black people , this latest stunt from them is there way of appearing to care in front of fans ( name change) .. lots of examples about the league not letting players wear messages for great causes .. the media is the number one issue in this country .. they want everything to burn and all of us to divide .. that sells ! Plenty of examples out there of that hypocrisy.. I understand we need police reform .. I understand that black and women need equality in the job market ( has there ever been a black NFL commissioner?? The nfl is a damn joke ! Let’s see some more Black head coaches , black owners!! Don’t believe the nfl is is on your side because they want the redskins to change name ..
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 08:43 AM   #34
rocnrik
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguyfromoverthere View Post
personal opinion incoming:

Not because i think the country i was born in (germany) or the one i live in (austria) or any of those i ever visited (england, scotland, france, italy, poland, u.s., spain, czech republic, slovakia, croatia, serbia, india, south africa, romania and that´s just from the top of my head) is the best country in the world.

No, i think there is no best country in the world.

The u.s. Has things that i think are great, absolutely great - football, freedom of speech, amazingly different countryside, a lot of great people that i met in my two visits. A ton of other things.

The u.s. Also has things that i think are abysmally bad - the health care system, the lack of gun control, the system of voting for judges, coroners and sheriffs. A ton of other things.

But that´s the thing - every country has good and bad things. Yes, some countries have more goods than bads, sweden, finland spring instantly to mind for me. Some have a ton more bads than goods - north korea, saudia arabia for example.

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
Old 07-13-2020, 09:26 AM   #35
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Media bias is just disgusting.

I've relied on Rotoworld for years for sports news, mostly for fantasy purposes.

Last night's post:

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/n.../daniel-snyder

Quote:
USA Today's Mike Jones reports Washington owner Dan Snyder will announce a name change for the organization on Monday.
After 21 years and a handful of fights to keep the team's racist moniker alive, Snyder's ignorance will finally be toppled by those — Nike, FedEx, the United States Congress — who filled his pockets with team sponsorships in the first place. Not only will the organization finally retire the slur on Monday morning, Jones reports the team will announce its new name immediately thereafter. The Red Tails, Red Wolves, and Washington Warriors have all been rumored. This is a night to celebrate for years to come.

SOURCE: Mike Jones on Twitter
Jul 12, 2020, 10:22 PM ET

I really resent the name being called a slur and implying fans are racists...and no, it's a very sad day, not a day to celebrate.
Old 07-13-2020, 09:58 AM   #36
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuyFromOverThere View Post

Not because I think the country I was born in (Germany) or the one I live in (Austria) or any of those I ever visited (England, Scotland, France, Italy, Poland, U.S., Spain, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Croatia, Serbia, India, South Africa, Romania and that´s just from the top of my head) is the best country in the world.

The U.S. has things that I think are great, absolutely great - football, freedom of speech, amazingly different countryside, a lot of great people that I met in my two visits. A ton of other things.

The U.S. also has things that I think are abysmally bad - the health care system, the lack of gun control, the system of voting for judges, coroners and sheriffs. A ton of other things.

But that´s the thing - every country has good and bad things. Yes, some countries have more goods than bads, Sweden, Finland spring instantly to mind for me. Some have a ton more bads than goods - North Korea, Saudia Arabia for example.

Yep, you hit all the points. I'm born and raised in America and I don't consider America as the best country in the world.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 10:23 AM   #37
rocnrik
Playmaker

Then what country is ... serious about that .. I really want to know
Old 07-13-2020, 10:30 AM   #38
MTK
\m/

Why does there have to be a "best" country? Seems a little juvenile to me. Plenty of great places to live in the world. Plenty of shitty ones, and plenty in between.
Old 07-13-2020, 10:33 AM   #39
rocnrik
Playmaker

It all makes sense to me now ..
Old 07-13-2020, 10:37 AM   #40
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
Then what country is ... serious about that .. I really want to know
1. US
2. New Zealand
3. Costa Rica

Opinion based on outdoor recreation opportunities which is my deciding priority whenever I move.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 11:05 AM   #41
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Unbelievable that so many of you seem to believe that racial inequality is a hoax or something. That change is bad. That the change agent is some sort of terrorist organization. That no statistics or facts back up the fact that it is real. Just amazing. I could post 1000 different links to back it up but they would just be called fake news. I honestly do not think you guys are racist , sorry if I implied that. I think you are just completely oblivious. That is not meant to be an insult. I cannot wrap my head around the fact that the fight for racial equality has become some left wing conspiracy theory of sorts with a hidden agenda to somehow ruin all your lives.
I guess we can't agree on everything.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 11:28 AM   #42
Monkeydad
Living Legend

That's a lot of the problem in our society today...we've reached a point that we're not allowed to have differing views any more. There's a segment of the population, largely being intentionally created in colleges and universities, that cannot handle disagreement and debate. When someone has a point of view that's different, the tactic is to shut down debate and freedom of thought by simply throwing out the accusation of racism.

You like the Redskins? RACIST!

You voted for HIM? RACIST!

You own that flag? AUTOMATIC RACIST!

You own guns? MURDERING RACIST!

You won't wear a mask? RACIST GRANDMA KILLER!

I've been called a racist before over the Redskins issue. Not once did the accuser bother to find out I have a lot of Native American blood...or that I regularly went to an all-black church growing up because my Dad was the pastor...or even bother to ask WHY I am a fan of the Redskins.

The racism industry is a huge moneymaker right now. Protests are organized and bused into cities with a heads up to the media.

Are there racists in this country? OF COURSE. There are EVERYWHERE. But I do not believe we're in a systematically racist country. I believe nearly all Americans if asked on the street, truly do not care about skin color. The media (and a political party) makes it out to be the polar opposite, that EVERY minority is being targeted by EVERY white person...and that white people need to be ashamed of their skin color and made-up "privilege".

Does racism go both ways? Absolutely. We're not allowed to say that though, just as we've been muzzled on our team name solely because of a permanently-offended segment of the population's "feelings". Bullying used to be a huge issue...now...it's a way of life for many and accepted, as long as you're bullying the right people.

I could but I do not want to get into the stats and debate racism.
Old 07-13-2020, 11:42 AM   #43
JackLord
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuyFromOverThere View Post

Ich meine mich das auch.

I think comparing the USA to Germany or the USA to Canada or Germany to Sweden is kind of silly. It's like arguing whether the Beatles or the Stones are the best band or a 65 Mustang is better than a 68 Camaro.

I will say that I do think The West- most of Europe, the US & Canada, Australia & New Zealand, and Japan plus South Korea and maybe Taiwan- is better than the rest of the world. Democratic governance and free markets have succeeded like no other combo.

I studied in Germany and greatly enjoyed it. It is obviously a successful country. There were some things I found maddening about it, but it is vastly better than places like Saudi Arabia, North Korea, or Venezuela, to name a few.

But every place is great in its own way.
JackLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 12:34 PM   #44
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Good morning good morning. Having Monday off is great.

sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 01:14 PM   #45
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
I guess we can't agree on everything.

I should have said I do not know. Im trying to be cordial. Honestly I think people just do not get it, like if they ever had a civil conversation with a black person they are not capable of racism. Lol. You do not need a swastika tattooed on your arm or white power tattooed on your back to be racist. Being oblivious and ignorant to the plight of so many people is sickening in its own right and definitely falls on the racist scale somewhere. The whole racism is a two sided thing with whites is just plain garbage. Better Jamf?
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote