Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Problem with posts or censorship?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-11-2020, 03:15 PM   #1
Meks
Pro Bowl

Problem with posts or censorship?

Diff things on several media outlets and web pages initially - but you cannot find anything on anyone native American or otherwise that is backing the name anymore. I whole heartedly believe its purposefull and it's being erased. No faith left in humanity as the sheep continue to be hearded
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-11-2020, 04:13 PM   #2
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Re: Problem with posts or censorship?

There might be something to this.
Old 07-11-2020, 04:16 PM   #3
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...T6kKKFC-CxQnEY
Old 07-11-2020, 04:49 PM   #4
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

While I don't recall there ever being an article about Native Americans backing the name it is still really easy to find the links to the survey that says 90% are not offended and another survey that describes the feeling associated with the logo. Is this what you are looking for?

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...-redskins-name

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...06e_story.html
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 05:00 PM   #5
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
Diff things on several media outlets and web pages initially - but you cannot find anything on anyone native American or otherwise that is backing the name anymore. I whole heartedly believe its purposefull and it's being erased. No faith left in humanity as the sheep continue to be hearded
This isn’t the problem...the polls, facts, data, etc are there.

woke mob intellgentsia don’t care bout no stinkin facts. They hate facts, truth and data.

Facts, data and truth is racist.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 07:10 PM   #6
Monkeydad
Living Legend

If you're talking about social media...yes, it's been a well-known fact they've been censoring people that do not agree with their politics. Employees are on video admitting it.

I also find it strange, but not surprising, that we're not being allowed to hear from anyone in opposition to this change.

This culture change movement also uses the tactic that if you publicly disagree with them, you will be destroyed. Ask Drew Brees or Curt Schilling or any number of actors that have been blacklisted simply for having a different opinion than liberal Hollywood.

Several years ago, I got BANNED from a sports logo forum for defending the Redskins. It's a Canadian-based forum so it's not shocking they oppose free speech. All of the members CONSTANTLY bashed the Redskins and called them, and ME racist for supporting the team. When I came back with facts about the history of the team or the Native American polls, I'd get warnings and month-long suspensions, After a few of those, they banned me for life. Name-calling and talking about the Redskins in a derogatory manner was acceptable but disagreeing wasn't. They'd let threads go on bashing the team and calling people racists, but once I'd step in with a different view,
"We will not discuss the name of the Redskins, thread locked and you're gone." There are idiots there that refuse to even type the name of the Redskins, they'll use asterisks and other NOT clever ways of saying it.

It's a shame, that was a great place to see uniform news and concepts, just don't dare have an opinion different than the moderators and site owner.

I recall there was another prominent forum member on WP that was also a member there, he can probably back me up on that place and my story.
Old 07-11-2020, 07:28 PM   #7
Meks
Pro Bowl

Yes that poll mentioned was accessible I found it too, i Bmore thank you for, it was from like a year ago and WOOOOSH - look at the fuckin turnaround. I agree with everything stated here. It's criminal honestly and I'm embarrassed to even be a part of what we call a country at times anymore. The fucking Blackhawks are refusing to change the name cuz it's based off a real native American person... And our logo / name isn't modeled after and had design input by a same native American person? Fuck right the fuck on off. This shit is the biggest joke in the fuckin world. The ppl crying are FUCKING WHITE, paid or in the minority amongst other folks who share the same race and heritage. Member when "bullying" was the hot button in this shit show called the USA? yea guess that's out the window. I'm so fuckin tired of everyone wanting the fucking limelight and the need to feel like they are a part of something that some moron fucking started. Go make your own way for your own cause. I WISH ... FUCKING WISH... Someone would call me racist rocking a Redskins jersey. I'd tell them to go fuck themselves and look in the mirror you following brainless piece of shit. I'm fucking tired of this. I will never stop wearing Redskins gear and I personally will NEVER give in to this bullshit society of fucking crybabies and cater to their every whim. That is not what this country is supposed to stand for. I'll never buy a single piece of merchandise for a new team and I hope Dan realizes that is how a TON of ppl feel. Fuck this bullshit. I'm fed up and if Fed ex does take the sign down and we stay the Redskins this year I'd name the stadium that, Fed Up field. Soany great implications but back to the "hot button" again - I'm fed up with this great and stories franchise being bullied and treated like shit by ppl like Elizabeth FUCKIN WARREN who is 1/64th something or other. Fuck you - you're white you fucking self entitled moron.

Rant done
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Old 07-11-2020, 08:34 PM   #8
Monkeydad
Living Legend

^ 1/1,024 to be exact.

Amen to your rant.
Old 07-11-2020, 08:43 PM   #9
Monkeydad
Living Legend

I just remembered this...in 2015 the UNITED STATES ARMY got bullied into changing their name from the Black Knights to the Cadets by these same people. THE ARMY!

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...ack-to-cadets/
Old 07-11-2020, 10:47 PM   #10
rocnrik
Playmaker

Damn !! I like the rant !! 👍👍💯
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 12:11 AM   #11
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

https://news.berkeley.edu/2020/02/04...ascots-survey/
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 12:46 AM   #12
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Unbelievable that so many of you seem to believe that racial inequality is a hoax or something. That change is bad. That the change agent is some sort of terrorist organization. That no statistics or facts back up the fact that it is real. Just amazing. I could post 1000 different links to back it up but they would just be called fake news. I honestly do not think you guys are racist , sorry if I implied that. I think you are just completely oblivious. That is not meant to be an insult. I cannot wrap my head around the fact that the fight for racial equality has become some left wing conspiracy theory of sorts with a hidden agenda to somehow ruin all your lives.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 03:03 AM   #13
Meks
Pro Bowl

Post any links you want.. do I think the article and link posted above from 2/4/20 was manipulated and paid for? Probably. Or just more mindless ppl being sold on an idea that wasn't theirs like fucking the movie inception. Yes. I believe it's mostly bullshit. Not a 'hoax' as you say but absolutely manufactured to serve those behind that particular agenda... You think mass influence isn't real? You think mass manipulation isn't real? Crawl out from that rock you're living under my friend or better yet STAY THERE.... You'd be better off. It's funny that the fuckin "woke masses" or w.ever the fuck it is they call themselves claim what they calim because these moronic drones are the ones who are actually asleep. I am not saying that of you, at all, (who am I kidding I kinda am) but you're in here talking about racial inequality on some grand scale as if us being persecuted for our fucking NFL franchise is somehow bigger than the Blackhawks, or even the fucking cowboys. If the Cleveland INDIANS have to change their name.... COWBOYS VS. INDIANS........ Fucking hypocritical double standards is something I simply do not fucking tolerate. Go after them and be a poster child for another fucking cause sperate from your flesh and blood that you call your fucking team. I am a redskin for fucking life and I WILL NOT .... Hear otherwise.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Old 07-12-2020, 08:44 AM   #14
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
It’s important to understand that if a social media platform decides it doesn’t want certain posts on its platform, that’s not anywhere close to the same thing as government censorship or a violation of your rights to free speech.

Social media platforms are owned and administrated by the company who created them. So if they take down certain posts, they’re basically telling you “you can say what you want because it’s a free country, but you can’t say it here, take it somewhere else.”

And if you don’t like it, you’re free to start your own social media platform.
Old 07-12-2020, 10:47 AM   #15
SCRedskinsFan
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Unbelievable that so many of you seem to believe that racial inequality is a hoax or something. That change is bad. That the change agent is some sort of terrorist organization. That no statistics or facts back up the fact that it is real. Just amazing. I could post 1000 different links to back it up but they would just be called fake news. I honestly do not think you guys are racist , sorry if I implied that. I think you are just completely oblivious. That is not meant to be an insult. I cannot wrap my head around the fact that the fight for racial equality has become some left wing conspiracy theory of sorts with a hidden agenda to somehow ruin all your lives.
Great message, hope more than a few here are with you, it does sound discouraging. All those that have somehow attached their personal identity to the name of a football team need to get a life. And before you call me out, know that I have been a Redskins fan since my Army days at Fort Belvoir in 1966.

And “oblivious” is a pretty kind way to describe the reaction of too many on this board. I hope that description is accurate, but fear it may not be. If that sort of nonsense continues in a serious vein, I will depart The Warpath after many years.
SCRedskinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote