Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Who will be the next coach of the Redskins and does it even freakin matter?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-07-2019, 10:26 AM   #1
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Well it is that time again, although this turn seemed a bit overdue. Gruden was terrible at calling plays, and terrible at selecting his staff. He failed miserably at selecting a DC. He was horrible at halftime adjustments. So imo he was the wrong guy, up against Dan and Bruce or not. Who will the next guy be? Who donyou want it to be? I cant stop thinking Urban Meyer. He isn’t currently coaching and Haskins and McLaurin are a draw for him.
Does it even matter though? Will DS and BA say all the right things about team control and than pull their strings from yachts and luxury boxes? Will the new HC have the insight to let DS know BA has to go?
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:28 AM   #2
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Who will be the next coach of the Redskins and does it even freakin matter?

it does matter...you can get good coach to hide the blemishes of questionable Front office moves...

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:29 AM   #3
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Fire Bruce Allen first!!

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:29 AM   #4
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Posted in the other thread but:

Per Espn's Ed Werder

"The Redskins top 3 candidates are , Mike Tomlin, Todd Bowles , Eric Bieniemy"
Old 10-07-2019, 10:33 AM   #5
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post

Per Espn's Ed Werder

If true, disappointing...Eric Beniemy is the only legit candidate. Todd Bowles did not look like a HC, awesome coordinator, piss poor HC. He’s defensives weren’t good in NY and that’s a huge problem

He Gets Us
Old 10-07-2019, 10:39 AM   #6
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
If true, disappointing...Eric Beniemy is the only legit candidate. Todd Bowles did not look like a HC, awesome coordinator, piss poor HC. He’s defensives weren’t good in NY and that’s a huge problem
I'm fine with Tomlin and agree on Bowles, no thanks
Old 10-07-2019, 10:44 AM   #7
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I'm fine with Tomlin and agree on Bowles, no thanks
No way on Tomlin...he had overly talented teams and got nowhere. Would be a terrible hire

He Gets Us
Old 10-07-2019, 10:52 AM   #8
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
No way on Tomlin...he had overly talented teams and got nowhere. Would be a terrible hire
He had a top 3 oline, rb, wr, a good QB, and good dense and always under performed.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 12-26-2019, 03:06 PM   #9
drumkat44
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Super Bowl is somewhere and this year they will make the playoffs with losing just about every impact player on the roster. 3 string QB too.
drumkat44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:45 AM   #10
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Yikes, Bieniemy is 50 years old. I remember when he played for the Colorado Buffalos, that didn't seem that long ago. Can he bring most of the Chiefs offense with him?
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 12:03 PM   #11
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
We're on the same page.

Reid and Belichick are two of the top coaches in the NFL and unlike Belichick Reid's assistant coaches have gone on to major success in the NFL. Beniemy would def. be on my short list just for that factor.

Also Punch I agree, it would not matter because there are two guys at the top who know nothing about football and need to keep their noses out of it. I wouldn't have a problem with Allen if he'd hire a GM and stick to the business side, but he is an enabler for Snyder and we all know there are going to be times where Snyder wants to stick his nose in the football ops and tell the HC how to do things. Whoever the next HC is has to have total control over the locker room, and the coaching staff, and needs to work in tandem with the GM to build the roster. I'm not sure Allen or Snyder would be willing to give that up.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 01:31 PM   #12
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:

Per Espn's Ed Werder

I don't want any part of Tomlin. I'm iffy on Bowles, but I may be willing to give him another opportunity. It also depends on who he brings in as an offensive coordinator. Bieniemy is "fresh blood" when it comes to being a head coach, so I'd be willing to give him an opportunity.

Back to Tomlin...... I've always thought Tomlin was a "rah rah" kinda guy. He also comes off like a fake, tough guy in his pressers and on the sidelines. He benefited from the residual effect of Bill Cowher (and, in some ways to long time defensive coordinator, Dick LeBeau). The Steelers have been a well-run organization since around the late 80's or early 90's (particularly, when Cowher came aboard in '92), and Tomlin reaped the rewards from it.

I told several of my family members and friends, who are Steeler fans, a decade ago that Tomlin was nothing more than a cheerleader called "Coach." Some of those same folks laughed at me. Guess what? Many of those same people have been agreeing with me in the past three seasons.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:29 AM   #13
jamf
Pro Bowl

Doesn't matter.
Snyder only cares about getting a new stadium.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:41 AM   #14
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Well it is that time again, although this turn seemed a bit overdue. Gruden was terrible at calling plays, and terrible at selecting his staff. He failed miserably at selecting a DC. He was horrible at halftime adjustments. So imo he was the wrong guy, up against Dan and Bruce or not. Who will the next guy be? Who donyou want it to be? I cant stop thinking Urban Meyer. He isn’t currently coaching and Haskins and McLaurin are a draw for him.
Does it even matter though? Will DS and BA say all the right things about team control and than pull their strings from yachts and luxury boxes? Will the new HC have the insight to let DS know BA has to go?
1. He was not terrible at calling plays imo. Our passing scheme I think was top 15. When we had Cousins, DJax, Garcon we had a top 5 offense.

Top 5.

2. Did he ever get to select his DC? I personally dont think he had any say on hiring or firing Haslett or Manunsky.

3. Horrible second half adjustments? Not as easily defensible but if you look at the MASH O line unit we had to roll out year after year, no amount of coaching can make up for an O line of Penn-Flowers-Bergstrom-Wes Martin-Moses. Does he get any credit for coming up with a game plan that gave his over matched team a chance in the first half?

------------------------------------

Jay had to go, he is not head coach material and his time here had run its course. He was a glorified offensive coordinator with Allen/Snyder choosing his coaching staff and players. I think Jay wasnt fired last year bc he was willing to just cede control and take a back seat to Allen/Snyder making decisions.

I personally dont think its fair to lay any criticism at Jay for Manunsky. I think he has 0 say in it.

I really hope Jay identifies key decisions that he had no say in.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 11:16 AM   #15
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
1. He was not terrible at calling plays imo. Our passing scheme I think was top 15. When we had Cousins, DJax, Garcon we had a top 5 offense.

Top 5.

2. Did he ever get to select his DC? I personally dont think he had any say on hiring or firing Haslett or Manunsky.

3. Horrible second half adjustments? Not as easily defensible but if you look at the MASH O line unit we had to roll out year after year, no amount of coaching can make up for an O line of Penn-Flowers-Bergstrom-Wes Martin-Moses. Does he get any credit for coming up with a game plan that gave his over matched team a chance in the first half?

------------------------------------

Jay had to go, he is not head coach material and his time here had run its course. He was a glorified offensive coordinator with Allen/Snyder choosing his coaching staff and players. I think Jay wasnt fired last year bc he was willing to just cede control and take a back seat to Allen/Snyder making decisions.

I personally dont think its fair to lay any criticism at Jay for Manunsky. I think he has 0 say in it.

I really hope Jay identifies key decisions that he had no say in.

You disagree with everything I think made him a bad HC but agree he is not a good HC. Why do you think he wasn’t a good HC than?
For the record i dont know if he had full say on the DC but never read or heard anything saying he didn’t. I completely disagree with ur take on playcalling. Yes we had a good pass offense, but we had a solid quarterback and wr’s and still didn’t win. I remember plenty of questionable calls with that team.
As far as second half adjustments this isn’t just a current issue. It has been an issue the entire time he was here. Good oline or not.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote