Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Portis and Cooley Calling Out an Offensive Teammate?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-16-2009, 11:41 AM   #16
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: Portis and Cooley Calling Out an Offensive Teammate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsisgod View Post
Move it along....nothing to see here.

I just don't understand. Portis uses the word WE at least 10 times in that quote. In the paragraph above the one you qouted, the author makes a point to say that Portis was given ample opportunity to call out someone and didn't do it. So how do you go from that to Portis and Cooley call out someone?
Great post

Advertisements
Old 09-16-2009, 11:54 AM   #17
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Quote:
I couldn't agree more with the statement that "they could blow anyone out". They just need to start using all 7 receivers (5 WR, 2 TE) and if they do their job there's just no stopping. I would love to see that.
I'd hope we blow them out if we're starting 13 on offense.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:05 PM   #18
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
I'd hope we blow them out if we're starting 13 on offense.
I didn't say start them all at the same time. Use them in rotation around the game.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:39 PM   #19
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Sounded like normal locker room chatter about what they could do, should do, can do, or refuse to get done. Speaking of blowing people out, they have to first demonstrate they can score twenty one points a game, and even then, that score would hardly be on the way to blowing anybody out.

Further, they're going to continue to hear the fans voice their negative aproval until they can demonstrate (on a consistent basis) they can go out and do all these things they say they SHOULD be doing. Talking is cheap and easy, the fans want to see results, and until they do the criticizm will continue. They say we don't know, and we don't understand......well some of us may not understand this "rocket science" they call football, but we do know and understand what we see, and all too often what we see is not pretty and leaves a lot to be desired. THEY say they're going to be better. We're waiting.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:58 PM   #20
skinsfan69
Living Legend

blah blah blah.... both of their comments makes no sense. Cooley needs to realize that although we may be talented on paper we don't play smart football. So that makes you an average team. And CP needs to STFU with his calling out teammates. Let's say the fumble never happened. Does anyone actually think NY would've been playing the type of defense they were on that last drive? No. They would've stopped us cause our offense isn't good enough to score when it really matters.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 01:15 PM   #21
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
blah blah blah.... both of their comments makes no sense. Cooley needs to realize that although we may be talented on paper we don't play smart football. So that makes you an average team. And CP needs to STFU with his calling out teammates. Let's say the fumble never happened. Does anyone actually think NY would've been playing the type of defense they were on that last drive? No. They would've stopped us cause our offense isn't good enough to score when it really matters.
speaking of blah blah blah...
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 01:23 PM   #22
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I took it as them talking in general, and not pointing fingers at anyone specifically.
That is my take...basically if everyone collectively executed their assignments perfectly on every play they would blow everyone out...

By the way, every team in the National Football League could say the same thing.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 01:32 PM   #23
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
They have the team to blow people up. Other teams have done so with less. If no one else will say it I will, Santana Moss gives up on plays. He doesn't do his job. Bench his ass and put in Malcolm Kelly or Marko Mitchell. They're eager and hungry to prove they can do it. Let Moss get out of the dog house by running back punts and kicks.
You're really adamant about this benching Moss thing. I don't think there's really anyone else we have that would make a good #1. I mean you could bump Malcolm Kelly up to #1, make Thomas #2 and keep ARE in the slot, making Mitchell the #4..

But that seems all sorts of messy. And how long would you wanna bench Moss for? I bet if we did that to him, especially for more than a week, he'd probably want out.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 01:38 PM   #24
ChickenMonkey
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
They have the team to blow people up. Other teams have done so with less. If no one else will say it I will, Santana Moss gives up on plays. He doesn't do his job. Bench his ass and put in Malcolm Kelly or Marko Mitchell. They're eager and hungry to prove they can do it. Let Moss get out of the dog house by running back punts and kicks.
I agree totally, no one has called Santana out, and he often gives up on routes, and plays...He did that on the Capmbell pick and he did it last yr in a game.....Zorn needs to have the guts to bench him (I'd trade him for picks in 2010)
ChickenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 01:45 PM   #25
JWsleep
Propane and propane accessories

I for one am glad to hear folks getting snippy. Time to step up. Zorn has been more vocal and so have the team leaders. Make a friggin play! If your job is to block the backside on a quick slant in the redzone, make a block. If your job is to stop a rookie WR from waltzing down the sideline to the endzone, make a friggin tackle.

I'd be more worried if they weren't snippy at this point. They watch the film and see what we do--they are better than what we saw on Sunday, IMHO.

But, of course, talk is cheap. Winning cures all. GO OUT THERE AND WIN SOME GAMES!!!!!!
Old 09-16-2009, 01:58 PM   #26
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWsleep View Post
I for one am glad to hear folks getting snippy. Time to step up. Zorn has been more vocal and so have the team leaders. Make a friggin play! If your job is to block the backside on a quick slant in the redzone, make a block. If your job is to stop a rookie WR from waltzing down the sideline to the endzone, make a friggin tackle.

I'd be more worried if they weren't snippy at this point. They watch the film and see what we do--they are better than what we saw on Sunday, IMHO.

But, of course, talk is cheap. Winning cures all. GO OUT THERE AND WIN SOME GAMES!!!!!!
Damn Strait! Don't tell me, show me!
Old 09-16-2009, 02:05 PM   #27
FREE-AG3NT
Camp Scrub

I'm not saying Cambell played a great game but Cooley single-handedly lost the wildcard game against the Seahawks. Tell me whats worse, a rusty first game against a divisional rival on the road or missing an easy first down catch that stalled a great fourth quarter comeback?
I remember Cooley made the pro bowl that year and it looked like he had a black eye. I wonder which teamate decked him for missing that catch?
FREE-AG3NT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 02:11 PM   #28
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
You're really adamant about this benching Moss thing. I don't think there's really anyone else we have that would make a good #1. I mean you could bump Malcolm Kelly up to #1, make Thomas #2 and keep ARE in the slot, making Mitchell the #4..

But that seems all sorts of messy. And how long would you wanna bench Moss for? I bet if we did that to him, especially for more than a week, he'd probably want out.
That would confirm to me the quality of his character. I think Malcolm Kelly can do it. ARE is filling in nicely in the slot. From what I see that's where he should've been all along. Mitchell or Thomas are good enough for the other WR position.

Moss needs to man up. Off the field he seems like a cool cat. On the field is a different story. He makes good plays every once in awhile. I'll give him that. He's a great player. He doesn't always live up to his talent because of his mental weakness. I'd rather have a player who doesn't have his talent, a player who is reliable and doesn't hurt his team.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:14 PM   #29
SBXVII
Franchise Player

I think Cooley's comments seemed to be directed at the whole offense. It sounded as though he was trying to say that on every play or every other play someone (a different individual each time) is not doing their assignment. In other words on each play a different player has screwed up somehow and with that you have no consistancy. At least it seemed that way to me Sun. also. That's partially why I'm still miffed about the fact the Giants beat us when I seriously think we are the batter team.

Heyer screwed up once allowing one sack

someone else screwed up and allowed a sack

I saw the right Guard totally let one defensive lineman run right past him, he kinda side stepped him to block a LB or someone else.

No one was opening holes in the D-line for Portis to run through

Campbell could have stepped up in the pocket on the fumble

Moss could have come back for the ball, instead he leveled off his route and seemed to just jog to the sideline allowing the defender to intercept the ball.

Hall missed a few tackles

Smoot missed a few tackles

Landry wanted to take someones head off but either kept whiffing on the play or he redirected them. He failed to stop them. Piss poor tackling.

Boss seemed to have a good day cause Fletcher either could not keep up or was 5yrds behind every catch.

so on and so forth.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 02:16 PM   #30
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
Sounded like normal locker room chatter about what they could do, should do, can do, or refuse to get done. Speaking of blowing people out, they have to first demonstrate they can score twenty one points a game, and even then, that score would hardly be on the way to blowing anybody out.

Further, they're going to continue to hear the fans voice their negative aproval until they can demonstrate (on a consistent basis) they can go out and do all these things they say they SHOULD be doing. Talking is cheap and easy, the fans want to see results, and until they do the criticizm will continue. They say we don't know, and we don't understand......well some of us may not understand this "rocket science" they call football, but we do know and understand what we see, and all too often what we see is not pretty and leaves a lot to be desired. THEY say they're going to be better. We're waiting.
Ya know your 100% correct. I'm almost missing Norv Turner at this point. He atleast got us to the play offs frequently. It's a crying shame when I'm starting to think that way.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote