Bittersweet post game thread.

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-04-2017, 05:14 PM   #106
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Bittersweet post game thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
Theres some indivisual twitter posts etc but thwy are REALLY keeping that one out of the light, especially how the flag didnt even fucking come out til the chiefs DIDNT convert the td.... absolute garbage. And no. From all the pics, and they have NOT realeased the pylon angle AT ALL..... no one is lined up in the nuetral zone, at all. Absolute joke. 100% cheating.
seems like you can go to NFL and get the all 22 if you wanted to. I know that it's very likely a blown call, but they could have called Pryor on his touchdown.

Until the NFL figures out a much better system of review and replay there are always going to be the ones that just were blown from the gitgo.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-04-2017, 05:17 PM   #107
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Very good wrap up on the KC game by Rich Tandler:

Need to Know: Last look at Redskins vs. Chiefs | NBC Sports Washington

One of the interesting tidbits:
—According to Football Outsiders, the Redskins have had the second toughest schedule in the league in terms of the combined DVOA of their opponents. If you prefer raw win totals, Washington’s four opponents have combined to win 12 games, the most of any opposing slate in the NFL. But the FO folks say it gets easier from here; the Redskins’ opponents have a combined DVOA that ranks 26th. Of course, nothing is easy in the NFL but if the Redskins are as good as fans hope they are (and FO says they are the fourth-best in overall DVOA) they may be able to make a run after their bye.
This is all true, of course, but it's perhaps a bit inflated by the fact that there are two 0-4 teams -- the Giants (who we play twice) and 49ers -- on our schedule. But we should assume that both teams will play the Redskins hard -- the Giants because NFC East games are that way, and the 49ers because you KNOW that Kyle is going to want to stick it to Snyder in the worst way. And the 49ers have no offense, but their defense has improved a lot. I don't care what the record is of any team we're playing anymore -- good or bad. We just need to go out and execute like we're capable of doing. If the Redskins can do that, they will win often and convincingly.
Old 10-04-2017, 05:22 PM   #108
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I think the important part of that stat is that we played a very tough stretch of our schedule and split. That bodes well for the rest of it. Division games have their own history, but I'm not sold that Shanahan will be able to motivate his team simply because of his disdain for Snyder. Now, if Garcon gets in on the act as a locker room leader, than maybe they do find a hidden motivation. But I really doubt it.
Old 10-04-2017, 05:30 PM   #109
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
This is all true, of course, but it's perhaps a bit inflated by the fact that there are two 0-4 teams -- the Giants (who we play twice) and 49ers -- on our schedule. But we should assume that both teams will play the Redskins hard -- the Giants because NFC East games are that way, and the 49ers because you KNOW that Kyle is going to want to stick it to Snyder in the worst way. And the 49ers have no offense, but their defense has improved a lot. I don't care what the record is of any team we're playing anymore -- good or bad. We just need to go out and execute like we're capable of doing. If the Redskins can do that, they will win often and convincingly.
Chargers are also 0fer. That will change cuz the Chargers play the Giants this week, somebody has to win. But we definitely have some very winnable games coming up.
Old 10-04-2017, 05:43 PM   #110
WillH
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Very good wrap up on the KC game by Rich Tandler:

Need to Know: Last look at Redskins vs. Chiefs | NBC Sports Washington

One of the interesting tidbits:

—According to Football Outsiders, the Redskins have had the second toughest schedule in the league in terms of the combined DVOA of their opponents. If you prefer raw win totals, Washington’s four opponents have combined to win 12 games, the most of any opposing slate in the NFL. But the FO folks say it gets easier from here; the Redskins’ opponents have a combined DVOA that ranks 26th. Of course, nothing is easy in the NFL but if the Redskins are as good as fans hope they are (and FO says they are the fourth-best in overall DVOA) they may be able to make a run after their bye.

And BTW:

Philly is right there with us, they've had the 7th hardest so far and have the 26th hardest going forward, which means the balance is slightly in our favor, and probably would be reversed if we won week 1.

New York seems to have gotten the short end of the stick this year. They've had the 6th hardest so far and have the 3rd hardest going forward.

Dallas on the other hand, has only had the 23rd hardest so far, and have the 5th hardest going forward.

This all makes complete sense to me compared to the eye test.

Philly looks good, and they are our biggest obstacle in the NFCE. I think our team now is much better than our team week 1, but it won't be an easy task to topple Philly. We better learn how to bottle up Wentz, if we do, I think we win in Philly.

NY looks awful, but perhaps not as bad as 0-4 would suggest. They've played tough teams, but I don't think they climb out of the hole this year. A tough schedule won't make it an easier.

Dallas has not looked good to me at all, but somehow they're 2-2. Well, they beat 2 bad teams, and lost to 2 good ones. Our only common opponent thus far was the Rams, we won and they lost. You can never underestimate a divisional opponent, and they're too good to think we should roll over them, but I think we have a good chance of sweeping them this year. As good a chance as I can remember. They play GB this week, they are a good to middling 3-1 team. Should be a good gauge of if they can hang with a decent opponent. My guess is .... no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-04-2017, 05:50 PM   #111
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillH View Post
And BTW:

Philly is right there with us, they've had the 7th hardest so far and have the 26th hardest going forward, which means the balance is slightly in our favor, and probably would be reversed if we won week 1.

New York seems to have gotten the short end of the stick this year. They've had the 6th hardest so far and have the 3rd hardest going forward.

Dallas on the other hand, has only had the 23rd hardest so far, and have the 5th hardest going forward.

This all makes complete sense to me compared to the eye test.

Philly looks good, and they are our biggest obstacle in the NFCE. I think our team now is much better than our team week 1, but it won't be an easy task to topple Philly. We better learn how to bottle up Wentz, if we do, I think we win in Philly.

NY looks awful, they've played tough teams, but I don't think they climb out of the hole this year. A tough schedule won't make it an easier.

Dallas has not looked good to me at all, but somehow they're 2-2. Well, they beat 2 bad teams, and lost to 2 good ones. Our only common opponent thus far was the Rams, we won and they lost. You can never underestimate a divisional opponent, and they're too good to think we should roll over them, but I think we have a good chance of sweeping them this year. As good a chance as I can remember. They play GB this week, they are a good to middling 3-1 team. Should be a good gauge of if they can hang with a decent opponent. My guess is .... no.

I don't know that I agree about the Eagles, they lost to KC in Arrowhead, like us, and yes they beat us, but I think the score was definitely misleading. On the other hand they beat the 0-4 Chargers by 2 and the 0-4 Giants by 3. I hate that we play them on Monday night, and that will be a critical (not must win) game, but their play against their opponents so far doesn't make me think much of them. In fact I think they could easily go 0-2 against the Cardinals and the Panthers before we see them again.
Old 10-04-2017, 05:56 PM   #112
WillH
The Starter

The 0-4 teams aren't as bad as their record, but fair enough. They looked like a good team against us and KC though. I watched most of that game, I think they're a challenge, and they're a matchup problem for us with a scrambling QB and a decent TE. Top to bottom though, I do think our team looks better. Our Defense is definitely more gelled now and I think that will be the difference from week one when we face them again, they have some time to work on their weaknesses before facing them again.

Old 10-04-2017, 07:27 PM   #113
calia
Playmaker

Unless and until we get some guys healthy on D, we won't fare better against Philly. At full strength, I like our chances going forward. But we are as banged up at week 4 as I can recall, which is really concerning. Nicholson couldn't raise his arm very well, Norman has a busted rib (and lung issue), Kelley a sprained ankle, I read somewhere that Foster's foot is like a purple balloon. Nseke is out for a number of weeks (and we all winced when Trent went out for a short while the other night). I hope these guys are bubble wrapped and covered in ice for the next 7 days.
Old 10-05-2017, 04:31 PM   #114
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Re-watched the game, All 22 version.

-KC had a solid game. He seems to really like Docston because on a few plays (including the would have been game winning TD) he threw to him while somebody else was more open.

Though this is not a positive, this tells me KC and Docston are developing a chemistry, and Kirk likes what Josh is showing at practice!

- Even if it's sometimes hard to tell who's responsible for what, it seems Zach Brown blew quite a few coverages. He's been a major improvement but he needs to improve his zone coverage skills. To me he's trying to key the eyes of the QB too much, while forgetting he's assignment.

-Spaight is getting used to the flow of the game, missed one tackle or two (but pursuit was there) and should've stayed with his guy instead of coming down to Alex Smith on the final drive, but overall he's improved a lot.
He made some plays and read perfectly a read option play where Smith kept the ball, he shed his block in a blink and made the tackle.

-Our secondary is the real deal, especially with Norman, hope he heals soon.

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 10-05-2017, 11:46 PM   #115
WillH
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Chargers are also 0fer. That will change cuz the Chargers play the Giants this week, somebody has to win. But we definitely have some very winnable games coming up.

They could always tie. I'm hoping for the first 0-0 score. I'd watch that game.

Old 10-06-2017, 12:48 AM   #116
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillH View Post
They could always tie. I'm hoping for the first 0-0 score. I'd watch that game.

That would mean it would be a total defensive, punt/turnover battle. I don't think I could handle 4 quarters of that. Still, I'd be in awe if it happened though.
Old 10-06-2017, 01:02 AM   #117
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
If the Chargers beat the Giants, I'll actually feel bad for the 1 Giants fan I know. He's nice as shit. Not a typical NFCE opposing fan I'm use to.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote