Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Bruce Out??

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2019, 01:33 AM   #31
Warthog
The Starter

Re: Bruce Out??

It appears that Bruce Allen will no longer be making any football decisions. The real issue is whether he will be fired completely.

It appears that Snyder wants to move quickly toward getting a HC, perhaps a GM and Vice President of the overall operations.

My vote is:

Kyle Smith for GM (currently head of Redskins scouting)

Eric Bieniemy for GM (currently KS Chiefs OC)

I think Bruce Allen will be completely fired from the Redskins organization. The Redskins have no ability to get a elite GM or HC or DC with Allen around in any capacity. I think they floated the idea of firing BA from football operations, to see how this was going to be reported in the media and how fans reacted. Because there is universal joy and happiness in Redskins land with the initial news float about BA, I think Snyder will go all the way and dump his longtime buddy and confidante.

I also think by the end of the week following the Cowboys game we’ll see the end of Allen and have a new GM and HC. Even Snyder can learn from his mistakes, although it took him 20 years to get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"

Advertisements
Old 12-29-2019, 03:14 AM   #32
Ruhskins
Living Legend

All of this makes me think that Snyder is trying to get BA to quit/retire, instead of having to fire him.I believe the same thing happened with Vinny. Snyder gave him a demotion and he quit instead of being demoted.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
R.I.P. #21
Old 12-29-2019, 03:40 AM   #33
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
All of this makes me think that Snyder is trying to get BA to quit/retire, instead of having to fire him.I believe the same thing happened with Vinny. Snyder gave him a demotion and he quit instead of being demoted.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Yeah Finlay had this as a possible scenario last week on Sheehan's podcast. That a non-football title would be offered and BA would turn it down.
Old 12-29-2019, 05:07 AM   #34
Warthog
The Starter

I don’t care if he is fired or offers his resignation - I just want him gone out of the Redskins franchise, in any capacity.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Old 12-29-2019, 08:12 AM   #35
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Why would the Rams want to hire Bruce Allen? Why would anyone want to hire Bruce Allen?
I don't believe that at all
Old 12-29-2019, 09:23 AM   #36
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Here’s the Allen Rams connection:

Allen hired Rams COO Kevin Demoff in 2005. With the Bucs, Demoff assisted in contract negotiations, salary cap management, strategic planning, and both college and pro scouting. Allen’s tenure with the Bucs also coincided with the arrival of Rams coach Sean McVay, who served as assistant receivers coach in 2008, the last year of the Allen/Jon Gruden regime in Tampa.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 12-29-2019, 09:36 AM   #37
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
I don’t care if he is fired or offers his resignation - I just want him gone out of the Redskins franchise, in any capacity.

I understand that sentiment, but the idea that nothing will change if Bruce isn’t completely gone is kind of irrational. There are A LOT of things to hate about Bruce Allen, we can all agree on that. But just because someone sucks at running an entire company doesn’t mean they suck at literally everything and are not qualified to do anything.

Bruce is a bad GM, but i honestly do think he has the ability and personality to deal with politicians to get a stadium deal done. If he’s in some role where that his is one and only job, then good - it will free up the new president and GM to focus entirely on the football side of operations.

Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 12-29-2019, 09:36 AM   #38
rocnrik
Playmaker

Sean McVay is probably thinking I escaped that mess once... not agian ..
Old 12-29-2019, 10:05 AM   #39
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post

Bruce is a bad GM, but i honestly do think he has the ability and personality to deal with politicians to get a stadium deal done. If he’s in some role where that his is one and only job, then good - it will free up the new president and GM to focus entirely on the football side of operations.

+1

I have nothing against Bruce Allen the schmoozing politician who runs business affairs.

My only concern would be potential candidates not wanting to come here if he even works in the building.
Old 12-29-2019, 10:15 AM   #40
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
+1

I have nothing against Bruce Allen the schmoozing politician who runs business affairs.

My only concern would be potential candidates not wanting to come here if he even works in the building.
If he stays, Allen will meddle in football operations and make every effort to undermine his "rivals" on the football side. He can't help it. That's who he is. He loves palace intrigue. So does Snyder. He must go.
Old 12-29-2019, 10:21 AM   #41
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Hire lou riddick
Old 12-29-2019, 10:23 AM   #42
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
I understand that sentiment, but the idea that nothing will change if Bruce isn’t completely gone is kind of irrational. There are A LOT of things to hate about Bruce Allen, we can all agree on that. But just because someone sucks at running an entire company doesn’t mean they suck at literally everything and are not qualified to do anything.

I've been involved in enough businesses to know it is not irrational to fire a a failed executive rather than to reassign him. Bruce, as President was responsible for the culture of the organization. If a cultural change is desired, then he must go or the current culture will persist instead of being repudiated.
Old 12-29-2019, 10:32 AM   #43
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Bruce Out??

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
I've been involved in enough businesses to know it is not irrational to fire a a failed executive rather than to reassign him. Bruce, as President was responsible for the culture of the organization. If a cultural change is desired, then he must go or the current culture will persist instead of being repudiated.

You seem to have misread my comment.

I didn’t say that it would be irrational to fire him. I said it was irrational to think nothing would change unless we fired him.

You, and other misguided people, are asserting that this is an “all or nothing” proposition, when that is a black and white fallacy. It might be the only option that will make YOU happy, but it is not the only option that will result in dramatic improvement or a culture change.

Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.

Last edited by BigHairedAristocrat; 12-29-2019 at 11:02 AM.
Old 12-29-2019, 10:41 AM   #44
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Really bizarre that ANY other NFL franchise would be looking at bringing Allen in any capacity. I can't believe it.
Old 12-29-2019, 11:02 AM   #45
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:

I do not see stadium builder in BA’s resume. How many stadiums did he help his former teams build? Teams that needed new stadiums.
I see a polarizing insecure man who has ridden his daddy’s coat tails for to long. The only way the Redskins get a new stadium is turning around their tarnished image. Not exactly Allen’s strength. Sentiment in DC area for tax payer help to build a new stadium for Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen’s Redskins will not go far at this time. Dan has to distance himself from BA.
Add the lease at the current Stadium is through 2027. He is going to be with the Redksins until then? I hope not.
Closed Thread