Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

The Too Soon 2022 NFL Draft Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-29-2021, 10:19 AM   #211
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: The Too Soon 2022 NFL Draft Thread

We can’t eff around if we like someone at the QB spot…I’d say go get that guy if everyone is in agreement

mitch hedberg -

“You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just gonna ask where they're going, and hook up with them later.”
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-29-2021, 10:26 AM   #212
SunnySide
Playmaker

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2022-fr...gs-free-agency

PFF projected top FAs. Who knows who will get deals or tagged prior to the start of FA. Some nice fits. We only have around 35 players under contract for 2022 so we need to fill the roster with big additions and lots of depth.

FA starts March 16.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 10:31 AM   #213
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
We can’t eff around if we like someone at the QB spot…I’d say go get that guy if everyone is in agreement
Agreed .. I dont want to trade a ton of capital if we have to move up but this draft sounds like Corral might fall to us or be within a few spots.
Old 12-29-2021, 11:30 AM   #214
Redskins 2021
Camp Scrub

I would not move up for a QB. What I am afraid of is the amount of talent Philadelphia and New York will have coming in with there multiple first round picks could hurt us bad if we don't have a QB who can cover up some of are problems. I think if we don't get an upper to mid-level QB we could fall behind both of them. We had three games Green Bay, Denver, and KC with better offense and QB play I think we would have won those games.
Redskins 2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 11:46 AM   #215
BaltimoreSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Agreed got to find a QB. If we continue to just draft BPA will will be early 2000s Bears. A solid defense, okay offense and maybe a division title or two.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 02:23 PM   #216
Redskins 2021
Camp Scrub

What do we have to trade to get this unknown QB. If we are going after a top QB do we have to give up some of the defensive line players. What kind of value do are players have against first round picks from other teams.
Old 12-29-2021, 03:26 PM   #217
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

The Too Soon 2022 NFL Draft Thread

The problem is you never know with Ron, he doesn’t have a good history of drafting QBs.. Cam Newton was the best player available that year so he had no choice but to take him.

Ron has also said in the past that a rookie QB would have to be special not to pass up..

At the end of the day if we go into 2022 with TH and some other Veteran like Mariota we will be fucked
Old 12-29-2021, 03:27 PM   #218
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins 2021 View Post
What do we have to trade to get this unknown QB. If we are going after a top QB do we have to give up some of the defensive line players. What kind of value do are players have against first round picks from other teams.
Me personally I dont think its realistic to think a Rodgers, Wilson or even Watson would be traded here. Perhaps Derek Carr but not for 2 1Rs plus 3R then having to sign him to a mega deal.

Realistic options:

1. draft one of the top QB prospects
2. Sign a vet placeholder like Marriota and enjoy another year of bottom 5 offense
3. Go with TH or Allen and enjoy another year of bottom 5 offense

Theres no great option.
Old 12-29-2021, 03:34 PM   #219
Redskins 2021
Camp Scrub

I dont mind paying the extension for a new upper level QB. I think we are definitely going to have to open the wallet if we are to get any of the upper or even upper mid level QB.
Old 12-30-2021, 01:35 AM   #220
sdskinsfan2001
Hakuna Matata

Man, Desmond Ridder plays with my QB emotions.

I've never watched a full game of his, just bits and pieces. They are so much better than their competition right now, they don't have to constantly spin the ball down the field.

My final stop, I'm back on the hype train. He will automatically be a top 3 running QB in the league (definitely helpful for a rookie). And the man can fire the that fucking pigskin to all levels.

A lot of runs in this clip, but when he throws it, the ball has that spin that is fun to watch.

My current draft QB rankings (all imo, I'm no expert):

1. Ridder
2. Corral
3. Howell
4. Pickett (I don't trust a QB that throws the ball with a glove, no matter what, otherwise, I'd have him above Howell)
5. Strong/Willis (kind of a cop out, 2 talented guys that I like, but are opposite ends of the spectrum on how they play in college)

https://linktr.ee/summo13
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 09:29 AM   #221
Stacks42
Impact Rookie

I don't know much about him but from that highlight reel he looks like a one read quarterback. Today's NFL requires a QB to in some cases go through a complete progression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Man, Desmond Ridder plays with my QB emotions.

I've never watched a full game of his, just bits and pieces. They are so much better than their competition right now, they don't have to constantly spin the ball down the field.

My final stop, I'm back on the hype train. He will automatically be a top 3 running QB in the league (definitely helpful for a rookie). And the man can fire the that fucking pigskin to all levels.

A lot of runs in this clip, but when he throws it, the ball has that spin that is fun to watch.

My current draft QB rankings (all imo, I'm no expert):

1. Ridder
2. Corral
3. Howell
4. Pickett (I don't trust a QB that throws the ball with a glove, no matter what, otherwise, I'd have him above Howell)
5. Strong/Willis (kind of a cop out, 2 talented guys that I like, but are opposite ends of the spectrum on how they play in college)
Old 12-30-2021, 09:38 AM   #222
Chief X_Phackter
Playmaker

I do like Ridder. I don't know if I like him better than Howell, Corral, or Pickett. Whatever the order is - I'm sure one of them will be a Commander next year.

Let's see how Ridder does against Alabama on Friday. That game alone could boost his draft stock, or the opposite...
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 09:53 AM   #223
SFREDSKIN
Gamebreaker

One move I would make is cut Collins and sign Bobby Wagner who will be a cap casualty in Seattle.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 09:59 AM   #224
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I do like Ridder. I don't know if I like him better than Howell, Corral, or Pickett. Whatever the order is - I'm sure one of them will be a Commander next year.

Let's see how Ridder does against Alabama on Friday. That game alone could boost his draft stock, or the opposite...
Yup…but his game against Notre Dame this year was good. You got best safety in the country and nfl talent at CB on ND, he played well.

I think Ridder has a lot to like. I don’t know if he is as strong as the Pittsburgh QB or Corral when it comes to arm talent, but his experience, system, translates.

mitch hedberg -

“You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just gonna ask where they're going, and hook up with them later.”
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 11:32 AM   #225
calia
Playmaker

Get Ridder the ball, is that what you’re saying? On name alone, better than Pickett (or Blewitt).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk