Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Ugly week 1 again... Post game thread.

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-14-2017, 01:45 PM   #166
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Re: Ugly week 1 again... Post game thread.

We definitely are seeing a bit of overreaction after just one game. I usually see that in the game day thread.

Advertisements
Old 09-16-2017, 01:50 AM   #167
Skins4L
Impact Rookie

in 2015 we opened up with a loss to the dolphins and we won the division.

gotta wait and see how these things play out...
we all want something to talk about I get it but its just not pretty after an opening loss.
Old 09-16-2017, 08:23 AM   #168
Eagles1
Camp Scrub

Token Eagles fan here.

My take on week 1

-I finally understand the disdain some have for KC. Watching from afar he seems like a solid QB but some of his decisions are just brutal. He def. had some accuracy issues as well.
-Pryor is going to be a very good WR but getting the opposing teams #1 CB is going to be a big challenge for a guy still learning the position. Team would've been better served keeping at least one of the WR's that walked. Having Garçon around would really help Cousins.
-Gruden needs to get Cousins moving. He throws on the run well and it takes pressure off the o-line. I think doing this early might settle Cousins down as well.
-Speaking of O-lines, they looked pretty bad. The Eagles have a very good d-line but they were dominated last year in both games.

-The fumble / TD was an incomplete pass.

Overall I see the Skins as a 6-8 win team. Loss at WR and an inconsistent run game is going to put too much pressure on the D which is good but not great.
Eagles1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 11:22 AM   #169
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Certainly not the token eagle fan I'm familiar with...good post

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 11:44 AM   #170
rocnrik
Playmaker

Eagles fan who has more insight than a lot of skins fans ..We have fans who think Cousins should be paid 30 million per season..he is the man to lead us to the big show..He won't win 6 games this year.
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 11:49 AM   #171
MTK
\m/

Yawn, some of you guys just love to wallow in negativity. Find a new hobby if you're so miserable with watching your so called team.
Old 09-16-2017, 11:56 AM   #172
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles1 View Post
Token Eagles fan here.

My take on week 1

-I finally understand the disdain some have for KC. Watching from afar he seems like a solid QB but some of his decisions are just brutal. He def. had some accuracy issues as well.
-Pryor is going to be a very good WR but getting the opposing teams #1 CB is going to be a big challenge for a guy still learning the position. Team would've been better served keeping at least one of the WR's that walked. Having Garçon around would really help Cousins.
-Gruden needs to get Cousins moving. He throws on the run well and it takes pressure off the o-line. I think doing this early might settle Cousins down as well.
-Speaking of O-lines, they looked pretty bad. The Eagles have a very good d-line but they were dominated last year in both games.

-The fumble / TD was an incomplete pass.

Overall I see the Skins as a 6-8 win team. Loss at WR and an inconsistent run game is going to put too much pressure on the D which is good but not great.
Welcome and please stick around. I live in the Philly area and I can say your reasoned, thoughtful, balanced view is not the norm amongst Eagles fans around here. I mostly just hear dude Cousins sucks Carson Wentz will be MVP! Dur!

I also saw it as you did. The offensive line did not play up to their capability. At the same time the Eagle front four deserves major credit, they played even better than they usually do. I look at the Eagles as a team on the come if Brandon Graham continues to play that well. In the last season or so that guy has really turned into something, and playing next to Cox that creates problems for any line, even good ones like the Skins.

I expect the Skins line to get it together quickly, which will help Cousins. Next time we play at the Linc I expect it to be a much better game. Neither team executed well in the opener, Wentz left a lot of throws out there as well. I expect him to hit those next time, and I expect Cousins to settle in. Should be a very good one.
Old 09-16-2017, 11:59 AM   #173
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Yawn, some of you guys just love to wallow in negativity. Find a new hobby if you're so miserable with watching your so called team.
I'm starting to think your lenses are a little too burgundy shaded, though.

I agree there is a lot of negative overreaction up in here, but I think the Eagles fan nails it perfectly, there is a lot of valid concern, enough to call us a 6-8 win team. I fall closer to the 8 than the 6.
Old 09-16-2017, 12:48 PM   #174
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I'm starting to think your lenses are a little too burgundy shaded, though.

I agree there is a lot of negative overreaction up in here, but I think the Eagles fan nails it perfectly, there is a lot of valid concern, enough to call us a 6-8 win team. I fall closer to the 8 than the 6.

I wasn't responding to Eagles guy. It's the constant complaining for the sake of complaining that gets old.
Old 09-16-2017, 01:24 PM   #175
redskinjim
Special Teams

cousins stunk he is nervous wreck why?
redskinjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 02:00 PM   #176
MTK
\m/

8-10 wins is likely the ceiling for this team, too much burgundy? For some unless you're predicting 0-4 wins apparently it is.
Old 09-16-2017, 05:44 PM   #177
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
8-10 wins is likely the ceiling for this team, too much burgundy? For some unless you're predicting 0-4 wins apparently it is.
Honestly Matty if you think 10 is possible in this division with the AFC West and NFC West on the schedule, yeah that's probably too optimistic.
Old 09-16-2017, 05:48 PM   #178
Schneed10
A Dude

If we had beaten the Eagles in week one then there's an outside chance 10 could be on the table. But that had to be one of the ten. Can't see ten coming from the 15 remaining games.
Old 09-17-2017, 08:12 AM   #179
Eagles1
Camp Scrub

Been a lurker on this site for a while. Seems like one of the better run fan sites and to be perfectly honest al lot of "typical" Eagles fans annoy the hell out of me. There are some definite kook-aid drinkers on this site also but not as bad as the Philly guys who scream Super Bowl after week 1 and fire everyone after their first loss and basically no nothing about the game.

Starting to get the feeling the NFC East is gonna be a dogfight between a bunch of flawed teams. Giants o-line is a mess and that's not getting fixed. Dallas' D benefited from a great ball control O last year. I don't see the O or D playing that well this year. The Eagles are weak on the back end the run game is suspect. Skins need the O to get in gear. Really a make or break year for KC.
Overall don't see a team winning more than 10 in the East.
Eagles1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 11:18 AM   #180
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Honestly Matty if you think 10 is possible in this division with the AFC West and NFC West on the schedule, yeah that's probably too optimistic.

That was my view before week 1. 10 is probably a reach but I guess I like to stay on the optimistic side of things.