Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Offense = Disappointment

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-13-2009, 08:33 PM   #1
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Offense = Disappointment

Granted Campbell had two turn overs. The audible was horrible. The pick was a good play by the Giant defender so you have to give him his props. campbell was throwing it somewhere he thought the WR coudl only get it. But the DB beat him there by an inch.

Other than those things mention above I think JC played "okay". Not his best. The O-line was kinda shakey. Good at points. Then others not so good. Especially on rushing plays.

I have a few questions. Why are we running on third and long and why aren't we using these receivers we got on the squad. We might as well not drafted them. Kelly 1 catch. Any of the other rookies catch a pass. Jim Zorn is a horrible O Coordinator. Whatever WR on the field needs to create more separation.

Running game sucked beside the one first play. I think our O;s momentum was sunk by that stupid ARE play. Not to mention all the mental lapses on both side. Zorn needs to right the ship or he migh tno make it thourhg the season. Real talk.
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company
dmvskinzfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-13-2009, 08:34 PM   #2
Smooter
Impact Rookie

Re: Offense = Disappointment

As if one of your threads wasn't enough. First game of the season. Relax.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:36 PM   #3
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

I'm disappointed that more receivers weren't more involved in the passing game. Where were Kelly, Thomas, Mitchell and Davis in the passing routes? We need to use all those guys and air it out.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:43 PM   #4
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I'm disappointed that more receivers weren't more involved in the passing game. Where were Kelly, Thomas, Mitchell and Davis in the passing routes? We need to use all those guys and air it out.
We didn't really pass much at all. 26 attempts in a 60 minute game is nothing. For the losing team, it's inexcusable.

If you throw 19 passes in the first 57 minutes of a game, you can't get anyone involved.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:43 PM   #5
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooter View Post
As if one of your threads wasn't enough. First game of the season. Relax.

Dude. Go look at the other threads. I am just stating the obvious. I am not yelling... Vinny, Cerratoo, Zorn, Campbell must go!! Didn't ask you if one of my threads was enough did I? Comment or don't -- How about that? Dude isn't this called a "forum"? Just make a remark related to football and stop acting like a fake moderator. Fi the moderator feels this is a realted thread they will merge.

Now back to talking football..
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
Old 09-13-2009, 08:46 PM   #6
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
We didn't really pass much at all. 26 attempts in a 60 minute game is nothing. For the losing team, it's inexcusable.

If you throw 19 passes in the first 57 minutes of a game, you can't get anyone involved.

Exactly. We are all happy over our WR depth and we only use one..lol

and that's ARE

I think the offense made too many mental mistakes as well as the defense. But the playcalling was HORRENDOUS and that probably had a lot to do with the personnel that Zorn used in the game also.
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
Old 09-13-2009, 08:55 PM   #7
saden1
MVP

Lack of play call imagination. Zorn looked like a fish out of water with is tasteless dressing vanilla calls. They locked up Moss and took their chances with Cooley so why not go after them with TE all day? F*cking A. Pierce can't run for shit and you let him off the hook.

Heyer got his salad tossed by Tuck. Thomas didn't do shit. Why the fuck didn't we run right all day long? Instead of 3 WR sets why not have extra TE on the left to run block? I can't believe we couldn't get 4 yards with that all day long.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:59 PM   #8
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:

Essentially I agree with you. I hope we tilt more towards the pass in the future.

Mitigating this, though, is that we only ran 50 plays. 50 plays! Part of the reason for this was our non-existent ground game. In other words, if we had run more effectively, the offense would have been on the field for more plays, allowing more passes as well.

Oh, and of course, the defense has to get them off the field as well if we are to run more plays. We got killed in time of possession.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:09 PM   #9
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Lack of play call imagination. Zorn looked like a fish out of water with is tasteless dressing vanilla calls. They locked up Moss and took their chances with Cooley so why not go after them with TE all day? F*cking A. Pierce can't run for shit and you let him off the hook.

Heyer got his salad tossed by Tuck. Thomas didn't do shit. Why the fuck didn't we run right all day long? Instead of 3 WR sets why not have extra TE on the left to run block? I can't believe we couldn't get 4 yards with that all day long.
Now you know they can't put that on television.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:11 PM   #10
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Essentially I agree with you. I hope we tilt more towards the pass in the future.

Mitigating this, though, is that we only ran 50 plays. 50 plays! Part of the reason for this was our non-existent ground game. In other words, if we had run more effectively, the offense would have been on the field for more plays, allowing more passes as well.

Oh, and of course, the defense has to get them off the field as well if we are to run more plays. We got killed in time of possession.
We are the kings of the 4 minute offensive drive that takes 6 plays and covers 12 yards.

I mean, the argument that the defense doesn't get enough time to rest is such a completely ridiculous argument. Even our 3 & outs chew up 1/3 of a quarter.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:13 PM   #11
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:

Yes, Zorn clearly went away from the pass in this game. You'll have a breakdown I'm sure but I believe I saw Jason was 8 for 11 at one point, but then Zorn went almost completely to the run (and we got stuffed almost every time).

I would just say those who may want to downplay today's performance are not seeing the game. Zorn's ability as an OC (let alone an HC) is hugely questionable. I can honestly say I predicted over half our snaps this game...that's means Bill Sheridan and Coughlin predicted something like 90% probably.

The WRs we're supposed to have developed look absolutely lost in a live game. This is an indictment of their position coach, Hixon, and anyone who tries to argue otherwise has a screw loose. Hixon should be waived tonight and go find someone who has a shot at developing all we've invested at the position (he's never developed a WR in his professional career...it's just ridiculous he's still here).
Old 09-13-2009, 09:15 PM   #12
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Yes, Zorn clearly went away from the pass in this game. You'll have a breakdown I'm sure but I believe I saw Jason was 8 for 11 at one point, but then Zorn went almost completely to the run (and we got stuffed almost every time).

I would just say those who may want to downplay today's performance are not seeing the game. Zorn's ability as an OC (let alone an HC) is hugely questionable. I can honestly say I predicted over half our snaps this game...that's means Bill Sheridan and Coughlin predicted something like 90% probably.

The WRs we're supposed to have developed look absolutely lost in a live game. This is an indictment of their position coach, Hixon, and anyone who tries to argue otherwise has a screw loose. Hixon should be waived tonight and go find someone who has a shot at developing all we've invested at the position (he's never developed a WR in his professional career...it's just ridiculous he's still here).
Well, he might have developed Malcolm Kelly. We won't know until the middle of the year.

He does have all the receivers blocking, for one thing.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:18 PM   #13
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

I have to wonder if Zorn was too confident that the defense would easily draw three and outs and that's why he decided to pound Portis repeatedly to the left while moving Sellers in motion.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:19 PM   #14
T.O.Killa
The Starter

Losing=Dissapointment
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:21 PM   #15
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Quote: