Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Anyone else disgruntled at this point?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-23-2005, 08:44 PM   #16
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

Re: Anyone else disgruntled at this point?

Monk,

Sorry to disagree with you again. I'm not trying to just take the opposite side of the argument to do battle with you .

I don't think that Vinny can be blamed for the Coles situation. Coles is frustrated by Gibbs' system - something Vinny has no control over. Coles was brought in to play in Spurrier's system and he fit that mold perfectly.

As for the structure of the contract, Coles' 2003, 2004, and 2005 cap figures are very cap-friendly. Moreover, Coles got about the same deal as Peerless Price did in 2003, but Coles has vastly outproduced Price.

Vinny assesses talent and tries to bring players to the team that meet the needs of the head coach. Thus far, I think he's got a pretty good track record in D.C.

BTW, I know I am in the distinct minority re: my opinion of Vinny.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-23-2005, 10:05 PM   #17
drew54
The Starter

I dont think Vinney can be blamed for the simple fact that most of the time free agents just dont pan out becasue all they really care about is the team that will pay the top dollar.

Look at guys like Warren Sapp, he only went to Oakland for the money, he doest have to answer to anyone there either and he has no sense of loyalty like he did in Tampa, and that went away after Dungy left town.

This is typical of players just looking to set up his retirement.

Maybe the players should be force to have 401k plan that 10% of their contract goes toward.

That way there would be less of this "I gotta feed my family" bullcrap.
drew54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 10:16 PM   #18
monk81
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smootsmack
On a positive note, at least we here at the Warpath have something to talk about during the offseason

Imagine how boring it must be to be a part of some other fansites at this time of year....stability and continuity just ain't all that exciting
Yes Smootsmack, that Patriot site must be downright boring...........the only argument there is where to put another Super Bowl Trophy.........
monk81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 10:50 PM   #19
lifetimeskin
Camp Scrub

I said it in a similar thread, but anyone that wants out, show them door. Malloy, Staley, Trotter, and Hugh Douglass were all let go from the 2 super bowl teams. I don't thik we need either Coles or any other selfish a**hole.
Old 02-23-2005, 11:26 PM   #20
KLHJ2
Inactive

I agree, and I have also said it in another thread let Gibb's and the coaching staff weed them out. Remember Gibb's signed for five seasons and we have just completed one, look at the selfish players he has already found and we know we need to boot.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 06:10 AM   #21
CRT3
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew54
Take the huge cap hit now, and from this point forward only sign players that are under 30, and quit trading away all of our draft picks.
Rember as of right now there is no cap in 2007. Also all of the players mentioned above are under 30 except HAll and Barrow. Hall has been pretty good. Don't you rember with Turner that was alwyas a consistent problem, no kicker. Cut none of them and rework contracts is the right tact as we only have to make it thru 2006.
Old 02-24-2005, 08:10 AM   #22
drew54
The Starter

That cap loophole isn't set in stone if I remember correctly. I would hate to see us bank on the unsure future then have it backfire on us.
drew54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 08:24 AM   #23
CRT3
Impact Rookie

Its set in stone untill talks acutally begin and as we have seen with the NHL, talks take a while to heat up. Plus there is no downside for the NFL or the NFLPA in this, everyone stands to gain except for the small market teams and who are they now? Everybody is leaning how to increase revenue even Arizona with a new stadium and a rights deal on the horizon. The one probally with a low revenue might be Buffalo or San Diego.