Super Bowl Gameday Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-09-2021, 12:20 PM   #181
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Re: Super Bowl Gameday Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
It's because he's not the "Sexy athlete" like a Mahomes is or Favre was etc. Yeah he's slow as shit and un-athletic but he's a winner and CLUTCH. Things you can not teach. I've said he's the GOAT since Ring 5 and he just keeps on winning. Nobody will ever touch his accomplishments
Mobility doesn't equal athleticism and vice versa.

Just because Brady doesn't scramble doesn't mean he's not athletic. He's in better shape than nearly ANYONE in the NFL. He takes care of his body like no one else, and his arm isn't showing any signs of getting weaker at his age.

You cant do what he's done even in a single season without being a great athlete.

Advertisements
Old 02-09-2021, 12:29 PM   #182
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Super Bowl Gameday Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Mobility doesn't equal athleticism and vice versa.

Just because Brady doesn't scramble doesn't mean he's not athletic. He's in better shape than nearly ANYONE in the NFL. He takes care of his body like no one else, and his arm isn't showing any signs of getting weaker at his age.

You cant do what he's done even in a single season without being a great athlete.

You cant even have a cup of coffee in the NFL without being a great athlete. You dont go to Michigan without being a great athlete. Its what im saying about Tim Duncan. He wasn’t Air Jordan, but it isn’t his style. He was clutch, calm, confident, precise, efficient as fuck, and always knew what to do and where to go. His brain was a sexy athlete and his body was a machine. Same as Brady.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 01:52 PM   #183
skinsfan69
Living Legend

It's funny how we all sit around and talk about how we need Watson or Stafford. No we don't. Brady just won another SB throwing dump offs to.his backs and te's. Think about that. Every single pass Brady made on Sun Heinike can make.

I watched this team win 3 SB's with 3 non HOF qb's. Yeah different era but the same stuff wins decades later. Wr's do not win SB's so why spend big money on one? Once we got a competent QB all of a sudden Cam Sims became a better wr.

If you can't stop the other team from running it and you can't protect your own QB then game over. TB ran it down our throats so that means we aren't good enough in that area.

So IMO go out and get a Devin White in the draft. Go get some more blockers so we can run it better. DO NOT over spend on a wr.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 02:26 PM   #184
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Well, Mahomes inked a 10 year deal, which in a few years will likely make him underpaid like Brady was in New England. So who knows.
ahh . . . but will Mahomes be satisfied with that. Tons of players sit out to get a new contract. Brady took less in restructures to stay and to ensure players could be brought in around him. Will Mahomes?
SkinsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 02:28 PM   #185
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Definitely something to be said about circumstance. I have thought for years that Brady was an excellent quarterback in an excellent situation but the more I watch Him the more I believe he makes it look so easy that his talent is somehow overshadowed. Like Tim Duncan as a basketball player. He is never talked about as the greatest but the guy just was so methodic and accurate and smart. He just won championships and made it look easy. Brady will always, always make the right read. It is uncanny actually. He is also the ultimate field general.
If i could have any QB in their prime to start a franchise Brady wouldn't be it . . . simple as that.
Old 02-09-2021, 02:30 PM   #186
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
It's because he's not the "Sexy athlete" like a Mahomes is or Favre was etc. Yeah he's slow as shit and un-athletic but he's a winner and CLUTCH. Things you can not teach. I've said he's the GOAT since Ring 5 and he just keeps on winning. Nobody will ever touch his accomplishments
So clutch that in the last 3 drives against GB (not the last one as that was kneeling) he threw 3 interceptions. Brady didn't win that game the Tampa defense did. Same with the superbowl. Brady did NOTHING special. Missed some open WR's. Threw high quite a few times, but his WR's went up and got it. Was Brady the biggest reason the Bucs won? NO!! The Tampa defense was and the fact that KC was missing their 2 starting tackles.

Superbowl victories are not QB accomplishments, they are team accomplishments.
Old 02-09-2021, 02:32 PM   #187
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
It's funny how we all sit around and talk about how we need Watson or Stafford. No we don't. Brady just won another SB throwing dump offs to.his backs and te's. Think about that. Every single pass Brady made on Sun Heinike can make.

I watched this team win 3 SB's with 3 non HOF qb's. Yeah different era but the same stuff wins decades later. Wr's do not win SB's so why spend big money on one? Once we got a competent QB all of a sudden Cam Sims became a better wr.

If you can't stop the other team from running it and you can't protect your own QB then game over. TB ran it down our throats so that means we aren't good enough in that area.

So IMO go out and get a Devin White in the draft. Go get some more blockers so we can run it better. DO NOT over spend on a wr.
I'm with you on this!
Old 02-09-2021, 02:42 PM   #188
MTK
\m/

The top QBs will give you a chance year in and year out. You might luck into getting to the SB with 2nd or 3rd tier guy once in a while, but if you want sustained success you need the stud QB. Brady hasn't been to 10 Super Bowls dinking and dunking. We should exhaust all possible avenues before we settle for Heinicke.
Old 02-09-2021, 03:49 PM   #189
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

If you have a chance to draft what you think is a franchise QB or move up to do it then you have to do it. I would rather take that chance than settle for what we have. While I won't be disappointed if we fortify the LB position, there are lots of really good defensive players out there that can't carry their team to the playoffs. I would rather get the player that gets us to the playoffs almost every year,
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 04:20 PM   #190
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
The top QBs will give you a chance year in and year out. You might luck into getting to the SB with 2nd or 3rd tier guy once in a while, but if you want sustained success you need the stud QB. Brady hasn't been to 10 Super Bowls dinking and dunking. We should exhaust all possible avenues before we settle for Heinicke.
I agree with this as well. Much easier with a top tier QB for sure.
Old 02-09-2021, 04:28 PM   #191
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Fans who don't want to go all in on a QB, IMO, are undermining the young talent this team has. You bring an elite QB like Watson to this team, we are a playoff contender right away, and can be a SB contender within two years.

I don't think our team is bad enough (knock on wood) to have a top 5 pick in the next 3 years, which is what you need to have a sure fire top rookie QB. As I've said, I'm fine parting with the 2021, 2022, and 2023 first round picks to get Watson.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 04:38 PM   #192
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:

Tampa Bay had pretty much the same team for the past 2-3 seasons with mediocre QB play and they went nowhere. Meanwhile they saw the Saints and Falcons go to the playoffs every year. QB play makes a difference, period.
R.I.P. #21
Old 02-09-2021, 09:38 PM   #193
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Tampa Bay had pretty much the same team for the past 2-3 seasons with mediocre QB play and they went nowhere. Meanwhile they saw the Saints and Falcons go to the playoffs every year. QB play makes a difference, period.
What did they have to give up to get him? Did they have to give up multiple first rounders? What about Devin White or any of their wr's?

Also the previous QB turned the ball over 30 plus times.

While I agree QB is crucial, doing RG3 type of deals I'm just not in favor of. Would I give up next years number 1 and a 3rd this year if we could get Fields or Wilson? I'd do it.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 09:40 PM   #194
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Brady was in the top 5 in Deep passing yards
Old 02-09-2021, 09:55 PM   #195
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
What did they have to give up to get him? Did they have to give up multiple first rounders? What about Devin White or any of their wr's?

Also the previous QB turned the ball over 30 plus times.

While I agree QB is crucial, doing RG3 type of deals I'm just not in favor of. Would I give up next years number 1 and a 3rd this year if we could get Fields or Wilson? I'd do it.
Trading for Watson is not an RG3 type of deal. If you get Watson, you are getting an elite QB in his prime that will very likely play at a high level for the next 5-7 years or even more.

As far as the other needs for the team, aside from maybe left tackle, I don't see any other position that cannot be handled by either free agency or mid-round picks in the next three years.

Adding a Watson type of player, automatically fixes your passing game, your running game (since defenses will respect the pass), and our top 10 defense won't need to carry the team all the time. And oh yeah, if you are worried about not having a first round pick until 2024, Watson will be 28 years old by then and still in his prime.
R.I.P. #21