Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Should we be drafting Tua???

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Should the Redskins take Tua #2 overall?
Yes 7 15.56%
No 38 84.44%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-02-2020, 07:16 PM   #91
30gut
Playmaker

Re: Should we be drafting Tua???

Yes, I would have no issues with drafting Tua....and I like Haskins
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-02-2020, 08:00 PM   #92
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
That's simply too much draft capital tied up in the QB spot, you can't take Tua #2 and bring him in to "compete". He's either your guy or it's Haskins.
I'm wishing (highly doubtful but) the Giants pull a trade off with Cincinnati for the #1 spot and they can still get their QB ar #4 . Skins don't need him Burrow couldn't beat out Haskins at Ohio St , Lions sticking with Stafford so the bengals can get the Giants #1 this year , #1 next year and a #3 for next year.What ya think, Giants take Young
Old 03-02-2020, 08:18 PM   #93
Number44
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I'm wishing (highly doubtful but) the Giants pull a trade off with Cincinnati for the #1 spot and they can still get their QB ar #4 . Skins don't need him Burrow couldn't beat out Haskins at Ohio St , Lions sticking with Stafford so the bengals can get the Giants #1 this year , #1 next year and a #3 for next year.What ya think, Giants take Young
Sorry, but there's really no chance. If Cincy was silly enough to trade the #1 pick, it would take a lot more than that. Miami, for example, can easily offer a much better trade.

The Giant's only realistic hope of getting Young is if Miami offers the Redskins an offer they can't refuse for #2 and either Carolina or San Diego does the same with Detroit for #3. Young is most likely going to be either a Redskin or a Lion.
Number44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 09:03 PM   #94
skinsfanmdc
Camp Scrub

If Tua was healthy I say yes, but he is injury prone. He won't be able to stay healthy. I get the excitement from just watching his top 10 plays. But I don't get why some are overlooking his injuries. Sam Bradford, Carson Wentz, RG III injured in college. Tua has never played a full season I think Todd McShay said. So you get Tua:
1. You miss on Chase Young and building around Dewayne Haskins
2. You trade Haskins to another team and another coach will build around him.
3. You miss the opportunity to trade to get three first round picks (Charlie Davis Says and Charlie Casserly). Charlies Casserly mentioned it has to be a first for next year from a team you know is going to get one in the top 10. Makes sense.

Isn't Tua even medically cleared yet? Also, I see a lot of backtracking once he starts to get the injury bug. "Skins should have drafted chase" etc etc.

Todd Mcshay made some good points on Tua and his injury history. Without the injuries Tua would be a bengal and I would want the Skins to take Joe B.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Twh3bxDJWkQ
skinsfanmdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 09:44 PM   #95
Warthog
The Starter

I still think the Tua talk is there to generate the best trade offers to us from Miami or someone else. This is a very smart move from Rivera, because otherwise everyone would simply talk to the Lions (they may anyway).

Chase Young will not get past the third pick (Lions). Sorry for the Giant fan dreamers. Still, the Giants could end up with Isaiah Simmons, who is a damn good player and he had a great Combine.

Speaking of the Combine, the WR from Ohio State, Hill had a bad Combine and could fall to the fourth corner fifth round now. I thought the Redskins might think about him, but there are better choices at WR #2. I think Kyle Smith will make their fourth or fifth round picks at WR. I still think their #66 pick ( assuming we can’t get a second round pick) will go to TE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 11:39 PM   #96
Meks
Pro Bowl

To answer the thread, no thanks
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 06:08 AM   #97
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

The injury issue is too great to draft at no 2. 3 surgeries in 22 months...just no.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 07:22 AM   #98
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

We keep screaming build and after one year we what the next shiny thing and discard what we already have. No to Tua even if he wasn't College injury prone.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 09:30 AM   #99
skinsnut
Playmaker

I just watched bot Tua and Haskins highlights, so I am now an expert in this. It seems Tua is more accurate quicker, faster, and sets his feet very well, yet he seems small. Haskins on the other hand is built well, and can take hits. His feet are not perfect, sometimes throws a half step behind.Tua seems to have an incredibly quick release without any hesitation, whereas Haskins is a tad slower but stands well in the pocket. I would think the NFL would put Tua on the move constantly which would give him more broken coverage opportunities. But Haskins doesn't have that advantage. There does seem to be a noticeable size difference. I think we are talking an A- vs a B (Haskins) if healthy. Both are used to clean pockets and top receivers. We know Haskins is NFL tough and can deliver without WR advantages. I see his floor as a top NFL backup. We really don't know if Tua can take NFL punishment of up to 5 sacks a game, nor how he deals with WR/CB parity. And with his injury history, he does have injury bust potential. But he is no RGIII, he throws incredibly well from the pocket if he were to lose his wheels. If Tua has Haskins mobility, he still has better mechanics and accuracy and delivery quickness. I'd be happy with either. Haskins is a strong and steady B that seems dependable, Tua seems like an A- that could get hurt at any moment. Haskins is actually the safer bet. We just need some explosive offensive playmakers to make up the difference.
Old 03-03-2020, 01:01 PM   #100
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsnut View Post
I just watched bot Tua and Haskins highlights, so I am now an expert in this. It seems Tua is more accurate quicker, faster, and sets his feet very well, yet he seems small. Haskins on the other hand is built well, and can take hits. His feet are not perfect, sometimes throws a half step behind.Tua seems to have an incredibly quick release without any hesitation, whereas Haskins is a tad slower but stands well in the pocket. I would think the NFL would put Tua on the move constantly which would give him more broken coverage opportunities. But Haskins doesn't have that advantage. There does seem to be a noticeable size difference. I think we are talking an A- vs a B (Haskins) if healthy. Both are used to clean pockets and top receivers. We know Haskins is NFL tough and can deliver without WR advantages. I see his floor as a top NFL backup. We really don't know if Tua can take NFL punishment of up to 5 sacks a game, nor how he deals with WR/CB parity. And with his injury history, he does have injury bust potential. But he is no RGIII, he throws incredibly well from the pocket if he were to lose his wheels. If Tua has Haskins mobility, he still has better mechanics and accuracy and delivery quickness. I'd be happy with either. Haskins is a strong and steady B that seems dependable, Tua seems like an A- that could get hurt at any moment. Haskins is actually the safer bet. We just need some explosive offensive playmakers to make up the difference.

Nice analysis. The offense will be better is so many ways over last season:

1: TE. I think the Redskins will outbid the rest of the NFL to get the top TE in FA - either Henry or Hooper. These guys are not elite but very good. I also think the Redskins will use one of their top draft picks (after Chase Young, lol) to go for a TE. BL - TE will be far better than last year.

2. OL - Scherff will stay with a franchise tag. Flowers will be resigned. Trent will probably be traded for a second-rounder. This will add to the cap limit. Use a top draft pick for OT. Use some of the cap money for a OT FA. BL - OL will be decent and better than last year.

3. WR - add either a WR draft pick and/or a WR FA. The rookies from last year will get better.

4. Scott Turner will be better at OC for Haskins then KOC.

The offense will be better for Haskins than last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 02:15 PM   #101
Burgold
Special Teams

No,he's too fragile.
Burgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 02:33 PM   #102
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
The injury issue is too great to draft at no 2. 3 surgeries in 22 months...just no.
Also the thing is they are not common injuries for a football player, two ankles and a hip. Maybe the poor guy has some genetic condition that makes him more fragile than an average male in their early 20's.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 02:48 PM   #103
mredskins
MVP

Here is Redskins luck, we draft Tua, Giants get Young. First game against the Giants; Young sacks Tau and re-breaks his hip.
Old 03-03-2020, 02:54 PM   #104
MTK
\m/

I truly believe we're locked in on Young.
Old 03-03-2020, 02:58 PM   #105
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Here is Redskins luck, we draft Tua, Giants get Young. First game against the Giants; Young sacks Tau and re-breaks his hip.
I almost spit my afternoon coffee out...

Of course this would happen....and Jordan Reed would have a monster day against us as the new Giants tight end

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote