Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Ugly week 1 again... Post game thread.

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-11-2017, 11:12 AM   #61
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Re: Ugly week 1 again... Post game thread.

I felt yesterday like everything that could go wrong, did go wrong. I mean Crowder's fumble? Jeebus. I just hate that we start so slow every year and that's on coaching. I think the most noticeable thing for me was the lack of chemistry with receivers (Kirk also looked a little tight). Defense looked VASTLY improved to me. We didn't constantly get gashed with the run game against a pretty good offensive line. We got pressure, we stuffed the run and did pretty well in the passing game. I know Wentz had over 300 yards, but it as a couple of fluke big plays. Maybe I'm just excusing it, but thought the D played pretty well overall.

Lauvao I'm still hating on SO much. I know he's just one player, but he just lets SO much pressure in. It's one thing to have a bad player, but he is the pure result of almost all of the pressure up the middle.

I think if Kirk can work out his timing with the new receivers, I think the offense will be just fine. I worry that next week we'll see a lot more of the same if we keep turning the ball over, considering Aaron Donald is just as good as Cox. Rams looked good, but still not worried about Goff. Their offensive line is not quite as good as Philly's.

I have hope, but was frustrated yesterday for old reasons at the same time.

Advertisements
Old 09-11-2017, 11:21 AM   #62
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I don't see 0-4, If we beat the Rams I'd say 2-2 is possible. The nfl changes week to week. If we lose to LAR then I'll say 1-3.

Well the Chiefs just spanked the Pats so doubtful we win that and Oakland has more budding talent on offense than we do. So I'm thinking maybe 1-3 but most likely 0-4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 11:22 AM   #63
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Until we can hit some plays over the top expect every team we see to blitz. Gruden needs to move Doc over to X and give him some of Pryor's reps. The guy isn't a number one wr so stop trying to make him into something he's not.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 11:22 AM   #64
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Yup. I'd say everybody shares the blame on this one. Several things stood out to me, like Morgan Moses getting beat, along with Long and Lauvao. Pryor needs to step up, I knew his run blocking would be a drop off from Garcon's but there were several times his poor effort led to run plays not getting past the LOS. Not to mention the dropped balls or his inability to track down the deep ball early. Doctson obviously needs to get his shit in order, no idea why he's 4th on the depth chart. And we all saw the inaccurate throws by Kirk, I have no idea why that's happening but we don't stand a chance if he can't deliver an accurate pass. Not sure if it's the pressure throwing him off or his mechanics are off but he needs to be better.

Because the coaches have a hard on for Ryan Grant. However he was decent yesterday.

Old 09-11-2017, 11:23 AM   #65
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

8 months of anticipation to watch that? I knew having Pierre and D-Jax gone was going to sting. I still can't believe the Redskins let both of them go. Pryor won't come close to filling the void left from either one. I think I invented some new cuss words watching that game.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 11:25 AM   #66
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Because the coaches have a hard on for Ryan Grant. However he was decent yesterday.

I think its Cooley twitter and re-tweet by Keim where Cooley points out that Grant got a screen but went outside instead of inside running the ball.

Cost the Skins 6 points. If Grant would have cut it inside it was a TD.

I fuckin hate the guy.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 11:26 AM   #67
VirgilTibbs

No surprise. Jay Gruden was not a qualifed head coach when we hired him and never will be. Doubt if a real GM across the league would have even given him a shot. Bruce Allen the politician playing President/GM (a position he's not even qualified for) wanted to hook his buddy up from years ago in Tampa. Snyder keeps Allen around because he can follow orders, play the part, talk the talk, and his dad was an icon. It's still a mess with this organization from top down.

You won't win anything if Jordan Reed who shows up on the weekly injury report is your only offensive threat. Outside of him, Trent Williams, Kerrigan, and Norman, the roster is still filled with below average and mediocre players forced to start (Ryan Grant) and we are starting a project at rb, Ziggy Hood at NT who probably wouldn't even make another teams roster, a QB transitioned into a WR as our #1 who had 1 good season and is still learning how to catch the ball, and backups like Morgan Moses as starters on the oline to protect our turnover prone slightly above average QB that will lose more games than win. We've wasted high draft picks on "safe" guys like Scherff instead of drafting a true impact player, Doctson who currently is just a name, and Cravens who decides to quit before season start to figure out his life.

Good coaches can make average players play better. Good players can make average coaches look better. Dysfunctional management hiring bad coaches coaching bad players results in what we saw yesterday.

6-10
VirgilTibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 11:27 AM   #68
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
Doctson who? Was supposed to be healthy today. He's the new Malcolm Kelly.

he was healthy, he just didn't play
SkinsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 11:29 AM   #69
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Ugly week 1 again... Post game thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsGuru View Post
he was healthy, he just didn't play

I saw him in on at least one play. But real talk, if they're keeping a guy, who was a round 1 draft pick on the sideline who is supposedly healthy, then there's something very bad going on behind the scenes.

Old 09-11-2017, 11:31 AM   #70
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Until we can hit some plays over the top expect every team we see to blitz. Gruden needs to move Doc over to X and give him some of Pryor's reps. The guy isn't a number one wr so stop trying to make him into something he's not.
Doctson isn't a #1 either
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 11:35 AM   #71
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
Doctson isn't a #1 either
At this point, we don't know what he is bc after full year he cant get on the field because he's soft.

He Gets Us
Old 09-11-2017, 11:50 AM   #72
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

the other side of the coin.

we (collectively) knew that the Skins would lay an egg week 1. That's what a Gruden coached team does. But, it wasn't as big an egg as the last 3 years. It looked like they got the dust shaken off by mid 2nd quarter, and kept it a competitive game.

The offensive line will get better, even if we see TW move to guard and bring Nsekhe in. (I always wonder why Nsekhe couldn't make the shift to guard).

Defense can defend the run a lot better, and also can defend the perimeter plays well. 3rd downs need to get better.

KC will not have another 4 turnover game this season except maybe against the Giants.

Crowder was dealing with something about his hip. I didn't know that. I think the offense gels next week.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 11:58 AM   #73
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
At this point, we don't know what he is bc after full year he cant get on the field because he's soft.
He may be soft but he was out there yesterday and Gruden wanted to force feed Pryor.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 12:03 PM   #74
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
He may be soft but he was out there yesterday and Gruden wanted to force feed Pryor.
Doctson needs to be out there period. And Gruden wanted to play Grant.

He Gets Us
Old 09-11-2017, 12:08 PM   #75
MTK
\m/

Pryor and KC need reps together, they're not going to get on track if they don't throw to him. Doctson is probably behind at this point, I'm sure his reps will only continue to go up.