Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

"Donovan McNabb: Mediocre at Best" Article

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 10:41 AM   #46
hail_2_da_skins
Impact Rookie

Re: "Donovan McNabb: Mediocre at Best" Article

Sounds to me like a pissed off Philly fan, trying to vent his frustration by taking a blow at an easy target, McNabb. This article never would have happened if Terrell Owens had shut up and played football. Unfortunately the Eagles would be competing for the division and the McNabb bashing would be squashed. McNabb is a top five quarterback, whether he is running or not. If Philly don't like him, trade him to the Skins.

Advertisements
Old 12-15-2005, 10:43 AM   #47
Master4Caster
Special Teams

What a pile of shi-aving cream. First Rush Limbaugh, then TO, the the local NAACP. Who's next? The Pope?

Note to Donovan: it's OK to get mad at these people. You got cause.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:02 AM   #48
Cooley 350Z
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by wewhite3
I'M SURE YOU DO
It seems like you are just trying to throw gas on the fire in a racial debate that doesn't even exist to begin with. As Matty said earlier, I would love to have a "mediocre" quarterback like McNabb on our team.

Michael Vick is overrated and it has nothing to do with being black. It's because the guy is flat out not a good pocket passer. He's exciting to watch, don't get me wrong, and maybe he develops the pocket-presence later in his career to become a more all around quarterback, but as of right now, Vick is more of what I would call a mediocre quarterback. Enough with the race card, it's a tired excuse, especially in this context.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:21 AM   #49
Southpaw
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish
I agree that McNabb is much more of a passer now than he used to be but he's not in the same passing category as Brady or P. Manning. McNabb is light years beyond Vick (who I believe is the most over-rated player in the NFL).
For the record:

McNabb in 04 - 64% completion percentage, 3875 yards 31tds/8picks

Brady in 04 - 60.8% completion percentage, 3692 yard 28tds/14picks
Old 12-15-2005, 11:22 AM   #50
MTK
\m/

Vick is definitely overrated.

Look, the guy is incredibly talented without a doubt. But he's just not a complete package at QB yet. Note that I said yet.

He gets a ton of hype due to his athletic ability, but as far as QB's go there are a plenty of guys I'd take over him if I were building a franchise.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:58 AM   #51
Bushead
Impact Rookie

The person who wrote that article is not a prolific writer by anymeans. He seems to float back from this to that barley touching topics. He doesn't have a main thesis he is trying to prove; he just seems to type about whatever enters his mind. His argument I would assume would be how Mcnabb used race to propel his career. The writer tried to be poignant with everything and just altogether missed the fact that McNabb went to the confrence finals four times. Who considers that achievement mediocre?
Old 12-15-2005, 12:08 PM   #52
56FAN
Special Teams

Some people love to set themselves up(at least in their own minds) as the standard bearers of this or that and judge all others who are doing or attempting.this clown is not worth listening to. i'll take mcnabb in a heart beat.lets be real, the eagles have lacked balance for years and that's why they lost the super bowl.i can understand being frustrated but to glorify owens and tear down mcnabb is crazy.these people need to go away and never come back.it's really sad, give money to ownes, for what? he just signed the contract, was talked to before he did to make sure this was ok. now one year later owens wants to change it and the eagles rightly said NO!!!.these fans do not seem to me to remember their history ok sucking for sooooo long.this is sorry.this is why owens is not welcome here.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:47 PM   #53
ST21
Impact Rookie

Thumbs down Re: "Donovan McNabb: Mediocre at Best" Article

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10
Idiot, don't make this a racial thing. He's simply stating a fact, no team has ever won the super bowl with a running QB.

You've got 3 kinds of QBs in the NFL:

Pocket Passers - stand in the pocket, deliver the ball, or throw it away or take a sack. Examples: Manning, Bledsoe, Marino, Doug Williams.

Scramblers - prefer to make throws from the pocket, but will scramble out when under pressure and make throws on the run. Examples: Steve Young, John Elway, Joe Montana, Jake Plummer.

Runners - guys that aren't good enough or confident enough at throwing the ball, so when pressured they look to run rather than scramble away to find an open receiver. Examples: Vick, Randall Cunningham.

You can't be a winning QB without looking to throw whenever possible.
Sure, thats what you really meant
Old 12-15-2005, 04:50 PM   #54
ST21
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooley 350Z
It seems like you are just trying to throw gas on the fire in a racial debate that doesn't even exist to begin with. As Matty said earlier, I would love to have a "mediocre" quarterback like McNabb on our team.

Michael Vick is overrated and it has nothing to do with being black. It's because the guy is flat out not a good pocket passer. He's exciting to watch, don't get me wrong, and maybe he develops the pocket-presence later in his career to become a more all around quarterback, but as of right now, Vick is more of what I would call a mediocre quarterback. Enough with the race card, it's a tired excuse, especially in this context.
DID YOU KNOW M. VICK HAS WON OVER 65% OF HIS GAMES, I'LL TAKE THAT OVER ANYTHING THAT HAS CAME THROUGH IN THE LAST 10 YEARS
Old 12-15-2005, 05:06 PM   #55
itvnetop
Playmaker

Quote:
DID YOU KNOW M. VICK HAS WON OVER 65% OF HIS GAMES, I'LL TAKE THAT OVER ANYTHING THAT HAS CAME THROUGH IN THE LAST 10 YEARS
it it mike vick? or is it dunn, duckett, and his D?
Old 12-15-2005, 05:11 PM   #56
ST21
Impact Rookie

WHAT YA'LL VERSION OF A COMPLETE QB, PEYTON, HIS LITTLE BROTHER, BRADY, BREES, THE FACT IS THAT ARE 6 STARTING BLACK QB'S IN THIS LEAGUE (6) 5 IF YOU FACTOR IN THAT BROOKS WAS DOWN SIZED (for good reason, he sucks) all of them are capable of being pro bowl material, but since the begging of time no black QB has been good enough are smart enough to play in this league, and now that the # is getting bigger, which will include Vince Young, and Marcus (Vick) next year or the year afterwards, the fact is everytime someone, say traditional QB, then I hear the Vick thing and the why Scrambling QB's (black ones) that what the issue is aren't going to win a Superbowl, unless he sit in the pocket like a good little boy and throw the ball, the fact is there talent has evolved to more of a New Wave (if you will) and Troy Aikman and John Madden says this is the standard of the up and coming new QB's.........now evertime there is a issue about a black QB i'm going to inject. like or not...I have to black sons....and they admire there hero's and when anyone like that NAACP fool say something or Racist Limbarugh then I will defend them period, because no blackman should have to keep defending why he is not good enough or isnt Peyton, Hell nobodys Peyton Manning, I love Football and appreciate it for it beauty, and I never seen anyone run a offense like Peyton Manning, ever black or white and I'm 35 and I've watched alot of football, and I defend Peyton Manning if someone said something stupid like "well he throw so well because he lack athletic abilty".. to me thats crazy, but to me there is no overrated black QB's in this league, because we can go down list of bums that came in this league and playing right now that isn't BLACK, I hear people on here always saying why you got make this a racist thing, I don't have to...........life and time has beat me to it.........

INCREASE THE PEACE :thumb:
Old 12-15-2005, 05:13 PM   #57
ST21
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by itvnetop
it it mike vick? or is it dunn, duckett, and his D?
was it Terrel Davis or that offensive line or that Defense, or was Elway only as good as his RB :FIREdevil
Old 12-15-2005, 05:19 PM   #58
itvnetop
Playmaker

Quote:
was it Terrel Davis or that offensive line or that Defense, or was Elway only as good as his RB :FIREdevil
sorry dude... but vick is no elway (and i like vick more than elway). the falcons win percentage is irrespective of vick's play.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:42 PM   #59
ST21
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by itvnetop
sorry dude... but vick is no elway (and i like vick more than elway). the falcons win percentage is irrespective of vick's play.
point I'm trying to make is that, everyone has a hand in making everyone great, Joe Montana had Jerry Rice, hell Steve Young had him too.....
Old 12-15-2005, 06:35 PM   #60
mheisig
The Starter

Quote:
WHAT YA'LL VERSION OF A COMPLETE QB, PEYTON, HIS LITTLE BROTHER, BRADY, BREES, THE FACT IS THAT ARE 6 STARTING BLACK QB'S IN THIS LEAGUE (6) 5 IF YOU FACTOR IN THAT BROOKS WAS DOWN SIZED (for good reason, he sucks) all of them are capable of being pro bowl material, but since the begging of time no black QB has been good enough are smart enough to play in this league, and now that the # is getting bigger, which will include Vince Young, and Marcus (Vick) next year or the year afterwards, the fact is everytime someone, say traditional QB, then I hear the Vick thing and the why Scrambling QB's (black ones) that what the issue is aren't going to win a Superbowl, unless he sit in the pocket like a good little boy and throw the ball, the fact is there talent has evolved to more of a New Wave (if you will) and Troy Aikman and John Madden says this is the standard of the up and coming new QB's.........now evertime there is a issue about a black QB i'm going to inject. like or not...I have to black sons....and they admire there hero's and when anyone like that NAACP fool say something or Racist Limbarugh then I will defend them period, because no blackman should have to keep defending why he is not good enough or isnt Peyton, Hell nobodys Peyton Manning, I love Football and appreciate it for it beauty, and I never seen anyone run a offense like Peyton Manning, ever black or white and I'm 35 and I've watched alot of football, and I defend Peyton Manning if someone said something stupid like "well he throw so well because he lack athletic abilty".. to me thats crazy, but to me there is no overrated black QB's in this league, because we can go down list of bums that came in this league and playing right now that isn't BLACK, I hear people on here always saying why you got make this a racist thing, I don't have to...........life and time has beat me to it.........

INCREASE THE PEACE :thumb:
I think that....well nevermind, I'm not even sure what I think after that unintelligible, grammatical and rhetorical trainwreck of a post.

You might have a great point in there for all I know, but I don't think anyone could decipher what you just said.