Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Skins v. Packers Gameday Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-08-2019, 05:47 PM   #286
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: Skins v. Packers Gameday Thread

We suck, the o line sucks, and the playcalling worse than sucks. Anyone that expects Haskins to flourish is asking for the impossible.

How can a rookie QB on a bad team succeed with

1st down: run
2nd down: run
3rd down: Convert with an overrated as fuck OL, young WRs, and against a D that knows you have to throw it
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-08-2019, 05:52 PM   #287
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
OK, my take moving forward..............We are fine with Haskins and our WR's & RB's ......whether through FA or draft.....or trade.........we need a pass catching TE.....we need several quality OL guys.....and we need some quality n our DB's . Remember Reuben Foster is due back and our DL is solid. If Alex Smith can't come back ,we need a backup QB not on this team now. It looks like the Giants will get Chase Young.......we better get someone to block him. Bruce Allen must go. I wouldn't be totally upset to see Callahan stay if we can't do better. I'm 50/50 on Manusky. now since the D is playing much better. I think we part ways with Trent,Reed,Norman, McCoy,Keenum, Thompson, but Vernon Davis is worth keeping.....and a few others are on the bubble.
Dude if we don’t fire Bruce and completely fire the entire coaching staff I’m going to be livid.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 06:49 PM   #288
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
You may be right. But then on the last drive I see Haskins drive the offense down the field for a score. Until Haskins has a unfettered OC with a real NFL offensive scheme, I think you have to give him more time. Ultimately he may end up being a RG3, Jason Campbell or Heath Shuler draft busts. But when you use a first round #15 pick you have to give him a proper shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He only needs more time because he has horrendous fundamental flaws that could improve his accuracy if corrected. Right now it is an insult to RG3 to compare the two. Haskins has had a grand total of zero games where he hasn't been a boat anchor to the offense in 6 appearances. He has a 58.5 QB rating so far in his rookie year, RG3 was a 102.4. How is Haskins going to do when the league figures him out? Please stop being hopeful about this guy, he has shown NOTHING so far.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 06:54 PM   #289
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
He only needs more time because he has horrendous fundamental flaws that could improve his accuracy if corrected. Right now it is an insult to RG3 to compare the two. Haskins has had a grand total of zero games where he hasn't been a boat anchor to the offense in 6 appearances. He has a 58.5 QB rating so far in his rookie year, RG3 was a 102.4. How is Haskins going to do when the league figures him out? Please stop being hopeful about this guy, he has shown NOTHING so far.
RG3'S rookie year, we had excellent playcalling based on his talents.

It's also insulting to Haskins to act like all things are equal. This coaching staff is setting him up for failure.
Old 12-08-2019, 06:56 PM   #290
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Just don't get the constant shitting on Haskins with what he is given to work with. And considering he was always considered to be a project due to limited starts at OSU.
Old 12-08-2019, 07:32 PM   #291
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Otherwise I thought these guys played hard, but they got no help from the coaches. Who the fuck is calling that an NFL offense? Unimaginative, predictable that is the Redskins offense. They should have put Case in the game if you ask me.
I said the same thing re: your entire post. Almost verbatim.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 07:34 PM   #292
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

The fact is Haskins doesn't look good but he's also a rookie that played 1 year in college.. There is no reason to call him a bust yet, now if he sucks next yr then yeah he's a bust most likely
Old 12-08-2019, 08:01 PM   #293
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
The fact is Haskins doesn't look good but he's also a rookie that played 1 year in college.. There is no reason to call him a bust yet, now if he sucks next yr then yeah he's a bust most likely
+1

ITT: a bunch of guys mad because our new QB doesn't work right fresh out of the box.

Let's see what he can do next year with a year under his belt and a fresh coaching staff and some new talent at key positions. You guys are acting like we surrounded him with a cast of all-pros.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 08:45 PM   #294
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
That is not an excuse to throw wild passes and not have your feet set so you can throw the ball with some kind of accuracy.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 09:59 PM   #295
tsmia4fun
Camp Scrub

Your absolutely right about everything

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
tsmia4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 10:02 PM   #296
tsmia4fun
Camp Scrub

True to a certain extent...but when the defense doesn't respect you,you have to prove yourself...and he's is not...

Old 12-08-2019, 10:04 PM   #297
tsmia4fun
Camp Scrub

He definitely will get that chance...will be interesting to see who will be coaching him

Old 12-08-2019, 11:06 PM   #298
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmia4fun View Post
He definitely will get that chance...will be interesting to see who will be coaching him

No offense, but you can comment in the same post, instead of making three separate posts back-to-back.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 02:09 AM   #299
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Do you mean when McLaughlin had to reach back to make a one handed grab cause the pass was so far behind him? That has nothing to do with the OC. He simply can't consistently hit open wr's.

He has accuracy problems, yes. His footwork needs work, yes. But when the OC ran a series of plays not geared to some archaic and super predictable 1960’s style of run oriented offense, he drove the team down the field.

The OL is weak in pass protection, the OC or Callahan is calling a very predictable, super run-heavy offensive scheme, the RB (both AP and Thompson) routinely miss blocks in pass protection. We have poor TE. Our starting WR are all new. It would be difficult for anyone to succeed consistently with these handicaps. Not excusing his play, nor am I saying he will succeed in the NFL. But calling a rookie QB a bust after 4 games is premature. Maybe we’ll know more by the end of the season.

The team has a great draft pick coming up. Maybe in the top 3. It’s important that if BA is fired and we get a good or very good HC that the team use this draft pick well. If the team wastes that pick on another QB, when there are 3 holes on the OL, or Chase Young is available that would hurt the team just when we have a chance to dig itself out of the crater that Snyder and BA have made.

It’s easy to say, Haskin’s sucks, Sweat sucks. Until this team is properly coached it’s tough to evaluate rookie players. I myself reserve judgement until the season is over and we see how much Haskins grows or doesn’t grow in the next three games. You can’t succeed in the NFL unless you have a franchise QB. We need to get one whether it’s Haskins or someone in this draft.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 07:46 AM   #300
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
He has accuracy problems, yes. His footwork needs work, yes. But when the OC ran a series of plays not geared to some archaic and super predictable 1960’s style of run oriented offense, he drove the team down the field.

The OL is weak in pass protection, the OC or Callahan is calling a very predictable, super run-heavy offensive scheme, the RB (both AP and Thompson) routinely miss blocks in pass protection. We have poor TE. Our starting WR are all new. It would be difficult for anyone to succeed consistently with these handicaps. Not excusing his play, nor am I saying he will succeed in the NFL. But calling a rookie QB a bust after 4 games is premature. Maybe we’ll know more by the end of the season.

The team has a great draft pick coming up. Maybe in the top 3. It’s important that if BA is fired and we get a good or very good HC that the team use this draft pick well. If the team wastes that pick on another QB, when there are 3 holes on the OL, or Chase Young is available that would hurt the team just when we have a chance to dig itself out of the crater that Snyder and BA have made.

It’s easy to say, Haskin’s sucks, Sweat sucks. Until this team is properly coached it’s tough to evaluate rookie players. I myself reserve judgement until the season is over and we see how much Haskins grows or doesn’t grow in the next three games. You can’t succeed in the NFL unless you have a franchise QB. We need to get one whether it’s Haskins or someone in this draft.

I totally agree......

... though I would add one further point, even if we accept that Haskins is a bust, drafting a quarterback in round 1 this year makes no sense unless you commit to spending a small fortune on O line FAs, otherwise the new guy will get killed an we will be back to where we started
Any new coach/gm has a lot of work to do to fix this mess, give them a year or two to get things sorted, especially the Oline, then draft a quarterback. Haskins will have then had a fair chance to prove his worth, or not
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote