Old 08-21-2017, 12:57 PM   #106
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Re: P/S week 2. Packers thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
They went 3-1 just last year

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.e83a612362b6

With their 20-13 win over the Bucs last Wednesday, the Redskins finished the 2016 preseason 3-1. That makes six consecutive years that Washington has won at least three of its four preseason games. Since 2011, the Redskins are 19-5 in the preseason, the best mark in the NFL. The Eagles are 18-6 during the same time period, while the Lions, Seahawks and Texans are all 17-7. Oakland is an NFL-worst 6-18 over the last six preseasons, while Buffalo, which played five preseason games in 2014, has gone 7-18.
Gosh, I might be a drama queen but I have to take it out: that pre season is hard on my nerves! Because you don't know how to read it (other than our D has improved):

Does it simply mean nothing?

Is it just that they don't care ?

If so, is it a problem (that they don't care)? Will it translate into the beginning of the regular season?

Or is there a real football problem?

Is it a good thing because it gives the coaches cause to fire them up before week 1 ?

At this point all I know is football is a week to week/play by play game and absolutely anything can happen at any moment.

Just anxious for the season to start to know where we're at!

Advertisements
Old 08-22-2017, 12:41 AM   #107
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Gosh, I might be a drama queen but I have to take it out: that pre season is hard on my nerves! Because you don't know how to read it (other than our D has improved):

Does it simply mean nothing?

Is it just that they don't care ?

If so, is it a problem (that they don't care)? Will it translate into the beginning of the regular season?

Or is there a real football problem?

Is it a good thing because it gives the coaches cause to fire them up before week 1 ?

At this point all I know is football is a week to week/play by play game and absolutely anything can happen at any moment.

Just anxious for the season to start to know where we're at!
Based on that pre season stat, I hope we win the 1st half Sunday but lose the game.

Get the losses over now.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 01:52 AM   #108
FlyerSkin

If we go 0-4 but played decent I wouldn't worry, but we are looking lethargic as a whole. You would think with both starting and backup jobs on the line that we would see some spark in a lot of guys, but that isn't the case thus far.
FlyerSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 02:20 AM   #109
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Based on that pre season stat, I hope we win the 1st half Sunday but lose the game.

Get the losses over now.
Yeah I really don't care about the record, just the starting offense worrying me a bit. I know they're better than that, but I don't want them getting to a slow regular season start... Because our schedule is tough this year !
Old 08-22-2017, 11:28 AM   #110
metalskins
The Starter

Certainly I always want to see the Redskins win whether it's preseason, regular season, or post season. But, I'm more concerned with how the starters perform, and so far, I haven't been very impressed. That last drive before the half was impressive, and it seems like the offense finally woke up. But, the running game is struggling, the pass protection was horrible in the first game, and Cousins has missed on some wide open throws.

I usually don't even watch the last game of the preseason, but I do try to catch the third game if possible.
Old 08-23-2017, 12:12 AM   #111
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
Certainly I always want to see the Redskins win whether it's preseason, regular season, or post season. But, I'm more concerned with how the starters perform, and so far, I haven't been very impressed. That last drive before the half was impressive, and it seems like the offense finally woke up. But, the running game is struggling, the pass protection was horrible in the first game, and Cousins has missed on some wide open throws.

I usually don't even watch the last game of the preseason, but I do try to catch the third game if possible.
Week 3 is my 1st game of the season. I know it's only pre-season but I'm amped. HTTR.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 10:08 AM   #112
Ruhskins
Living Legend

I honestly don't care if they go 0-4 or 4-0 in the preseason, since the majority of the preseason games are played by 2nd and 3rd string players.

What has bothered me is how bad our starting offense has looked. I understand that they are playing a watered down vanilla offense, but it is a bit disheartening to see them having the same offensive struggles that afflicted the team last year (poor running game, inability to score inside the red zone, wasting turnover opportunities, etc., etc.).

I know this is not a fair statement to make, but also as much drama we've had surrounding Cousins and how much he wants to get paid, it is annoying to see him be very average.

That being said, I hope the team has a better showing in the dress rehearsal game.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 11:05 AM   #113
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

The preseason is for shaking off the dust, and making sure you are ready for the start. I don't really mind KC's average start because he has a whole new corps of receivers on the field, and a new voice in his head. I AM glad that they worked the whole first half, and I hope they work the first half + a drive or two in the second. As for vanilla schemes, again that's fine, just execute the vanilla stuff with no penalties, and good game speed. If the other side stops it - c'est la guerre.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote